• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Anime...Start To Finish

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    In TWO days? That's EIGHTY-ONE EPISODES.

That's 1620 minutes, or 27 hours. Sorry, but unless you go without eating, sleeping and doing anything else, that's impossible.

not really day one over and ive watched 1-42 over halfway through indigo 19-24 are wierd

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    I honestly believe that the beginning of the series, was a very well thought out, enjoyable anime. When newer games were released, it took a turn for the bad, and basically became less of an enjoyable series to watch, and morphed into a cash cow.

The beginning episodes had more feeling, more details into what a world with Pokemon is like. The Pokemon Centers, the mystery of how many Pokemon there were... Catching that first Pokemon, etc. Each episode had a unique plot, usually focusing on the Pokemon that was being featured.

Now, the series is basically, "OMG POKEYMANS -- OH LOOK THERE'S A NEW PORKEYMON FOR THEM NEW GAMES!!1111ONE -- OH LOOK, THEY'RE GETTING INTO HILARIOUS ANTICS -- OK, EVERYTHING IS RESOLVED."

Episodes like how Pikachu was almost near death, and Ash risked his life, simply for a mouse... How he encounters his traveling companions... The Pokemon he gets and how they grow and changed. The sideplot with Giovanni and Team Rocket. It wast truly plotted out, and written rather well.

I can honestly say, I stopped watching Pokemon entirely, simply because I wasn't very fond of 4kids, 'nor english translations of it PERIOD. But what happened to the original team rocket? Does it still exist? Ash and co. shouldn't be fooled by their disguises anymore. Does team rocket even have a point in capturing Pikachu anymore? Elements like the fact that their Boss, Giovanni, doesn't even care what those 3 fools do anymore.

I mean, the original anime was suppose to be a marketing tool, but Pokemon these days remind me of Power Rangers, and it's never ending series of "the universe is always in trouble constantly."

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Seen every episode i have the super wallets all the way up to the Home is Where the Start Is lol only because they have not relased any more super wallets yet but i have watched the rest of the show on cartoon network and youtube so ive seen it all i love pokemon

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    About a year and a half ago I started watching Pokemon again so I started from the very beginning and now I am currently up to date with the series :-) Here's my recap firstly, the Kanto series will always have a special place in my heard due to the fact it started it all. Kanto I believe also had the best Pokemon however I did want more of Ash's Pokemon to evolve for example Bulbasaur. Secondly, the orange islands. Well It was a great filler season and had a very enjoyable battle at the end. It was also good to see Ash using his skills with his Pokemon to win badges instead of them being handed to him lol. Thirdly, Johto well what can I really say about it. Well I can say this I absolutely hated it!!! For starters Team Rocket started getting very very annoying. Only one of Ash's Pokemon evolved and that Bayleaf still ended up weak lol. However there is one plus side which is that the silver conference was awesome, Ash used some of his Kanto Pokemon and the battle against Gary has been my favorite Pokemon battle ever since. Then there's Hoenn which I enjoyed as there was a new main female character the battles were great and more Pokemon evolved. Also the league was also fantastic aswell they just keep getting better. The battle Frontier was also great just because it mainly focused around battling lol. You also got to see some great battles but I won't spoil them just in case you have not seen the season yet. Then there's the sinnoh league and you know that something special is going to happen this season. Here are my reasons but before i go on don't read on if your not up to date with both Japanese episodes. Here it goes to start off Ash is finally properly training his Pokemon and most of them have now evolved not including Pikachu. Ash is also learning from his mistakes as well. Ash has also met most of the Sinnoh elite 4 members and also the sinnoh champion. Which suggests that Ash could actually win the league and face them, because why on earth would you give each elite 4 member/champion countless episodes if it will give serve the season no point. There is actually an evil organization that do evil stuff omg I know its amazing lol. And we finally have a great rival for Ash.

So really it is great that you are watching all of the Pokemon episodes and plus you get to say afterward that you have watch every single Pokemon episode up to date lol. And im really excited that this season might be the beginning of Ash's dreams of becoming a Pokemon Master because the signs are all there.

