• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Amethyst, Aquamarine and Amber

Years
    Pokemon Amethyst, Aquamarine and Amber (Hiatus)

Game Plots

I have three different games in which I'll be working on. These are Pokemon Amethyst, Amberand Aquamarine.
    In Amethyst
    Spoiler:

Aquamarine will take place some time after the events of Amethyst and Amber. You as the player are investigating a group called Team Caeli who are experimenting on pokemon and genetic engineering. You are determined to protect your secret home Whinahin - a land where pokemon are ancient, protected from influences that could cause them harm. You must stop Team Caeli and capture all of the genetic mutations they created called Pokemorphs, while protecting the secrecy of your home from the outside world, as Caeli wishes to bring down the high moutains that surround the region.

Spriters

I am in need of spriters to help me finnish the graphics for the game. As you can imagine, doing this is going to be difficult on my own.

Features

All Pokemon
    Pokemon Contests
    PokeContests
    Pokemon Master Journey
    (more added later)

Samples

Alissa/Aquamarine

This is Alissa, or Aquamarine in her regular and Contest outfits.

Alissa's animation for throwing her pokeball.

Sierra/Amethyst

Sierra's one outfit. Her creator has to draw another outfit for me. No, Sierra doesn't belong to me, she belongs to a friend of mine.

Sierra's animation. I rushed a little with this one so she doesn't fade out or pause in the beginning.

Butterbee. A cross between Butterfree and Beedrill.

Espeard. Espeon and Charizard.

Houndbat. Zubat/Houndour.

Growleon. Growlithe/Umbreon.

Ancient Magikarp. I remember that they said that a long time ago Magikarp used to be as powerful as its' evolution. So, here's the powerful Magikarp.

Cipher grunt female. Made before the DS games came out.

Yoseibara. A pokemon of my own creation. No, not a Roselia evolution.

I'll put the pictures that aren't into a GIF format when I get time.

Last edited:

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
    Years
    Mr InMooseWeTrust, you're absolutely right, it is taken. But my God, do you thrive on putting other people down even when they've barely started?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Pokemon Amethyst is already taken. And besides, you wouldn't be able to do a game as good as Wichu's anyway.
    -___-' ......yeah um that wasn't cool at all. what if he thought Pokemon Hall of fame wasn't any good.I think that until you start a thread for a game of your own you shouldn't predict what someone elses game is gonna be like. what if we dont think Pokemon Hall of fame is as good as Pokemon Amethyst.

Anyway maybe you should recruit some members for a team and show us a little of what u can do?

Years
    Pokemon Amethyst is already taken. And besides, you wouldn't be able to do a game as good as Wichu's anyway.

I don't give a crap if the name is already taken. My game, I get to name it whatever I want to. It's not like I am stealing from that person. And it's not like either game is going to become official. Now, if you aren't going to do anything other than be a thorn in my side, then please leave.

And for those of you who did come to look at my game (though in the earliest of stages), thank you. I have been able to make some progress on the sprites, and will post the characters for Amethyst and Aquamarine, some sample Pokemorphs and a pokemon of my own creation.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    I don't give a crap if the name is already taken. My game, I get to name it whatever I want to. It's not like I am stealing from that person. And it's not like either game is going to become official. Now, if you aren't going to do anything other than be a thorn in my side, then please leave.

And for those of you who did come to look at my game (though in the earliest of stages), thank you. I have been able to make some progress on the sprites, and will post the characters for Amethyst and Aquamarine, some sample Pokemorphs and a pokemon of my own creation.
    He is right though I agree that he should maybe shut up with the "It'll never be as good as wichu's" stuff but you should maybe change ur name.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    No, I won't mind if you keep the name. I'd recommend you change it, though, as unless your game becomes as good as mine, you're risking that it's going to 'live in the shadow' of my game. Also, having two Amethyst games may confuse people.

But in the end, it's your choice; I can't do anything to stop you.

Lmayonaise

constant pain in the ..
    Years
    I think an 18 year old is capable of justifying a proper development and await good things from twilight guardian. I trust your Amythest will be a great surpassment of the one being developed by Wichu.

