• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: -=Pokemon~Amethyst=-

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    I wont edit the cry, the dex will be edited eventually. this is a beta so not all things you will see are completely finished. I know that he keeps giving the gastlys, i dont know how to stop that but i decided to leave it in anyway because its not that bad of a bug. also, the levels are not perfectly balanced. I have been working on setting the wild and trainer pokemon to the right levels to make sure its not to easy or to hard. When Amethyst is finished, the GYM battles and elite battles will be harder and have more interesting pokemon than the last games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    thanks DM it looks pretty good, im thinking i might use that as the standard tree but i will try it in the swamp aswell. could you make a new grass tile aswell?

edit:
    more sreens
    i inserted the tile, the colors are a lil diff but i thik it looks pretty good. heres a camparioson of the old vs new tileset and some others

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    im debating redoing major parts of the game, maybe even completewly changing some things. i will try to get a better pallete sheme if you really think it looks bad. I was thinking of changing the name into Crystal Islands
    aswell. possibly keeping the main char purple but maybe not. Ive also decided to make the game a bit more interesting in its map connection layout. the next beta will go to the 5th city. but it will not come out for a while because im going to do a major overhaul of the game. it will have more of a water theme and youll have to use surf from early in the game.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Aww......I can't wait for the next Beta! I think you should Keep the main Charector Purple, it looks kool imo. Are the glitches in the current beta being fixed for the next Beta?

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    if they can be, certain glitches, like the gastly will probably stay in the game.

also, its seems DM is busy so are there any other spriters who are willing to work on mostly revamps. unless ur rewally good at customs aswell. I have a bunch of sprites i want revamps/devamped so that by the end there will hardly be any old trainer sprites in the game.

Last edited:

Zacceh

Years
  • Kool! Are you gonna fix the battle on the Route(s) between Violet & Azalea? You know the one w/ Like.....Dereck & he has a Lvl. 35 Trapinch and his Battle sprite is MissingNo, is that going to be fixed? Also, I noticed that the route w/ the Dancing Pok?mon, there are only Pok?mon at Night, why is that? The Gastly glitch isn't a big deal so I can understand why you're leaving that. Also, are you going to devamp alot of Pok?mon, or only a few?

.::EDIT::. Oh the glitches that can be fixed. Ok. Well I hope thats fixable!

--Go Panthers!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2006
    yes that will definitly be fixed. I need to get a difenite beta tester so that these kinda glicthes wont pop up as often. Im was thinking of getting people to help devamp sprites that have cooler poses in dif versions just as a cool little feature in the game.

Zacceh

Years
  • You need a Beta Tester? If so I'll be that Tester! I've played the Current Beta & beaten it and found glitches. (for some reason i'm really good at that....hm..) Anyways if you do need a Beta tester I voulunteer. But I can't devamp.....wait...no I can't.

--Go Panthers!!

Years
  • I played the beta, but I'm stuck. How do you get back to Littleroot (Or whatever it's called) Town?

Also, I discovered a small quirk. I used the Phone on the Pokegear (I don't know why...), and when I returned to the field, the graphics were messed up, and remained like that. I have a screenshot.

Zacceh

Years
  • Zephyr, that doesn't look messed up, lol. Ok from Cherrygrove(or w/e) go East & the spot you are at in your Screenie, go up that route and North again when you see a building, there is Grass where you can find Mudkips & Yanmas. Go North a little bit more and you will see a ledge heading East followed by a Building North-East of that. Go through the building it should be an Undergound tunnel. Go through the tunnel & you should be in Littleroot (or w/e).

Back