Years
    Charmander the Stray Pokemon was fantastic! The first ten minutes made me feel like crying from Charmander's sadness. I loved Team Rocket here, they actually made sense to the episode and I felt sorry for Charmander hearing all those hurtful words from Damien and was glad when he game to Ash to have a proper trainer. 5/5

Here Comes The Squirtle Squad was pretty good however I again didn't see a point in Team Rocket being in the episode and it was a lousy excuse for Squirtle joining Ash, though it's good he did. 3/5

Mystery at the Lighthouse was sort of weird. In the end it seemed a waste of time and Team Rocket were there to get some screen time again. 2/5

Electric Shock Showdown was really awesome. It was a weird way for an episode though, something we haven't see until then but to be honest it was the best use of 20 minutes. Loved Team Rocket cheering for Ash and Pikachu and it was great to see a good Gym battle, the first one I've ever seen that Ash has won, though I've only seen 3 Gym battles in order. Loved the choice with Ash and Pikachu to decide if it wanted to evolve and it explains in the TV Series why Ash's Pikachu never evolves. 5/5

Battle Aboard the St. Anne was really good, it taught Ash a lesson that he loves his Pokemon and won't want to ever trade them in a hurry. Also Team Rocket served a purpose in this so yeah pretty good filler. 4/5

Pokemon Shipwreck was alright, bit weird how Team Rocket floated to the surface after the St. Anne falling, besides you'd expect them to seriously hurt themself from banging their head or something. Also can't wait to see if they survive the Gyrados attack. 3/5

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    @Who's That Pokemon?: please don't double, tripple or quattro post. Use the "edit" button instead.

Apologies.

The Island of Giant Pokemon was a great filler, was really funny to see what the Pokemon were saying and I loved the fact Ash and co weren't the centre of attention for once and we got to see more of the Pokemon which I enjoyed. Pidegotto and Butterfree should have been there though as I would have enjoyed them two being there. 4/5

Beauty and the Beach was also a pretty good filler, liked seeing Professor Oak, Mom and Gary again. The only blooper is when Ash said go everyone where was Butterfree? 4/5

Tentacool and Tentacruel was a very good filler. I liked Misty actually showing she liked Water Pokemon for once. 4/5

Last edited:

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I so Want to get an ipod with a lot of memory and download all the episodes so I can watch them

Is there an ipod with that much memory?

It would probably take like 1 Zebibytes or something

ps one Zebibyte is more memory than all the words ever spoken in text form ore something

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Depends how high quality the episodes are. I think the dubbed episodes around are usually about 170mb. I have a 120gb iPod Classic, soo working it out roughly, you would be able to get 70 episodes on there. You could probably save them as a smaller file size so you would be able to get the whole of the first series on there, but I don't think you would want to keep that many on there at once, would you? XD I think there was an iPod with 160gb but I'm not sure they sell it anymore.

Years
    The Ghost of Maiden's Peak was a pretty good filler because it was just a "Ash-Brock-and-Misty-save-the-day-in-passing" type of episode XD. That Ghastly was also really powerful, Ash would do well with that! 4/5

Bye-Bye Butter was an awesome filler...I really didn't want Butterfree but understand he had to. I hope we see him again. 5/5

Abra and the Psychic Pokemon was a very strong story, very creepy with the little girl...Team Rocket were sort of needed but could have done with a better tie-in to the story. 4/5

Seen The Tower of Terror, Haunter versus Kadabra, Primeape Goes Bananas before as I have them 3 on video, the first 2 are 4/5 with the latter being 5/5 stuff XD.

Pokemon Scent-sation wasn't that good really...worse Gym battle so far. 2/5

Hypno's Naptime was a weird filler. Seemed pointless but it's a filler so yeah XD. Now I know where Misty got Psyduck from! 3/5

Pokemon Fashion Flash seemed all over the place and pointless just like the previous episode. At least I know how Brock got Vulpix from. 2/5

Last edited:

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Ive been watching em all 1-Last Episode im watching ash go against Sabrinas Kadabra - Ep 22

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    I watched all season 1 in like 3/4days or so witht he boxsets i bought and the film aswell. So thats all i need now is to buy season 2 boxset and watch that and the movie. Viz Media really needs to re-release Season 3/4 in a boxset.

Back