Years
    I'm also working for a Pokemon Amber, so yeah that's taken too. :/ Gems, every color you can think of, and stock things like dusk/dawn, good/evil, chaot/order are all really common and you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be used. ...So pull up a Periodic table and be interesting about it. Pokemon Indium? Tellurium? Argon? Aluminum even? There's so many things in this world besides gems and birthstones. Really. :/ Also, don't do two versions; Nintendo does that for marketing purposes so they can make people buy more than one of the same game, but for developers it's just more work.

As for your plot, hm... well, I did have an idea a while ago for a game that involved forming your own team, so I hope you go somewhere good with it. =D ...However, there are some plot inconsistencies with the rest of the games. Most of the teams had their own motives that weren't necessarily crime: Team Magma and Aqua, for example, were bent on releasing their legendaries to change the environment, but they weren't really criminals besides stealing technology. Team Snagem directly involved stealing Pokemon and genetic experiments, so you could call them mad scientists. Team Galactic was an evil syndicate under the guise of an official corporation, and they really only turned evil under the guidance of Cyrus. Team Rocket is really the only team that fits your description of what an "evil team" would be-- they're akin to the mafia I guess, in that they are an underground network of power and crime.

...What I'm saying is that your notion is flawed from square one. ...Okay, not exactly, but having "all the teams running amuk" (it's spelled amok by the way) just plain doesn't work, because they all have different motives. Plus, what makes them evil? The "hero" must be evil to them, because they're getting in their way deliberately and messing up their plans. Perhaps look at your plot from a different angle and rethink parts of it? It's a good, quite original basis, really, but there are some seriously shaky parts.

Years
    I'm also working for a Pokemon Amber, so yeah that's taken too. :/ Gems, every color you can think of, and stock things like dusk/dawn, good/evil, chaot/order are all really common and you can bet your bottom dollar it'll be used. ...So pull up a Periodic table and be interesting about it. Pokemon Indium? Tellurium? Argon? Aluminum even? There's so many things in this world besides gems and birthstones. Really. :/ Also, don't do two versions; Nintendo does that for marketing purposes so they can make people buy more than one of the same game, but for developers it's just more work.

As for your plot, hm... well, I did have an idea a while ago for a game that involved forming your own team, so I hope you go somewhere good with it. =D ...However, there are some plot inconsistencies with the rest of the games. Most of the teams had their own motives that weren't necessarily crime: Team Magma and Aqua, for example, were bent on releasing their legendaries to change the environment, but they weren't really criminals besides stealing technology. Team Snagem directly involved stealing Pokemon and genetic experiments, so you could call them mad scientists. Team Galactic was an evil syndicate under the guise of an official corporation, and they really only turned evil under the guidance of Cyrus. Team Rocket is really the only team that fits your description of what an "evil team" would be-- they're akin to the mafia I guess, in that they are an underground network of power and crime.

...What I'm saying is that your notion is flawed from square one. ...Okay, not exactly, but having "all the teams running amuk" (it's spelled amok by the way) just plain doesn't work, because they all have different motives. Plus, what makes them evil? The "hero" must be evil to them, because they're getting in their way deliberately and messing up their plans. Perhaps look at your plot from a different angle and rethink parts of it? It's a good, quite original basis, really, but there are some seriously shaky parts.

Yeah, I suppose that is true, but this game is kind of set after the other games. They could have different motives or using more aggressive and illegal methods to get what they want. And Snagem were Pokemon Thieves, thus more like Team Rocket while Cipher was more Mad Science-y. I know it's flawed. Everything I do is flawed in one way or another. But meh... We'll just have to see what we can do with it. It is, after all, still in the early stages of planning.

And no... I am not naming my character Aluminum. That's just gay. xD

Last edited:
    Years
    It still makes no sense to have them all there at once. :/ Especially if they were set after the official games, because in each and every official game, the team is overthrown/disbanded. Okay sure, Team Rocket has potential to return (a la GSC and everyone and their dog's fangame), but TMA (Magma/Aqua) saw the error of their ways in RSE and have since abandoned all evil pursuits. Same with Galactic. See what I mean?

