• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Theory] Pokemon are magic

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
  • This is the only conclusion I can come to. I see people trying to put scientific spins on Pokemon and trying to apply logic to it but come on, it makes no sense. I can't find any reasonable explaination for Pokeballs when you incorporate Apricorns because there's no way Apriballs are digital so how do they catch Pokemon? Plus these same balls are capable of catching demigods! We have Pokemon that can create dark energy and shoot fire. Ghost Pokemon who were previously people. Even their evolution is wrong! There is just no way that anything logical can come from Pokemon and the only conclusion I can make is that it's a world of magic that has advanced to the realm of technology. It's the only thing that can make sense in my opinion.

Do you think the Pokemon world is straight up magic with only minimal scientific basis, or do you disagree and think it can all be explained through science?

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • I think It has something of both, But dont forget it's yust a fantasy I dont think you can get a logic Idea.
    I mean how get a pokemon stuck in a ball for months without any food?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    With the help of some made up science, my theory on Aura playing a part works fine enough. Aura is pretty much magic, so I guess I have to say yes partly to your question though ;) I'd like to think that Aura is what's powering pokémon, giving them strength to evolve and perform such incredible attacks, whether physical or elemental. Pokéballs have technology that can draw in the Aura of a pokémon and encapsulate them in energy form. I know people have loads of ideas on how pokéballs work and I'm not going to draw up a debate on it here :p That's just how I'd like to think of their function.

As for Apricorns, I guess they were a bit magic 8) Maybe having a streak of Aura absorbing qualities.

Mepalo

The Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    i could think of something:pokeballs are pockets where space and time stop but every pocket of space in a pokeball is limilessly big and powerfull or perhaps there is a world of a pokemons imagination in the pokeball which becomes reality when it enters(still all inside the pokeball) where it can get its own food? ive got nothing for their evolution though.....

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This is actually kind of a fascinating subject. Monsters in general are usually regarded as being "magical" or fantasy related, creatures that just wouldn't exist in our world, and for the most part, are not human created. Pokemon though (and an even better example: Digimon), tend to be regarded more as scientific-type creatures more than magical or fantasy ones. Sure, there's plenty of "magical" things in the Pokemon world (things like Arceus, a 3000 year old King of Kalos, things of the sort) but I'd say there's a lot more of this world that is science based than fantasy, almost like a perfect modern Utopian version of our reality. This of course has a lot to do with how Pokemon was presented to us from the beginning, but it's still very interesting nonetheless.

Obviously, I don't think everything can be explained by science. Like I said, there's some very obvious "magical" things and beings in the Pokemon world, but I do think more of it is science-based and "realistic".

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think that it's likely that what we would call magic would probably be the science of their world, much like Alchemy of the past. A world that was governed by magic would probably develop very similarly to the Pokemon universe. I just know that I can easily go crazy if I try to apply any sort of real world logic to Pokemon.

Mepalo, that's certainly one way of looking at Pokeballs but I don't see how someone who's a simple craftsman could make a nut like an Apricorn into something with its own space and time without magical intervention. Kurt certainly doesn't seem the tech savvy type.

We do it because it is fun to do so.
    I'm certainly not trying to devalue the idea of Pokemon theories, I just know how I feel about Pokemon when I try to put logic on them.

Last edited:
    Back