• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: -=~//::Pokemon Amethyst::\\~=-

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    ok ill have it ready in a few minutes, i also need the overworld of the grass leader in PNG format cuz those colors are screwy too.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    unfortunatly whitneys is the same is HIRO's so she will have to be purple. Im not going to edit whitneys sprite until i can figure out how to make her green.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    BETA 2 RELEASED!

Please report any bugs you find. Save constantly just incase. Also report any weird or off looking palettes. Please give your opinion on the specific things you like and dislike about the game. I'd like some constructive criticism.

Heres a couple screens.

EDIT: ive changed my mind in light of all the glicthes, i need more beta testing before the beta is ready. Sorry to everyone but at the moment the game is not ready to be fully enjoyed so i wont keep it up for DL.

Last edited:

c123

Cool Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I think the route 29 map is kind of boring and you have a cliff when you go off of it you go right into a tree and can get stuck.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2006
    Got some glitched images ^^

Also in the first town, in the bottom house, if you talk to the guy he messes up your game

and in the town with the rocky/bug gym the cave resets itself and every time I beat it and go back in I have to do it all over again then I have to battle the rival again. (I stopped there because I can not figure out where to go after that 0.o, any tips?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    yes i understand thats what the beta is a about but there are alot of glitches that wont allow you to complete the beta it seems. Im just going to have to do a playthough of it myself then i can be sure.

-i found something very odd in GM that may be causing some of these glithes. When i changed the palette of SUDOWOODO it changed the pallette of alot of other people in the game. Now this was expected but what i found was that the function byte controls the color assigned to a sprite. But it also glitches the event up. Im not really sure what this is for but i found that the function 0 works if you substitute it in. So i had to change alot of sprites functions so that they wouldnt have screwy colors.

This could be the cause for alot of the event bugs.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
    I'm nearly finished

Hey guys! EXE, good news! I'm nearly finished wth that gym leader text! Bad news! I can't seem to find all of bugsy's name! The only BUGSY i could find is where the guy says the thing about how to beat her. I'll find it eventually though.

c123

Cool Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Another glitch is machops sprite is only a little line. Sorry for no pic. I was playing it on my psp and the emulator does not take pics

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    i probably wont be able to work on the hack much for the next 2 weeks because i need to concentrate on schoolwork for the remaining time before vacation. Sometime around christmas i will release a beta which will go up to the 4th badge and will have thorough bug testing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    dont worry i am still working on it.
    ive been a bit busy but i have changed some things around in the hack. I have redone some routes and towns etc to make it more interesting and ive changed the starters. Now you can only choose the Psychic pikachu. You still will be able to get the new type starters later in the game.
    DM- could you make a better tree tile for the swamp. the one im using right now isnt that great.

edit: Am i allowed to start a new thread for this hack? I want to update the original post so people will actually see it.

edit2: DM: i also need back sprites for these pokes

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back