...Mercury maybe? =P (I have a character named Mercury... not for Pokemon though.) Doesn't fit with the A-theme, buuut it sounds cool and naming things according to themes sucks. C: Look up interesting gems on Wikipedia or something. Orrrr *looks at Periodic table again* Argon! Yeah! Okay, not a gem, but it fits the A-theme and doesn't sound gay or anything... but oh geez, what am I saying? You just plain shouldn't have a second version. <<

...Oh yeah, since I'm a spriter an' all, do you want some crit and suggestions on those sprites you posted there? :3 I won't be too harsh.

Years
    Remember that I'm also following the Manga theme with naming the characters after the version of the game. And after what you said about having two versions I agree. I actually thought that I could have a kind of Ranger-ish game with Amethyst. You have an on-the-go agency and people allow you to evaluate their pokemon. And if you don't like the way the pokemon are treated then you steal them, raise them for a bit and sell them to good trainers.

And sure, I wouldn't mind for you to look at my sprites. I'm not an expert spriter, the pokemon sprites were my first ever ones. I'm mostly good at recolouring, which everyone can do. But I am very proud of them.

Years
    That's good; that worked for the developers up until RSE (and the Manga still used it, yeah) so I don't see why not. However, don't have two versions. You can have two characters, sure, but for all the reasons I've already stated, you do not need to make two versions. One will just end up being neglected. Also, I'm trying to stop you from using Amber. :P (it's also really not a guy's name at all...)

They're quite good for being your first ones. :3 I can still give you some tips though.

Alissa's your main character in Aquamarine? See, here's the thing: I see it's a trainer sprite fusion, with parts from the Idol, the beauty, and what looks like Green from FRLG. The fusion itself is good, and has good flow, but-- you'll get this a lot-- paint defaults. Do not use them. You know? The bright yellow and the bright red and the bright blue... they're eye-hurting, and you've blotted out the outline with them and gotten rid of the shading. The sprite's good in one way, but drastically flawed in another. I'm wondering how that came to be. :/

Sierra's a little better because you refrained from using Paint defaults, but you've still got some outlining issues here. Her shirt is outlined in purple, and her hair is rather more of an amorphous blob. Hair is tough to shade, but the general idea is that the bright part faces the light (upper-left) and that it flows in strands.

I'm not gonna review all your sprites, so I'll just lump all the mixes into one here. Personally I think the idea of mixes in a Pokemon game is... well, to be honest, I worked for a hack (I think it was called Atlantis Reborn or sommat) during my early days here and it had mixes in it, and I thought that was the coolest thing at the time. ...But you know what? Mixes in general are... not very good plot devices. "lets combine 2 Pokemon into 1 superstrong 1 olol" is just... nonsensical. I mean, if it was just enhancing Pokemon, sure, but "mai espon haz charzard wings" makes close to no sense, and you'd have a hard time explaining it in a plot. ...Uh, oh right, the sprite? It's decent (the yellow belly is a nice touch) but it's RSE sprites and so must be very old, amirite? =P

Wow, you made that as your first? For a first, it's excellent! Even if you use... uhh, Bulbasaur colors? It's still impressive. There's details in there that I'd crit if you had a bit more experience (such as flat shading or shaky outlines) but right now you should just make more scratches and I'm fairly sure you'll improve by yourself.

Hope this helps. ^_^ (Annnnd I have nothing better to do than to help some fangame maker. xD; So I'm stalking this thread, and this thread only, right now. Pathetic, I know, right? I should be spriting or something.)

Years
    That's good; that worked for the developers up until RSE (and the Manga still used it, yeah) so I don't see why not. However, don't have two versions. You can have two characters, sure, but for all the reasons I've already stated, you do not need to make two versions. One will just end up being neglected. Also, I'm trying to stop you from using Amber. :P (it's also really not a guy's name at all...)

They're quite good for being your first ones. :3 I can still give you some tips though.

