• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Anime Movie Nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

• cloN8HE.png

GT 2013 Pokemon Anime Movie Nights!

Well guys, it's that time of the year again! Well, time for the annual get together obviously, but also time to watch some of your favourite Pokemon movies with your fellow PC members! Time to earn emblems by doing nothing but sitting on your bum, chowing down popcorn and watching some movies! Welcome to the PokéCommunity Get-Together 2013's Anime Movie Nights, hosted by Olli97 and [supporter]ZachLMedia[/supporter]! During the next few days we'll be taking you on a visual journey through the several generations of Pokemon, showing you the war between between the clone Pokemon and the regular Pokemon, with the epic showdown between Mew and Mewtwo in the center of it all. We'll be travelling through time with Celebi and be learning of the olden days with Lucario and sir Aaron, and we'll be watching Giratina's struggle to once again be allowed outside of the Distortion World. So make sure to bring some kleenex y'all, because you'll be crying at one point or another, whether it's because of the sheer emotions that these movies manage to bring out, or simply because Ash survived yet another movie. Either way, we hope you'll enjoy the next few days, and please, DO NOT forget the popcorn ;)

Rules

- Please do not spam the chat, as it does cause the stream to lag for everyone and it's annoying. Spammers will be warned once and then kicked from the stream.
    - The chat log is clearable, and we will be doing so every so often to reduce lag.
    - Any trolls/drama starters will be kicked.
    - Please keep profanity to a minimum!
    - Please don't stray too far away from discussion on the movies. Talking about the anime and Pokemon in general, but we kinda want the main attention on the movies, rather than something completely off-topic :)
    - Don't forget to have fun! ^^​

How and when?

Notice: It's a very good idea to get on the stream a bit before the scheduled streaming time. Some ads can take forever to stream completely due to possible hiccups in the network. Also close any other open programs for optimal performance and feel free to point out if the stream/audio is lagging; it may not just be you!

Click here to enter the live stream channel for Movie Nights!

Within a day, all streaming sessions will show the same movie, in an attempt to make sure everyone has a chance of watching the movies. We'll be streaming during the entire duration of the event: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday, with each of the selected movies being shown each day in chronological order.

The stream times will be as follows:

EDT (GMT-4): 6am, 2pm and 8pm.
    UTC (GMT±0): 10am, 6pm and 12am.
    AEST (GMT+10): 8pm, 4am and 10 am.

It's recommended that you convert to your timezones beforehand, just to be on the safe side, since you also need to take things like DST into account. A link has been provided in each of the names of the timezones above, so simply click whichever one you'd like to use to convert to, and you'll be redirected to a page showing the current time in whichever timezone you chose. In any case, streams will usually be announced up to an hour before the start of the stream, so if you're not sure if you've converted the times right, just pay attention to this thread :)

But what about the movies?

Chosen from your very own suggestions! Since there were quite a few ties, some of these were kind of a personal pick of which movies we preferred, but they've all been picked from what you guys wanted! :)

Pokémon - The First Movie - Mewtwo Strikes Back - Friday

The adventure explodes into action with the debut of Mewtwo, a bio-engineered Pokémon created from the DNA of Mew, the rarest of all Pokémon. Determined to prove its superiority, Mewtwo lures Ash, Pikachu, and the others into a Pokémon match like none before. Mewtwo vs. Mew. Super-clones vs. Pokémon. It's the ultimate showdown... with the very future of the world at stake!

Pokémon 4Ever - Celebi: Voice of the Forest - Saturday

All your favorite Pokémon characters are back, and are joined for the first time by the legendary Pokémon Celebi and Suicune, in this latest exciting Pokémon adventure! In order to escape a greedy Pokémon hunter, Celebi must use the last of its energy to travel through time to the present day. Celebi brings along Sammy, a boy who had been trying to protect it. Along with Ash, Pikachu, and the rest of the gang, Sammy and Celebi encounter an enemy far more advanced than the hunter left behind in the past. This new enemy possesses a Pokéball called a "Dark Ball," which transforms the Pokémon it captures into evil and far stronger creatures. When Celebi is captured, the fate of the entire forest is threatened. Let Pokémon 4EVER transport you to a world of adventure as Ash, Suicune and the rest take action to save the day!

Pokemon Movie 13 - Zoroark - Master of Illusions - Wednesday

The Pokémon Baccer World Cup.
    It is the most anticipated event of the year and, as hundreds flock to Crown City to watch the exciting competition unfold, Ash and his friends encounter a mysterious new Pokémon they have never seen before.

But when the three Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei and Suicune suddenly arrive and begin rampaging through the streets, it's up to Ash and his companions, along with their new Pokémon friend Zorua, to uncover the secret behind the immense and powerful forces at work.

