• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and... Google Maps?!

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
  • Have caught all 150 already. Last 40 with the help of this list, which is now also complete.
    I'm a bit sad that there's no 'reward' when you've caught them all. Oh well..

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • Well ♥♥♥♥. Now I wish I would have bought a smart phone like the rest of the cool kids.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • I've found 35 so far but haven't been looking for long so far.
    Searching for Googleplex (as shown in a screenshot on the link in the OP) will provide a few for you as well. I think they're mainly based around places of interest throughout the world.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • We already have a thread for this in Pokémon General, and that's probably a better place for this seeing this particular AF joke is Pokémon themed. I'll just merge this with that thread there.

(maybe I should have gone with that cheapo smartphone dangit missing out ;_; )

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
    Years
  • as lacobus said, if there ain't any reward for catching all 150 Pokemons, then this ain't worth Wasting time. I mean I'm glad that google choosed Pokemon as their new Feature (or whatever) but there have to be rewards. though its still Good for time-pass specially if you're bored.

Sorry for any Mistakes, don't take it seriously 'cause I didn't intend to hurt anyone. ;)

Last edited:

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • Ohhh this is great. Just too great. I've caught 49 Pokemon so far. I found a Pikachu atop Tokyo Tower, and a Charizard at Old Faithful, a Meowstic at One Infinite Loop (Apple HQ), and a Marill smack dab in the middle of Crater Lake.

Also other Pokemon at Big Ben, Oxford University, The Kremlin, Eiffel Tower, Mt. Everest, Disneyland, The Space Needle, Niagara Falls, The Burj Dubai, The Giza Pyramids, and several other places...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I just got 150! I had to look up the last 6 but a few of them I would neeeever have found on my own so I'm not bothered.

I've started to hear rumours that once you get all of them, Mew will show up at a random location, but I thinking that's probably a Mew-under-the-truck all over again. :P

kounoupia

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Sorry wrong section

Unfortunately I can't delete it. Please if a moderator sees it, delete it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This is pretty cool, I have around 59 so far.

I remember thinking a more in depth version of this would be cool. Like if you could use Google earth and street maps to encounter pokemon and every country in the world could have it's own regional pokemon/pokedex.

If you want some Ireland directions...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Haven't you read?

This is the DIGIMON General forum.

Get out of here with your Pokemon.

ontopic: is google breaking any copyrights even though this is fake???

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Nice april fools from google

Am i the only one thinking this

Google glass + Pokemon + Augmented reality = ♥♥♥♥ing awesome

Google make it happen

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I just got 150! I had to look up the last 6 but a few of them I would neeeever have found on my own so I'm not bothered.

I've started to hear rumours that once you get all of them, Mew will show up at a random location, but I thinking that's probably a Mew-under-the-truck all over again. :P

Hope that's more than a rumor. That'd be a pretty cool reward.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • OH I just found another Pokemon Lab in Sydney, Australia! I wonder where the others are. Also, I now have 64 Pokemon in my arsenal. :3

Years
  • Unfortunately I can't delete it. Please if a moderator sees it, delete it.

Sorry, I got to this just after you edited your post, but I merged it with our other thread discussing this in Pokemon Digimon General.

And as for Google, the only joke that I see is that I can't download the Google Maps update. Which is a shame, as this could potentially be one of my favorite April Fools Day pranks of all-time. Maybe I'll try the update again later today, since I'd really like to give this a shot.

MERGED.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • I caught them all.. No Mew or anything else either.

Spoiler:

also caught Mew :)

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Any chance you could put those under a spoiler tag? Kinda hard to scroll past 'em otherwise...

I've been searching for Mew for hours now to no avail, sob.

edit:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back