• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and your Parents...?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    My parents don't really care. XD As long as it doesn't get in the way of my school work, it's perfectly fine whatever game I play. They're unwilling to buy me games or anything unless it's a present or something like that. I usually have to buy my own games. I bought Black and White on my own, and I also bought RSE on my own. They know I play Pokemon, but they just don't really say anything about it. XD;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My mom doesn't mind, my dad on the other hand thinks it's childish and that I need to grow out of it. The rest of my family doesn't know, but if they did, I'm pretty sure I'd be the laughing stock of my family :/ I'm the only one in my family who even watches anime or cartoons in general.

Ruhn

Breeder
    Years
    Well. Speak of which... my father hates games related to computer, consoles or hendhelds... he not even knows that i bought an ndsi xl (well i couldn't afford the 3ds T.T). when my mum first saw the hendheld and the pokemon game she said: isn't that pokémon? how old are u? aren't u too old for a children's game? i just answered: well, gess i'm just five years than if u say that. i don't have a problem with it :P.
    my brother just said i waste my money for stupid things... i also contered with: well it's my money and i'm buying what i like.
    but nevertheless. my friends are ok with it. wether if it's a children's game or not, they don't care just saying: if i like it i should play it. about the fact it's a children's game. i'm not sure about it really. cause pokemon now has it's 5th generation running and ppl who played the first games may also played the following ones *gg*.

ps: just a funny story in the end. i managed to get an game boy color and the pokemon gold version (my first pokemon game >.<) cause i told my unlce to by it for my as a birthday present. my father was really upset about it and angry with everyone. it was ok with my mother but well... that's how it works out. and one's for sure. the games are fun and with the 5th generation they managed to inlcude a good story too which follows the manga's concept :). honestly: i just like it (wether if i'm too old or not, i don't care XD).

Years
    Playing Pokemon has been one thing that kept me and my siblings so close. My parents never really cared, and sort of supported anything I ever did really. I'm sure they got tired of buying Pokemon cards when I was a kid though.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Haha, no-one's known that I ever play Pokémon since I was like, 10. x) I prefer to just keep it quiet.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    My parents...do not really care. They know I love Pokemon, and while they'll crack jokes every now and then, they aren't serious about it. Heck, my mom's even done a couple of Pokemon stuff with me, and both her and my stepdad have favorite Pokemon. My dad also stood watching the anime with me and even recorded it on separate tapes back when it was on WB.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    My mum used to play pokemon for me. (seriously, not lying) I still remember that time when my hands were very tired trying to catch a Zaptos. My mum asked me what I was doing and I told her I am trying to catch this Pokemon. She helped me while I went to eat. And when I went back, she caught it! Unfortunately, she does not help me now.

Zaspien

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    My parents know I'm into various aspects of Pokemon but they don't mind at all. As long as I play, watch and read it with moderation they don't mind. When I was younger, they took the game from me sometimes because all I did was play it but now that I'm older, they don't even monitor me because I don't play it in the amounts I used to.

I hope I'm making sense here. XD

Back