Alissa's your main character in Aquamarine? See, here's the thing: I see it's a trainer sprite fusion, with parts from the Idol, the beauty, and what looks like Green from FRLG. The fusion itself is good, and has good flow, but-- you'll get this a lot-- paint defaults. Do not use them. You know? The bright yellow and the bright red and the bright blue... they're eye-hurting, and you've blotted out the outline with them and gotten rid of the shading. The sprite's good in one way, but drastically flawed in another. I'm wondering how that came to be. :/

Sierra's a little better because you refrained from using Paint defaults, but you've still got some outlining issues here. Her shirt is outlined in purple, and her hair is rather more of an amorphous blob. Hair is tough to shade, but the general idea is that the bright part faces the light (upper-left) and that it flows in strands.

I'm not gonna review all your sprites, so I'll just lump all the mixes into one here. Personally I think the idea of mixes in a Pokemon game is... well, to be honest, I worked for a hack (I think it was called Atlantis Reborn or sommat) during my early days here and it had mixes in it, and I thought that was the coolest thing at the time. ...But you know what? Mixes in general are... not very good plot devices. "lets combine 2 Pokemon into 1 superstrong 1 olol" is just... nonsensical. I mean, if it was just enhancing Pokemon, sure, but "mai espon haz charzard wings" makes close to no sense, and you'd have a hard time explaining it in a plot. ...Uh, oh right, the sprite? It's decent (the yellow belly is a nice touch) but it's RSE sprites and so must be very old, amirite? =P

Wow, you made that as your first? For a first, it's excellent! Even if you use... uhh, Bulbasaur colors? It's still impressive. There's details in there that I'd crit if you had a bit more experience (such as flat shading or shaky outlines) but right now you should just make more scratches and I'm fairly sure you'll improve by yourself.

Hope this helps. ^_^ (Annnnd I have nothing better to do than to help some fangame maker. xD; So I'm stalking this thread, and this thread only, right now. Pathetic, I know, right? I should be spriting or something.)

Actually I'm quite glad that you are lol. It gives me someone to talk to and I get more motivated to do my games. I guess I'll answer from the first sprite to the last.

Alissa's outfit was based off of an outfit that I used to wear a lot when I was 13. It was my favorite outfit ever. My favorite colour is blue, and Alissa had blonde hair since she was first created (She's my first character ever, I made her when I was 5 at an attempt at an imaginary friend. But I've never been one for those so she just stayed as an insert character for my favorite tv shows until she got her own storyline). And the red sweatshirt... well that again was because I had a red hoodie at the time that I wore around my waist to keep my bag from falling. It could have been any colour. It just turned out to be red.

As for my Pokemorphs... I don't intend to make them all powerful. They are genetically modified pokemon created by Team Caeli. The pokemon were mostly like test subjects, as their goal was to create a pokemon modled after a made-up pokemon of mine called Unicis - which is a final evolution for Ponyta. They'll have all the strengths of the pokemon they are combined from, but also have all of the weaknesses.

And thanks for the compliment on my Yoseibara. Actually I had the basic structure of the pokemon from a Roselia-evolution sprite someone made. Not a very good one, either. But out of all of the sprites I make (with an exception to the Pokemorphs) I choose the colours myself, not from other sprites.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    dude you guys are awesome but i am new at this and only know hacking i have peter_0's starter kit but know nothing could you guys please tell me what to use when making a game

Years
    Actually I'm quite glad that you are lol. It gives me someone to talk to and I get more motivated to do my games. I guess I'll answer from the first sprite to the last.

Alissa's outfit was based off of an outfit that I used to wear a lot when I was 13. It was my favorite outfit ever. My favorite colour is blue, and Alissa had blonde hair since she was first created (She's my first character ever, I made her when I was 5 at an attempt at an imaginary friend. But I've never been one for those so she just stayed as an insert character for my favorite tv shows until she got her own storyline). And the red sweatshirt... well that again was because I had a red hoodie at the time that I wore around my waist to keep my bag from falling. It could have been any colour. It just turned out to be red.

As for my Pokemorphs... I don't intend to make them all powerful. They are genetically modified pokemon created by Team Caeli. The pokemon were mostly like test subjects, as their goal was to create a pokemon modled after a made-up pokemon of mine called Unicis - which is a final evolution for Ponyta. They'll have all the strengths of the pokemon they are combined from, but also have all of the weaknesses.