What strange and dangerous powers are afoot in Crown City? Why did Celebi suddenly return after vanishing for twenty years? And why is the mighty Zoroark unleashing its fury upon the town? The quest for these answers leads down an uncertain path filled with peril--can Ash and his companions find enough courage, strength and friendship to unearth the mystery in time to save Crown City?

Giratina and the Sky Warrior - Monday

Ash and his friends meet up with a feisty Pokémon named Shaymin. While attempting to reunite with its friends, Shaymin stumbles upon a titanic battle between Giratina and Dialga. Giratina is the sole defender of the Reverse World, and it does not suffer intruders lightly! Add to the mix of a helpful researcher, a dangerous villain, and a plan to rule the world, and you have the makings of Pokémon epic! How will Ash and his friends get out of this predicament? Will the proud and stubborn Shaymin ever make it back to its friends in time?

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - Sunday

Ash, Brock, Max, and May journey to Cameron Palace for a tournament that celebrates the valor of Prince Aaron, who saved the realm from destruction 1,000 years ago. Ash and Pikachu win, but the mischievous Mew kidnaps Pikachu, whom he's befriended. Prince Aaron's Pokémon companion Lucario awakens from the victor's staff to lead Ash and the gang to the Tree of Beginning, a mountain that is also a living entity. Ash risks his life to rescue Pikachu, proving the depth of their friendship to Lucario.

Emblems?

Gotta catch 'em all!
    CWXN63E.png

You managed to catch every movie shown at PC's Get-together 2013 Anime Movie Nights!
    ???
    Zi0rf.png

Secret emblem!
    There's no Shaymin...
    k2Mt9Lt.png

...not seeing every movie, but at least you were able to see one movie at PC's Get-together 2013 Anime Movie Nights!

Notice: Each movie's synopsis are taken directly from each movie's back covers. I am not the original author of these synopsis, and I hereby disclaim that.​

Last edited:

Olli

Years
  • Sorry for double posting, but with PC being down for the past few hours, people haven't really had a chance to even get to post in here yet, and the first stream starts in less than an hour already!

So yeah, the first livestreaming of the Mewtwo movie will begin in about 40 minutes. Since there's been so little notice, I might stream this one again Tuesday at the same time, since I reckon quite a few people will be missing this stream. But yeah, if you weren't able to make it to any of the livestreamings of this movie, feel free to make a post about it in here, so we'll be able to get another livestream up for the people who missed it :)

Click here to enter the livestream!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    EXCITED FOR THIS YAY <3

Will there be extra content before the stream? :D

Olli

Years
  • Eh, I haven't really thought of anything specific. This stream is most likely just gonna be the movie + the Pikachu short, but for the more populated streams, I might show something afterwards if people want :p

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • The Stream is awesome, very good quality!
    So excited to watch the very first movie again :D
    Quick question: How do you know if someone has watched all/a few movies?

Olli

Years
  • I list everyone whom I notice joins the stream, as long as they use their actual username (which is preferred :)) or if I know who they are, so yeah, it's perfectly fine :) As long as people don't join roght at the end, they'll most likely be added to the list.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Thanks a lot for the info and for organizing all this!
    It's a blast so far, looking forward to the other movies :D

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Giratina and The Sky Warrior is the only Pokemon movie I haven't seen yet, (obviously excluding M16 since it's not out yet lol.) so I must try to make it to a streaming of it. Looks like I missed the first stream of the first movie, but there's two more times so no biggie.I love Voice of the Forest and haven't seen it in ages so I really want to see that one too. I hope this is as fun as it was last year. :)

srinator

that was fun :] good job to the even organizers :) nice quality too

Years
  • This was awsome! :D
    Im new here and i think its really good that you do stuff like this!
    Have to watch the celebi movie, never seen it.
    But it was really fun and nostalgic :D

Ace.

Love Yourself
    Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2015
    The mewtwo movie was so awesome <3. Looking forward to watching the rest :D

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • It was fun to watch "Mewtwo Strikes Back" again. I used to nag about this movie to my parents all the time when I was young. Good memories.
    The streaming was perfect also. :)

Olli

Years
  • Well, that stream turned out to be a bit more successful than I'd expected :p (thank god for Ozzy!). Can't really say I get a nostalgic feeling from watching this movie anymore, since I've seen it so many times during my life, and at least once a year over the past few years, but it's still as good as ever :p I must say, I really prefer the music used in this movie over any other movie, simply because the alternate version of the Pokemon theme as well as the Blessid Union of Souls music are just awesome.

Anyways, hope you had fun, and hope to see y'all again at the streaming of the Celebi movie tomorrow :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Awesome movie was awesome. My favourite part was Girls Aloud. Great job guys, can't wait for the next stream. :D

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

missed the last 15 mins to have dinner.... Once again, i failed to watch the full movie ;_;

But, <333 Mew, that movie made my day.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I'm going to try really hard to catch all the movies this year!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back