• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon and your parents

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    What do your parents think of you liking Pokemon?

When it first came out, they were fine with it, as they thought it would be natural for me to get into a 'fad' as they called it. But now they've only still realised that I still like Pokemon 5 years later, and ar teasing me about it XD My mum tried to be helpful by getting me a plushie of Pikachu from a charity shop... -_-

But still... what are your experiences with parents and Pokemon ^_^

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    They don't really mind (and I'm fostered) but they do think it's childish, but they don't touch my Pkmn stuff and I hide my adult stuff under it, muhahahaha

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_O They don't really care. I'm still into a lot of "childish" things so I think they've come to accept the fact that I'm just not gonna grow up. xD

Back when it first started I think they were annoyed though... I'd ask them to buy me everything Pokemon-related. :D

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
    At the start they didn't mind, in fact mom thought they were super cute, well most anyway. But then if some of you recall there was a rather nasty rumor of Pok?mon being satanic and she just "worried" seeing as how I am *rolls eyes*. Meh, she didn't say anything about it, she knows I still like 'em. She even bought me a Pikachu plushie ^_^

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    my parents think i should grow up, but i say poohie on them, its not that they dont like pokemon they just think im too old for it and that everyone who likes it is like under the age of 8, but im still going to like it for many years to come

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Yeah,my parents think its kinda childish and call it "pokeman" to annoy me xD

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
    My parents could really care less. XD; Well, thats what I assume. David and I are capable to talk freely about PC and the show around them, and they dont say anything about it. =x So I'm guessing they dont care.

~Karli

dumbthingy

General Protection Fault
    Years
    Whee, nobody at home cares. But anyway I don't have money to afford Pok?mon stuff, and I'm saving up for some projects.

btw I'm hiding my adult stuff somewhere, as long as nobody sees that it is adult stuff, it doesn't matter really...

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    At first.They used it to make me increase my grades but now they dont care much.As long as I dont fail school theyre okay with it.

Last edited:

Shuko

Atena, WIN!
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    THAT'S WHAT MY PARENTS CALL IT! XD But seriously, it's like they can't pronounce it right or something :P

My parents call it "Pokey-Man" Like that, just to annoy me. XP They're pretty cool about it, tho. My dad thinks anime in general is the Devil, simply because I [used to] spend all my spare money on it. I'm a little more reserved now, but the Pokemon games still cause them to "poke" fun at me, if you catch the pun. *Rolls eyes*

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Well, I've loved Pokemon since it came out when I was in second grade. ^^; Now seven years later I still adore it. ^o^ My parents know I'm a Pokemon fanatic and really think nothing of it. XD My dad doesn't even know I don't think. XD

My mom is fine with it, naturally. ^.~ She does tease me about it sometimes. XD

The one thing that bugs me is my parents call it "Pokemans" o.O They pronounce it like "Poe-kee-mans". XD XD

~Kelsey

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    My dad doesn't mind that I like Pokemon, but he doesn't know how much I like it; my mom does though. XD My mom thinks it's fine that I like Pokemon, but she thinks I go on too many Pokemon websites.

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    Actually, 1 minute before this post My dad and brother leave my room (looked at something out my window) and asked how the "Pokecommunity" (w/o accent, but okay) was. I don't think me minds. Mom think she succeeded in taking me off Pok?mon, but that's because she hasn't seen me doing much with it lately.

The only person who pronounces it "Pokeman" to annoy me is one of my friends at school. And to think I help him a lot in our computer class...

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    lol,I guess im not the only one who's parents call it that. it gets annoying after a while though xD

Back