• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon anime ....

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2011
    Pokemon can learning more than 4 moves (of course in anime only)

I don't know , where to post , So I post it here.

Pokemon animation is running from many years , but games created some not real things in mind of fans. Due to games many fans think that pokemon can't learn more than four moves in animation. IT IS NOT TRUE.
    READ THIS BEFORE -> CHANGE "DOT" WITH "." and "OBLIC" WITH "/" for get url.

Here is prove - episode where Ash's kingler use more than four moves - total 8 MOVES !!! SEE MOVES USED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bulbapedia DOT bulbagarden DOT net "OBLIC"wiki "OBLIC"Ash%27s_Kingler

If you want to read it officially from bulbapedia here is the link SEE POINT NO. 4
    bulbapedia DOT bulbagarden DOT net"OBLIC"wiki"OBLIC"Differences_between_the_games_and_anime

I do not want to say that any1 doesn't know , but approx 40 % or more doesn't know this.I can't post url be4 15 posts , so any 1 can post , pls post url.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The anime doesn't really tend to follow the rules of the games all the much... For example ground type Pokemon are often able to be hit by electric type attacks in the anime and a few Pokemon in the anime use moves that they can never learn in-game. There are also several Pokemon that should've evolved by game standards but haven't in the anime and stuff like that. There's lots of inconsistencies between the two, so it's better to just think of them as two separate things ^^

I'm not sure what link you wanted added, but here's the link to Ash's Kingler's Bulbapedia entry...

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    As Alex said the anime dynamics don't really fall in line with the game per say. They may have been shown to use all these attacks but that doesn't mean that they are all used in the same match. Pikachu hasn't been shown to use Volt Tackle since he learned Electro Ball... So maybe there is something to that. I actually think a lot of fans know the the pokemon in anime can learn and utilize more then four moves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2011
    The anime doesn't really tend to follow the rules of the games all the much... For example ground type Pokemon are often able to be hit by electric type attacks in the anime and a few Pokemon in the anime use moves that they can never learn in-game. There are also several Pokemon that should've evolved by game standards but haven't in the anime and stuff like that. There's lots of inconsistencies between the two, so it's better to just think of them as two separate things ^^

I'm not sure what link you wanted added, but here's the link to Ash's Kingler's Bulbapedia entry...

I know that all b4 u posted and if u r talking about links than one is Ash's kingler and second is
    Diffr. between anime and games - bulbapedia.

I started thread to just talk about MORE THAN FOUR MOVES IN ANIME but if you are showing interest in other difference than you forgot many , some are.
    1. contests are different.
    2. In anime such moves as agility use as damage dealing moves.
    3. pokemon league
    4. and if you are talking about those moves that cannot be legally learn by
    pokemons they are called move errors in bulbapedia , however I did not found them errors.
    I can't post link , so try googling or bulbapeding with "Move errors in pokemon"

As Alex said the anime dynamics don't really fall in line with the game per say. They may have been shown to use all these attacks but that doesn't mean that they are all used in the same match. Pikachu hasn't been shown to use Volt Tackle since he learned Electro Ball... So maybe there is something to that. I actually think a lot of fans know the the pokemon in anime can learn and utilize more then four moves.

Read my link of ASH'S KINGLER !!!! How can you forget that episode ???? IN single episode named "Round one - begin" ash win with only using one of his pokemon
    and knocking out mandy , where his great crab pokemon used 8 moves.

Here is paragraph from bulbapedia , too.
    Pokémon can have more than four moves in the anime, and are not required to forget an old move in order to learn a new one (although some of the moves a Pokémon is shown using when first introduced will generally fall into disuse as the Pokémon learns more powerful moves as the series continues).

Last edited:
    Back