• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Aqua Sapphire

How's the beta's difficulty? (I plan to buff up the Route 50 wild Pokemon)

• Perfect

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Way too hard

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Could be harder

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
    If you can remember what the bugs are, could you try to describe them to me? There's a good chance I already wiped them out, but I want to be completely sure my hack's as bug-free as it can get.

PeregrineFig

Years
    Progress is going excellently, and now that I have a load of free time, Beta 2.0 should be coming out soon. Because 1) The ROM was expanded to 32MB and 2) There's a large list of changes that might cause oddities, I'm going to release Beta 2 as a .APS patch instead of .IPS, and make it patch to a clean FireRed ROM again rather than Beta 1. Old save files will most likely cause oddities, so when Beta 2 comes out, you'll need to start over. I will disregard bugs/glitches/oddities found on an old save file.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    i have a suggestion.
    you should resize the murkrow sprite to make it smaller, because it's too big.
    first beta was great, so i can't wait 'til beta 2 ^^

PeregrineFig

Years
    The Murkrow sprite is changed now, as is every single other sprite. Thanks to Wichu and his Sprite Editor and Sprite Pack, I very easily replaced all 386 pokemon with their HGSS sprites.

Years
    I like the story. I like your New badge system. Headbut tree with berry this is something new and a very good Idea. Wishing you good luck.

PeregrineFig

Years
    I'm about to post a video of Game Corner stuff, it just takes a while for this video to upload to Youtube. (With sound it's 441 MB T.T) In a few (or a lot of) minutes this post will be edited with the link.

Last edited:

PeregrineFig

Years
    Of course it's not necessary, but I found it humorous :P There's not a massive amount of edgy jokes in my hack, just a couple.

PeregrineFig

Years
    Beta 2.0 will be coming out soon. Before I finish up Triad City, I need to write 6 scripts for other people I'm working with.

PeregrineFig

Years
    I really need a music inserter, as Sappy won't work on my computer. Please PM me if you're interested in filling this important role. You'll be credited both in-game and on this thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2013
    ..........huh...

I know its a bit rough, but god damn! make a new trainer sprite
    i mean, thats like one of the best things about Pokemon hacks.
    I dont know if it is impossible to do with FR/LG - no hard feelings...

PeregrineFig

Years
    First of all, I'm an awful spriter, I couldn't make a decent sprite to save my life, and I won't just replace the trainer OW unless I have the front and back sprites to go with it. Also, graphics are my lowest priority. I just don't see them as important, as I know I personally don't care what a game looks like as long as it's enjoyable.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    ..........huh...

I know its a bit rough, but god damn! make a new trainer sprite
    i mean, thats like one of the best things about Pokemon hacks.
    I dont know if it is impossible to do with FR/LG - no hard feelings...

So you know nothing about hacking and are telling someone how to make their hack better?

Things such as sprites and OW changes are not essential to the game and can easily be added in last minute.

PF is focusing on scripting and things which is the most essential part of making the game enjoyable.

PeregrineFig

Years
    Well, Beta 2.0 is almost done, I finished the Power Plant. Lars is really annoying, his first two Pokemon love paralysis and his third one can crush most Pokemon. I can't even beat him T.T But a skilled trainer will have no problem with him if they level their Pokemon more first ;) Once I put the finishing touches on the existing areas and make the entrance area to that tunnel, I'll be releasing a new beta.

EDIT: A new video is up, watch Aqua Admin Lars absolutely crush my feeble party!

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Well, Beta 2.0 is almost done, I finished the Power Plant. Lars is really annoying, his first two Pokemon love paralysis and his third one can crush most Pokemon. I can't even beat him T.T But a skilled trainer will have no problem with him if they level their Pokemon more first ;) Once I put the finishing touches on the existing areas and make the entrance area to that tunnel, I'll be releasing a new beta.

EDIT: A new video is up, watch Aqua Admin Lars absolutely crush my feeble party!

I love a challenge! He looks tough XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    This hack looks good, but there is two things that really are annoying me.

1) You've mixed FireRed/LeafGreen overworlds with Ruby/Sapphire overworlds. You shouldn't do this since the sprites are shown at different perspectives.
    2) The pallets in the second set of screenshots look to dark. It would be better if you lightened them up a bit.

PeregrineFig

Years
    This hack looks good, but there is two things that really are annoying me.

1) You've mixed FireRed/LeafGreen overworlds with Ruby/Sapphire overworlds. You shouldn't do this since the sprites are shown at different perspectives.
    2) The pallets in the second set of screenshots look to dark. It would be better if you lightened them up a bit.

I only put RSE OWs in because Team Aqua and Maxie are crucial to my hack's entire storyline. I can and probably should replace the old man one I'm using for Prof. Oak. I can't sprite to save my life, so I'm trying to find someone who can remake those OWs in FRLG style for me. As for the palettes, I personally like them, but I might modify them later :)

PeregrineFig

Years
    I wanted to let anyone who supported this know that while I'm not administering a death sentence, the project is going to go on hiatus. While my laptop was being repaired I modded my Wii and got my R4DS card in the mail, so I'm extremely occupied with 19 new DS games and SNES and GBA emulators on my Wii. I will eventually resume work on this project, but it may be a little while until that happens.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back