• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokemon AncientEmerald

A devamp of Emerald, Ruby, or Sapphire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    well i have find a page where there is all the music of the game in midi, but it didnt allow me to put url, if the game use midis i'll PM the link to u

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • well i have find a page where there is all the music of the game in midi, but it didnt allow me to put url, if the game use midis i'll PM the link to u
    Sorry, inserting music into GSC doesn't involve using .midis at all. In fact, you have to use hexadecimal coding for each track. It takes quite a long time to do it.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • As for now, no. This hack is getting closer to completion....a demo will be released rather soon....

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Haha this looks awesome Melash. Nostalgic g/s/c tiles combined with the fun of hoenn is bound to equal fun. I hope you continue working on this in the future. Good luck.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • Haha this looks awesome Melash. Nostalgic g/s/c tiles combined with the fun of hoenn is bound to equal fun. I hope you continue working on this in the future. Good luck.

Thanks, glad to see more supporters. New screenshots of the devamped Emerald graphics will be coming soon.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
  • I honestly never saw a reason to play a game based off of a 2nd generation when we have a 3rd generation game we can base it off. I don't know, that's just me. :P

Kyo Wolf

HG/SS Kanto Lover
    Years
  • As for now, no. This hack is getting closer to completion....a demo will be released rather soon....
    I can't wait until it comes out! Which by the way, in the demo will you already have the evolutions of the starter Pokemon inserted? I know its only until the rival battle, but I'd like to know if there is, that way I can overtrain to see em.

Lyu

Back in action
    Years
  • Heyja!
    Great idea and nice screenshots!
    But.. be carefull with emerald.. bad things can happen while hacking emerald..

Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    mmmm this of the hexagesimal or wherever is its name sounds too bored, but it will be the greatest hack of the year (i hope xD)
    keep going the good work

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Heyja!
    Great idea and nice screenshots!
    But.. be carefull with emerald.. bad things can happen while hacking emerald..

Good luck!
    He's actually hacking Silver to be a devamped Emerald.

Anyway, I've been keeping tabs on this hack, it being one of the few GSC hacks I've seen lately, and I've got high hopes for it. I can't wait to try out the demo when it comes out. Keep goin' strong, Melash. (And I'll be looking into that other GSC hack of yours, the RBY 2nd gen remake, I think it was? XD)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • He's actually hacking Silver to be a devamped Emerald.

Anyway, I've been keeping tabs on this hack, it being one of the few GSC hacks I've seen lately, and I've got high hopes for it. I can't wait to try out the demo when it comes out. Keep goin' strong, Melash. (And I'll be looking into that other GSC hack of yours, the RBY 2nd gen remake, I think it was? XD)
    Well, that's going to be under the covers right now. I'm now inserting the Emerald tiles, but it'll take a while to get the correct palletes in.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    OK, Melash I am back from "hiatus."
    If you need any media help, ask me.
    On the game note, it has seemed to have made lots of progress, looking forward to the demo.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • does two pokemon really make that big a difference?
    I'd imagine he replaced either kanto or jhotton pokes with hoenn pokes
    correct me if i'm wrong but does g/s/c not also have the 25 extra pokemon
    slots?

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • does two pokemon really make that big a difference?
    I'd imagine he replaced either kanto or jhotton pokes with hoenn pokes
    correct me if i'm wrong but does g/s/c not also have the 25 extra pokemon
    slots?
    Sorry, you can only have room to insert 3 more Pokemon without some major ASM hacking and whatnot.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
  • *Bump*

All right, I've completely finished up Emerald's outdoor tileset. If enough people post wanting to see it, I'll release updated screenshots of outside Littleroot Town, and possibly more. I think the graphics do appear better than the devamped Ruby tiles.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    *Bump*

All right, I've completely finished up Emerald's outdoor tileset. If enough people post wanting to see it, I'll release updated screenshots of outside Littleroot Town, and possibly more. I think the graphics do appear better than the devamped Ruby tiles.

I would love to see that. I find this devamp very interesting. Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2010
    mmm yeah, i post to see the new screenshots of the game, (i can wait to catch an absol or a salamence, but it will be after xDDDD)
    hahahahahaha
    mmmm
    its funny that while nintendo is making a gsc game with dppt graphics, u are doing the rse with grafics of gsc xDD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back