• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon AncientEmerald

A devamp of Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Let's see...I have a few reasons this isn't a Crystal hack. Mainly because Coolboyman told me before that the compression is much harder to work with. I also just feel more comfortable with Gold/Silver.
    Silver is definitely a better choice than Crystal in this case (much as I love Crystal). I haven't compared the compression between them—though I would be surprised if they differ—but Crystal has less free space as well as more unused data that is difficult to decipher. Pokémon animations are also a pain to deal with, although they can be edited. Of course, your comfort level is the most important factor.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I thought KageX was doing trainer sprites. It seems the hero and heroine sprites are complete along with birch's sprite. Why was I asked to do those? o.0
    Oyea- the pokemon sprites will be a little different, some of them will r/s/e devamps, others will be d/p/pt devamps (NOT d/p/pt exclusive pkmn, just r/s/e sprites from d/p/pt) and not just pallette changes but actual change in style to make the sprites look 2nd gen bringing back some good ol nostalgia ;]

Gratz on the Award too man ^^

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Darn, I don't have the titlescreen completely finished, so I won't be able to show you it today. I may possibly be able to release the picture later tonight, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Hey no prob :) We can wait.
    As for me I'm glad that that's last thing what has to be done :)
    I actually meant release the picture of the new titlescreen, not the hack itself. Anyway, I have an explanation. I've been very busy with my new job, so I really haven't had time to do much hacking. However, I'm now going to have a 10-day vacation, starting today, so I'm going to have a lot more free time to hack. Will the demo be released in 10-days? Possibly, it just depends how things go. Don't 'expect' me to release a demo during this vacation, but I might.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I actually meant release the picture of the new titlescreen, not the hack itself. Anyway, I have an explanation. I've been very busy with my new job, so I really haven't had time to do much hacking. However, I'm now going to have a 10-day vacation, starting today, so I'm going to have a lot more free time to hack. Will the demo be released in 10-days? Possibly, it just depends how things go. Don't 'expect' me to release a demo during this vacation, but I might.
    Oh I see... I hope ya release it :) And I understand that job is very exacting on free time

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • This is a very good hack, looking forward to it!

Infact I love your hack so much... i made you a banner :)
    Pokemon AncientEmerald

Keep Hacking! :D

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • This is a very good hack, looking forward to it!

Infact I love your hack so much... i made you a banner :)
    Pokemon AncientEmerald

Keep Hacking! :D
    Thanks for the banner, I'll add it to the first post in a bit. Also, time for some more information about my hack:

This hack will not be a 100% demake. In fact, many more features and events will be added in. Even in the Demo, there will be several easter eggs, and a handful of new events that you will be able to easily spot. There are some things that will be in the Demo that many of you will not be able to find without my help. Here are some examples of things I will be adding in:
    Route gates (To help reduce the time it takes to make this hack, map connections are a pain)
    Timed events (Yes, weekday events, and events that take place at only certain times)
    Sinnoh Pokemon (You will be able to obtain two to three in Hoenn. They will NOT be wild Pokemon)
    Those are just a few of the examples that will even be in the Demo. I hope you look forward to it.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • So there's a chance on IV gen pokemon? :surprised:
    That's amazing! :)
    No, there WILL be some Generation IV Pokemon inserted. There are 50 open slots, but some will be some Kanto and Johto Pokemon that will be included.

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Wow this hack looks amazing. I can't wait to play this. Also, I didnt see this in the FAQ but, is there going to be new music inserted or normal GSC music?

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Emerald remix music would be so awesome-i wanna know too :o

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Wow this hack looks amazing. I can't wait to play this. Also, I didnt see this in the FAQ but, is there going to be new music inserted or normal GSC music?
    If I get anyone to get me the notes and tracks for Ruby, I can insert them. Maybe not in the Demo, but I'll probably also have some music from Pokemon Red ported over.
    Bloodmoon said:
    Are you gonna have secret bases? It seems hard to place those in Silver.
    Possibly. I think I have that in the FAQ.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back