• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Aotearoa

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Hi, I'm making a hack called Pokemon Aotearoa. Basically, it's going to be a new game with new pokemon, new characters, new storyline, new items and a whole new region.
    The region is going to be shaped like the country New Zealand (where I used to live) but with new towns, cities and layout.
    I have some of the story worked out already (will write later in post) and already have most of the new pokemon which have been made for me by some of the guys and gals at the Cave Of Dragonflies forum.
    I'm using Kyledove's Sinnoh tiles but am having touble inserting them all into the game cause of the palettes and hopefully I'm also going to make some of my own using the same style so they fit in.

Story:
    It's your birthday and have just graduated from the YTA (Youth Trainer Academy) where you spent you're younger years learning everything you can about training and raising pokemon.
    As you have graduated you are presented with your Trainer Card which when presented at the YTA, allows you to recieve your starter pokemon from Master Vren (the headmaster of the academy).
    You can either choose Sotter, the water otter pokemon, Cankyl, the grass ankylosaurus or (un-named), the fire T-Rex pokemon.
    But Master Vren has a task for you, one of the Professors at the academy has gone missing when she was investigating some ruins. She was supposed to report her findings that morning but hasn't returned. So Master Vren wants you to go and see if Prof Fern is alright.
    The ruins are on Route 2 just passed (un-named town) and so you set off with your new pokemon.

You arrive at the ruins but you can't find Prof Fern. All you find is her bag containg her research notes. It seems she had found the entrance to an underground chamber said to contain a mysterious relic from the Old Kingdom.
    As you are reading the notes, a young girl approaches asking what you are doing. You explain your situation and she says she'll help you look for her.
    She tells you to go looking for the entance to the underground chamber in the east side of the ruins and she'll look in west side.
    You are searching around when she calls you over saying that she's found something. You go over and find her standing by a waterfall. She says she can see a faint light coming from behind it.
    She convinces you to jump through it with her and so you do.

On the other side of the waterfall you find yourself in a dimly lit cave. You carry on further in and eventually you emerge into a great chamber as big as a cathederal. You see Prof Fern lying on the floor near a stone pedestal. You wake her up and she can't remember anything.
    You investigate the stone pedistal and in the middle you find a pokeball which seems to be made of some weird substance which you don't know.
    You pick up the poke-ball and suddenly there's a flash of blinding light, enveloping you, the girl (un-named) and Prof Fern.
    And then blackness....................

That's the beginning of the story and if you haven't already realised I like ancient stuff, mysteries, ruins and stuff like that.

I am in urgent need of a Scripter and anyone who can help inserting the Sinnoh tiles into the game using Advanced Map.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I saw about Kyledoves tiles problem. In the ROM hacking Resources, there is a ROM base of these tiles, not all are done though. I should know. I made it. I wish you luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Thanks, I'll go have look . I still need a Scripter as I've tried before but I can't get any of my scripts to work.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Thanks, I'll go have look . I still need a Scripter as I've tried before but I can't get any of my scripts to work.

Well, if you can't get them to work, why can't you go ask in the scripter's help thread? It's not as hard to script as everyone else says.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    The story sounds interesting. Can't wait to see some screens.
    Good luck.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Vrai:Okay, I'll take a look but it's not so much the scripting part, I think I can do that fine, it's attaching the script to a overworld and making it work which it never seems to do. Like, I can write the script and I think I compile it right but when I test it in the game, it either comes up with nothing at all or an empty message box appears and then you can't move.
    I'll take a look in the help anyway, thanks.

Hiche:
    Thanks, I'll get some screens up when I've inserted all the sinnoh tiles, which is taking longer than I thought and either someone does the scripting or I sort out my scripting problem.

EDIT: Woo-Hoo, I managed to make a basic talking script work properly. For some reason I wrote the script, inserted it and then checked it using the open script button and found it was totally messed up and so I changed it back to what it was supposed to be and it worked. That was what has been happening before, I inserted the script but it got all messed up so now all I have to do is insert the script and then edit it once it's ingame. I'm going to try some more complicated scripts now.

EDIT:EDIT: Okay, no worries about needing a scripter, I took a few more tutorials and now I can all the basic stuff and am going to keep learning.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Vrai:Okay, I'll take a look but it's not so much the scripting part, I think I can do that fine, it's attaching the script to a overworld and making it work which it never seems to do. Like, I can write the script and I think I compile it right but when I test it in the game, it either comes up with nothing at all or an empty message box appears and then you can't move.

Hiche:
    Thanks, I'll get some screens up when I've inserted all the sinnoh tiles, which is taking longer than I thought and either someone does the scripting or I sort out my scripting problem.

EDIT: Woo-Hoo, I managed to make a basic talking script work properly. For some reason I wrote the script, inserted it and then checked it using the open script button and found it was totally messed up and so I changed it back to what it was supposed to be and it worked. That was what has been happening before, I inserted the script but it got all messed up so now all I have to do is insert the script and then edit it once it's ingame. I'm going to try some more complicated scripts now.

EDIT:EDIT: Okay, no worries about needing a scripter, I took a few more tutorials and now I can all the basic stuff and am going to keep learning.
    lol, you said woohoo.
    anyway, don't give up, and PM me if you have scripting questions, I am pretty adept.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Vrai:Okay, I'll take a look but it's not so much the scripting part, I think I can do that fine, it's attaching the script to a overworld and making it work which it never seems to do. Like, I can write the script and I think I compile it right but when I test it in the game, it either comes up with nothing at all or an empty message box appears and then you can't move.

Hiche:

That's great. :)

I can now officially say that you are better off than a lot of these people trying to make hacks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    machomuu:
    thanks, I'll do that.
    vrai:
    thanks, at the moment I'm working on applymovement scripts.

EDIT: Also just wanted to say that I'll post the starters when I have 15 posts. But you can see them in my pic album called Stuff. Personally I think Sotter looks the best and the fire starter needs a redo.

EDIT: Also I'll get some screenshots up once I insert the Kyledove tiles in and once I get 15 posts.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    I just wanted to ask if anyone has resized all the DP sprites and they are available for use because I'm going to have some DP pokemon in my game.
    Also concerning the Kyledove tiles I'm inserting into the rom, at the moment I have about eight buildings inserted fully with all windows and stuff into four palettes and all the trees and grass.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I just wanted to ask if anyone has resized all the DP sprites and they are available for use because I'm going to have some DP pokemon in my game.
    Also concerning the Kyledove tiles I'm inserting into the rom, at the moment I have about eight buildings inserted fully with all windows and stuff into four palettes and all the trees and grass.

Check ROM Hacking Resources. There are some DP sprites resized, I'm sure!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    Thanks, I'll take a look.

Hi, I was just wondering, I've inserted some of the buildings from Kyledove's tiles and could someone please tell me how to make new doors open with the proper animation as all I get is the Pokecentre door noise and the guy walks straight through the door. Any help?

Last edited:
    Back