• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I haven't used the feature much, but I like using it from time to time. I think that a lot of the pokemon are cute looking! It reminds me of the things you can do with your sprite partners in Kingdom Hearts: DDD. I like that GameFreak added the feature. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I use it with all my main party Pokemon to max out affection, because the effects are really quite useful in battle. The 'mini-game' itself kind of tedious though, to me at least.

It's fine and cute when I play with Pokemon like Sylveon, but I always feel kind of awkward rubbing humanoid Pokemon. {XD}

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Man, I was sure addicted to this feature! :D It made me fall in love with my Froakie. <3 I like to max out affection with Pokepuffs and petting every time my team gets hungry! Well, not every minute, but y'know. :P

Berry Picker is the easiest, funnest and most addictive of the three mini games, I reckon! The puzzle one is too hard for me, haha.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Thanks for all the great info + tips too, especially with the PokePuffs! Just learned something new!
    I'll agree with the 'Head It' game, for me it's the most fun.

It will help me bond more with my Pokemon.
    Head it is my favorite game of Amie, too. Just because it's more timing and precision, rather than memory-based and speed, like Berry Picker or the Jigsaw

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not sure how I passed the hard Berry Picker, was kind of disappointed with Unlimited since I thought it would go fast, but goes same speed as Normal. I thought the berries would also increase.

I find it funny and entertaining how different Pokemon react to petting [favorite body-parts and least favorite body-parts] and feeding [good ones and when dropped by accident] - happy movement/voice, saddened movement/voice, annoyed movement/voice and even angered movement/voice. Noticed that majority of Pokemon like being petted on top of their head near the ears and under the chin.

for me personally....
    Spoiler:

Head it is my favorite game of Amie, too. Just because it's more timing and precision, rather than memory-based and speed, like Berry Picker or the Jigsaw
    That is the fun of Head It, speed and randomness, some yard fall fast others really slow. Don't know how at times I catch the really fast ones but miss the slow moving ones.
    I'm also starting to like the Berry Picker.

Years
  • I am loving this feature. Sometimes I just stop and play with all my Pokemon for about 10 minutes. I do wish the face play worked a little better. Seems you need good lighting to make it work. Sometimes it recognizes all my faces, sometimes not. Seeing the disappointed look on my Pokemon's face is heart breaking. I love playing with Pikachu the most, probably because he/she actually says its' name. Still confused about the Pokepuffs. My Pokemon eats whatever I feed them. They have never done anything to show that they did not like them. I also love the details that went into it example: You cannot touch Pikachu's cheeks, Slugma etc.

Question: Can I interact with passerby's Pokemon or do they just show up play with one another and leave? Also, my Pokemon does not interact with them.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Question: Can I interact with passerby's Pokemon or do they just show up play with one another and leave? Also, my Pokemon does not interact with them.
    No. The passerbys are just there to hang out, chat with each other a little and then leave you a present before they go (either a Pokepuff, or a decoration, I think it's decided at random). Your own Pokemon doesn't even seem to notice them (worst host ever!). Also, if you play the puzzle minigame (you know, the only minigame that sucks) a passerby Pokemon might suddenly appear in the picture, but it doesn't really do anything (apart from distracting you and making you lose the minigame).

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • No. The passerbys are just there to hang out, chat with each other a little and then leave you a present before they go (either a Pokepuff, or a decoration, I think it's decided at random). Your own Pokemon doesn't even seem to notice them (worst host ever!).
    I noticed that sometimes the presents that are left by Passersby is affected depending on the type of Pokemon that visited. In numerous occasions, I've had 3 bird Pokemon chatting and always left a Bird's Nest or Flag Bird Post. And another time I had 3 fire Pokemon visit and left a Campfire. Idk... this is something I've been noticing lately xD Could be coincidence... probably >o>

Years
  • No. The passerbys are just there to hang out, chat with each other a little and then leave you a present before they go (either a Pokepuff, or a decoration, I think it's decided at random). Your own Pokemon doesn't even seem to notice them (worst host ever!). Also, if you play the puzzle minigame (you know, the only minigame that sucks) a passerby Pokemon might suddenly appear in the picture, but it doesn't really do anything (apart from distracting you and making you lose the minigame).

Ah, I see. Would be cool if my Pokemon at least went over and said, Hi!..XD I love the little presents you get. I feel like this is a feature they have to implement in the other Pokemon games to come. It really helps with the immersion of taking care of your Pokemon.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I like Pokemon Amie! It's really cute! The extra benefits your Pokemon gain in battle with max affection is pretty cool too, like having a chance of getting rid of paralysis by itself. ^^ It just takes forever to get a Pokemon up to max affection. I always pet, play a minigame, feed, and repeat. But it still takes long. XD

Other than that, I like the feature! ^^

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    I've always wondered how a Joltik would look like in Pokemon Amie. A friend of mine sent one over and I decided to play with it.

It was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. (Barring Pikachu)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I never thought that Basculin could be adorable until I petted my shiny one in Pokemon-Amie. It was so cute when it twirled and I was so happy. I love the feature so much.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Not sure if I mentioned before - the only Pokemon (that I have so far played with) that made me the saddest was Zangoose. It never seems to smile unless it's getting petted, after petting it goes back to it's angry-like face.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I'm starting to enjoy Pokémon-Amie lately, and I was starting with my Pikachu, that I managed to max its affection. And petting Xerneas on its feet is doing good as well, even though it seems that Xerneas not quite like having the horn on its head petted. I enjoyed this feature in overall, because it brings interesting results in Pokémon battle as well.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Not sure if I mentioned before - the only Pokemon (that I have so far played with) that made me the saddest was Zangoose. It never seems to smile unless it's getting petted, after petting it goes back to it's angry-like face.
    I haven't played with Zangoose in Amie, yet. The Eevee line has been getting most my love, but now I really want to pet my baby Zangoose and see if it smiles for me.
    It's always a little sad with Pokemon that don't seem to smile, under normal circumstances- like Espurr, and it's the cutest thing in the world if you get them to show a bit of emotion in Amie. Hopefully that feature will carry on into future Gen games.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I haven't played with Zangoose in Amie, yet. The Eevee line has been getting most my love, but now I really want to pet my baby Zangoose and see if it smiles for me.
    It's always a little sad with Pokemon that don't seem to smile, under normal circumstances- like Espurr, and it's the cutest thing in the world if you get them to show a bit of emotion in Amie. Hopefully that feature will carry on into future Gen games.

Yes, it smiles when you pet Zangoose - after that it almost never does. Espurr is one of my favorite Pokemon on Amie, it's expressions can be a bit strange at first, found it cute after a while - it's currently Furret who gets the most love in my Amie.
    I played with one and uploaded my playing time with Zangoose on YouTube

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • My girlfriend and I love to play with Pikachu in the Pokemon-Aime game. It has the cutest responses and the voice-over is great.

I've noticed that it's easier to speed up the process by having only 3 Pokemon in your party, and playing the yarn bounce game exclusively. This will max your entertainment value on the other two Pokemon without having to feed them. You swap out the active Pokemon after feeding it, so you can max its entertainment too. I got my Sylveon rather quickly that way (of course I ended up trading her for something I needed on the GTS). I plan to use this method after I hatch a shiny Eevee, so I can replace my Sylveon :)

Back