• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Anime...Start To Finish

Years
  • Okay so I'm not the biggest fan of the anime and think the first series was probably the best, but, let's see if I can change the way I feel and watch Pokemon from start to finish.

Okay, watched the first episode, have to say...very enjoyable.

I love Ash and Pikachu's arguing and electrifying consequences! Pikachu laughing on the tree was awesome! I think they really bonded well at the end and you can tell a special bond has been started.

4/5

Jason1911

What Should I Write Here?
    Years
  • I want to see all the early episodes but i can't find them anywhere. I know there's season one on Amazon but no other ones.
    Does anybody know where i can buy them or if they are coming out on DVD?

Years
  • Dont know where to buy them, but watching them all online -------------------

I also loved the original series, I kinda lost interest a little bit into the series where May and Max first joined, and have only recently started watching the new episodes, and they cant beat the old series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I want to see all the early episodes but i can't find them anywhere. I know there's season one on Amazon but no other ones.
    Does anybody know where i can buy them or if they are coming out on DVD?

Box sets of Indigo League, Orange Islands, Master Quest, Advanced, Battle Frontier and Diamond&Pearl are out, the rest aren't released, from what I remember. Only random volumes.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • *cough*megavideo*cough*

but that is illegal and naughty so you shouldn't do it >:

anyway, I actually did this when I was first getting back into the Pokemon fandom...probably just over a year ago. It took a long time, but I watched every single episode :D

And I now hate johto with a passion.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Kanto and jhoto seasons ruled then it kinda slipped.
    I have a load of chronicles dvd boxsets, I got them off Ebay is that helps.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • *cough*megavideo*cough*

but that is illegal and naughty so you shouldn't do it >:

anyway, I actually did this when I was first getting back into the Pokemon fandom...probably just over a year ago. It took a long time, but I watched every single episode :D

And I now hate johto with a passion.

You watched all 500 episodes? How was it? I've been thinking about doing it..

Years
  • Ash Catches A Pokemon was brilliant, great with the sub-plot of Misty having to overcome her fear of Bug Pokemon and Caterpie looked really cute, great that it evolved into a Metapod. It was however a little unbelievable that Caterpie could beat Koffin and Ekans. And why does Ash always get the one-of-a-kind Pokemon? First a very weird Pikachu that doesn't evolve and doesn't behave normal...and now a Caterpie that evolved quicker than it's variety normally does. 4/5

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Ash Catches A Pokemon was brilliant, great with the sub-plot of Misty having to overcome her fear of Bug Pokemon and Caterpie looked really cute, great that it evolved into a Metapod. It was however a little unbelievable that Caterpie could beat Koffin and Ekans. And why does Ash always get the one-of-a-kind Pokemon? First a very weird Pikachu that doesn't evolve and doesn't behave normal...and now a Caterpie that evolved quicker than it's variety normally does. 4/5

Well, if we use the game levels then think about it this way: Ash gets lucky and catches Caterpie that's already level 5. When TR attacks with EKans and Koffing at levels 6-8, Caterpie gets a shizz load of experience for defeating them, taking it to level 7 and evolution. The quick evolution to Butterfree could be due to the fight with Samurai's pinsir, if that was a high level.

You watched all 500 episodes? How was it? I've been thinking about doing it..

Well, I only found time for 2-4 episodes a day, depending. It ended up taking several months, but it adds a sense of completeness to the experience :D

Last edited:

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
  • Well, if we use the game levels then think about it this way: Ash gets lucky and catches Caterpie that's already level 5. When TR attacks with EKans and Koffing at levels 6-8, Caterpie gets a shizz load of experience for defeating them, taking it to level 7 and evolution. The quick evolution to Butterfree could be due to the fight with Samurai's pinsir, if that was a high level.

Well, I only found time for 2-4 episodes a day, depending. It ended up taking several months, but it adds a sense of completeness to the experience :D

Right on man. Because of you I've decided to do the same thing and fill in an episode or two a night! It's definitely really cool to look all the way back to the beginning.

Years
  • Seen Episode Five and Six before, they are okay. 3/5

The Water Flowers of Cerulean City was pretty funny, though unrealistic and containing flaws. Like Team Rocket survivng the crash, Brock never explaining what stuff he was doing etc. 4/5

The Path to the Pokemon League was very good, top-notch Pokemon episode! AJ was a very good trainer even though he had very harsh and tough ways of showing his love for Pokemon training. I'm getting annoyed with Team Rocket, just leave until you get a good enough evil plot. 4/5

Right on man. Because of you I've decided to do the same thing and fill in an episode or two a night! It's definitely really cool to look all the way back to the beginning.

Be sure to make a thread so you can tell us what you think about what you've been watching! :)

The School of Hard Knocks was awesome! Though Team Rocket for a brief appearance that wasn't entirely needed? Waste of time! 4/5

Looking forward to the next three episodes which sees Ash get Bulbasaur, Charmander and then Squirtle.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Lucky me. I've watched every episode of the animé since it's not that difficult to watch one episode a week or 5 30-minute episodes a week when Cartoon Network first aquired the animé. You're really going to have a difficult time through Johto since it's has many fillers between thecanon episodes. Especially between Whitney and Olivine City.

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    im gonna do it too plan on watching s1 in two day then the gayest season ever starts

Back