And thanks for the compliment on my Yoseibara. Actually I had the basic structure of the pokemon from a Roselia-evolution sprite someone made. Not a very good one, either. But out of all of the sprites I make (with an exception to the Pokemorphs) I choose the colours myself, not from other sprites.

(Ignoring the above post... that's for you to reply to. n_n~) Speaking of, what ARE you planning to make this game in? RMXP? Should be easy enough with Poccil's kit and everything. Personally I'm not a big RMXP fan, buuut to each his (or her) own I guess.

Anyway, as for Alissa. I'm not saying her outfit is bad-- it's actually a decent design-- but your problem in the sprite is that the colors you're using are much too bright, and you're missing outlines. It would be fine if you used a darker, less saturated blue/red/yellow and added some shading.

...Yeeees, but that doesn't make it okay to have them in a game. :/ I just... meh, I used to be big into splices, but let me tell you, if you used them you would get a lot of grief about it from other people. ...But then, you DO have until game 2 to think about it. ^^;

...Uh, right, in that case you should probably credit the person whose sprite it's based on so you aren't accused of art theft... ^^; Anyway. In that case, you need to focus on picking more vivid colors... although admittedly, there's not much you can go for with green (green and darker green, or green and lighter green? The choices!). Still, though, the only thing I can say is to keep making fakes, as if you were going to sprite all the fakemon in your region. Don't worry about the designs in the beginning; sharpen up your skills by spriting generic starter lines. Grass lizard, water fish, fire bear? Who cares if it's cliche, just do it for practice. Also, drawing IRL helps with scratching. It's the most valuable skill a spriter can know, without a doubt, so you should work on it. x3

Years
    (Ignoring the above post... that's for you to reply to. n_n~) Speaking of, what ARE you planning to make this game in? RMXP? Should be easy enough with Poccil's kit and everything. Personally I'm not a big RMXP fan, buuut to each his (or her) own I guess.

Anyway, as for Alissa. I'm not saying her outfit is bad-- it's actually a decent design-- but your problem in the sprite is that the colors you're using are much too bright, and you're missing outlines. It would be fine if you used a darker, less saturated blue/red/yellow and added some shading.

...Yeeees, but that doesn't make it okay to have them in a game. :/ I just... meh, I used to be big into splices, but let me tell you, if you used them you would get a lot of grief about it from other people. ...But then, you DO have until game 2 to think about it. ^^;

...Uh, right, in that case you should probably credit the person whose sprite it's based on so you aren't accused of art theft... ^^; Anyway. In that case, you need to focus on picking more vivid colors... although admittedly, there's not much you can go for with green (green and darker green, or green and lighter green? The choices!). Still, though, the only thing I can say is to keep making fakes, as if you were going to sprite all the fakemon in your region. Don't worry about the designs in the beginning; sharpen up your skills by spriting generic starter lines. Grass lizard, water fish, fire bear? Who cares if it's cliche, just do it for practice. Also, drawing IRL helps with scratching. It's the most valuable skill a spriter can know, without a doubt, so you should work on it. x3

Jeebus I have absolutely no clue what you just said in your last paragraph lol. For my Yoseibara I found the sprite I modled it after by accident, and I haven't been able to find it since. If the person did give their name, I don't know it. Yoseibara is supposed to be a bright pokemon. I never wanted her to be too dark, but not bright enough to blind people. I think that her colours now are decent. Just in my oppinion.

For my Pokemorphs, I'm used to getting grief about everything that I do. I may be acting dramatic, but I get grief by breathing the wrong way sometimes lol. I guess by now I'm used to taking it and just pushing it out the other ear. As I said before, if someone doesn't like it, they don't have to play it. I'm sure there are other games out there. But I have been spending a lot of time looking at the moves of the pokemon in which I've spliced together to see what they can and can't do. It's a lot of fun. I am a perfectionist with things that I like to do, so I can spend a long time doing something until it's exactly how I want it.

Um... for outlines and making my characters stand out like that... How can I do that? It's not like I learned how to make sprites properly, I just Frankenstein other sprites together until I get what I want then recolour and add pixels accordingly

Back