• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Arctic Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

♠εx

Working on my hack, busy also.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    ================
    Pokemon Arctic Blue!
    ================
    Created by ♠εx​

Pokemon Arctic Blue

Learn more about me and the hack.

Hello, my name is ♠εx, and this is my hack Pokemon Orchid Version. It was called Pokemon IcyBlue but I wanted a new name for it. Some of you probably don't remember this hack because I temporarely closed the thread for a break. But now it's back, and i'm not too good on introduction so lets get into the actual hack!

Pokemon Arctic Blue

The main data on the hack.

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed (U)
    Owner: ♠εx.
    Co-Owner: None.
    Theme: New Storyline/Little of Kanto.

Pokemon Arctic Blue

How this game starts.

It is your tenth birthday and you are just about to get your first Pokemon, you step outside and are greated by one of the villagers who gives you your first Pokemon: Eevee!

Team Flame are trying to melt all the snow and ice in the region of Keron, and you must stop them. But theres one problem, they have hold of a legendary fire Pokemon: Groudon! Groudon is currently under control and Team Flame are about to release his power of summoning land, could this be it?

Pokemon Arctic Blue

What makes this hack different.

~ New Storyline.
    ~ Icy Graphics.
    ~ New Ice Changed Palettes for Pokemon!
    ~ New Rivals.
    ~ Sidequests.
    ~ Secret Areas.
    ~ Catch Legendary Pokemon.
    ~ D/P Pokemon. (Beta5)​

Pokemon Arctic Blue

Have an in-game look from when it started, to now!

New Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Old Screenshots!
    Spoiler:

Pokemon Arctic Blue

People I want to thank.

Don Patch - Headbutt Tree.

Notify me if your name needs to be up here

Pokemon Arctic Blue

Spread the word about the hack.

Currently None..

Pokemon Arctic Blue

Not until Dorling City.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Neat hack!

An Icy Nature...

this is looking great so far... ^^

(second post..? YEAY!!!)

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    Im a sucker for Snow/Ice themes, So if this becomes good enough, it could be the best hack in my opinon ;)

Nevertheless, This hack looks promising! I will keep an eye on it. Good Luck!

djloi

Noob Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2017
    cool..but the starting pokemon i machop,poliwag or dratini?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Cool hack! Very original story and theme of hack..
    but.. maybe u should make snow on the roofs of those houses?

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Thanks for all of your comments, i've noticed some errors and might be changing the first post a few times :P.

Cool hack! Very original story and theme of hack..
    but.. maybe u should make snow on the roofs of those houses?

Like I said, I will only edit the tiles when I finish most of the game.

Years
    Looks pretty good so far. One thing, though. Your maps are quite square. You might want to change their shapes to make them look more natural.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Nice hack
    The snowy nature looks cool.
    Keep up the good work mate

I like the idea, but, work a bit on your mapping.

First of all, your islands are too square. Unless an island's man-made, it shouldn't be even close to perfectly shaped. Try using the ocean tile to "erode" some of your islands. That should make them more natural! And don't forget to fix up the shore afterwords!

Your route is a bit square also, not to mention there's almost a straightforward path to the next area. Try mixing it up a bit. Put trees in the player's way, make it more difficult to pass through with a mini maze, obstacles, anything you can put in the way.

Oh, and one more thing on the mapping, in Tserof Town, there's a house without windows. Have you ever seen a house without windows? Putting in windows makes houses and towns more realistic.

To fix your snowy problem, the "three snowflakes" weather effect in Advance Map is probably what you chose. To make it snow constantly, try the "Snow" or "Ash" weather effect, I'm not exactly sure on the name but one of them's there!

Your story, idea, most everythng is really good. Work on your mapping and this'll be one of the better hacks!

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I agree with most of what Diokishisu said, but I don't think the islands have to look eroded, mainly because they don't erode unless they have been there a long time and it could be a relatively new island. And he could throw some story in there about earthquakes from volanoes on the new island. Well I am just ranting so good luck with the hack.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Wow, very original Routes and Towns. I'd like to see more.

Just maybe a Hero and Heroine change or Overworld Random people would be nice to see on original Maps.

I can't wait to play it. Do you need help with scripting, mapping, spriting or overworlds?

And the Tiles are very great.

And I don't see any Overworlds by Zel in your Screenshots.

♠εx

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    Looks pretty good so far. One thing, though. Your maps are quite square. You might want to change their shapes to make them look more natural.

I'm working on the maps and making them more advance, I just want to get through the basics before changing too much. :P

I like the idea, but, work a bit on your mapping.

First of all, your islands are too square. Unless an island's man-made, it shouldn't be even close to perfectly shaped. Try using the ocean tile to "erode" some of your islands. That should make them more natural! And don't forget to fix up the shore afterwords!

Your route is a bit square also, not to mention there's almost a straightforward path to the next area. Try mixing it up a bit. Put trees in the player's way, make it more difficult to pass through with a mini maze, obstacles, anything you can put in the way.

Oh, and one more thing on the mapping, in Tserof Town, there's a house without windows. Have you ever seen a house without windows? Putting in windows makes houses and towns more realistic.

To fix your snowy problem, the "three snowflakes" weather effect in Advance Map is probably what you chose. To make it snow constantly, try the "Snow" or "Ash" weather effect, I'm not exactly sure on the name but one of them's there!

Your story, idea, most everythng is really good. Work on your mapping and this'll be one of the better hacks!

Like I said above, i'm just getting the basics done. I'm changing the maps alot and they should be a bit better.

Wow, very original Routes and Towns. I'd like to see more.

Just maybe a Hero and Heroine change or Overworld Random people would be nice to see on original Maps.

I can't wait to play it. Do you need help with scripting, mapping, spriting or overworlds?

And the Tiles are very great.

And I don't see any Overworlds by Zel in your Screenshots.

The screenshots are old :P.
    Zel's overworlds have been put in, I might need some help with the scripting and overworlds but i'd like to try scripting myself. I'm trying it on my backups before the original to make sure it doesn't stuff up.

--------------------------

Update: New town has been finished.
    Spoiler:

Thanks for everyones comments :P.
    New screenshots and maps will be up by the end of the week.

amatsu109728

Just an ordinary POKEMON gamer
    Years
    no offense but how about try to put more things on it it looks a bit empty, how about the island on a top of a snowy clif or something

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Yes, the maps, a bit too empty. Amatsu's right. Except I don't like the ideas of islands on top of snow cliffs. Maybe adding rocks in more places or maybe more land than water.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back