• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Art Cards

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
Years
  • What are Pokemon Art Cards (PAC)? They're Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) with a pokemon theme! What, you may ask are Artist Trading Cards? Well, as the name suggests, they're trading cards that have been created by YOU. We create 'em, trade 'em and collect 'em. On any theme you like. There are only two rules - the size - 2.5 x 3.5 inches (the size of a standard Pokemon Trading Card) and Trade, not Sell. Not that you could sell Pokemon themed stuff anyhow.

i've been creating ATCs for several years now and have moved onto collecting ones with a Pokemon theme. I love Pokemon and I love interpreting them - and seeing interpretations - in styles that are not the standard, bland official ones.

So here's a selection of mine.

Currently these ones have all found new homes - I'm creating on demand (or, that is to say, colouring on demand, as I've doodled up tons of Pokemon lineart. I may have a few available for trade later - wooper, quagsire, yanma, that I am drawing for a club. and because I like them.

If anyone is interested in setting up a trade, I shall nab you later. If another people get interested, we could engage in an actual SWAP (which is when a bunch of participants send me three cards on the pokemon theme and I divy them up and send 3 back to each participant from other people).

But right now, enjoy the art

Spirallin

Personality Deficient
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2008
    I'd be interested in a trade/swap!

I used to doodle pogeymahns like a crazy mofo. D: AP tests are fast approaching at my school, so I don't know how long it would take to finish some, but anyhow, it's a great idea, and if y'wanna trade, PM me?

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
  • Thats so cool xD You are pencil expert xD

omg xD pencil expert xD

Hey! Unfortunately I am not interested, but I would like to comment on the work.
    I think these are nicely rendered. The Pokemon are depicted adorably with semi-realism applied without having to look too unappealing to me! The thick, black lines with good selection of colour is one of my favourite styles as well.
    I personally enjoy the almost moody background you had done in the Raichu piece... With the happy Raichu at front, you reached a good balance on it. I also like how you chose natural pinks for Skitty's fur so it couldn't stand out too much from the background!
    I checked out your work in DA and you seem to have a folktale-type of art... If that makes any sense. Nice stuff.

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments, Cookie ^^ You don't have to be interested in a trade to be of interest to me! I appreciate feedback. And yes, I do have a sort of folkish/whimsical style which seems popular enough. I just wish I was better at the realism! Still, we can't have everything, can we?

Spirallin, I will PM you. Thanks for your interest.

And Kamy, thanks for the comment!

Cheers,
    Kat

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Some fishy Pokemon

Four more ATCs, three of these four are AVAiLABLE FOR TRADE which means that if you want them, they could be yours. you just need to make up a Pokemon art card of exactly the same size depicting whatever pokemon you like.

Available are: Yanma, Wooper and Mudkip. Quagsire may have a home.

If anyone would like to see me attempt a particular pokemon, PM me or comment here. I may oblidge.

Cheers,
    Kat

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Oh! These remind me so much of an artist that I can't remember but your style is almost identical to his/her. *can't remember name or gender Cx

They're really distinct and vibrant, I love them. <3 The Wooper is totally cute. *w*

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Kougra - your art is gorgeous! Please note me when you're able ^^

Phanima - if you think of who it is I would LOVE to know - I've never found someone with a style particularly close to mine and I'm very curious. Unless it IS me - I get around! Although I usually use the name "LemurKat". Where do you think you saw this art? Maybe deviantart? I have a gallery on there under "lemurkat"

Kat

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I had never successfully drawn Shaymin before, so I figured I'd give it another try. Turned out sort'a blurry, and the name is still pixely... I could have fixed that if I had worked on it longer, but I have a headache.

EDIT: I have now made a hand-colored Shaymin (same line art). In my opinion, it looks far better than this digi-colored one. I'll try to make a card with it and send it to you later.

Last edited:

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Looks awesome Kougra! What would you like me to draw for you? I usually trade 3-for-3 so if you wish to make 3 pokemon art cards, I shall happily create 3 in return!

you can view my cards at lemurkat.deviantart.com

Kat

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
  • Wow, i like them.

You sure do put in a fair bit of detail to your work, i think using anatomy for the Pokemon could improve your drawing a lot, you are talented no doubt about it. Keep up the good work!

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Thanks for the kind words, folks!

Here's a collage of the ones I've made so far - about 10% of them. That's all...

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Phanima - if you think of who it is I would LOVE to know - I've never found someone with a style particularly close to mine and I'm very curious. Unless it IS me - I get around! Although I usually use the name "LemurKat". Where do you think you saw this art? Maybe deviantart? I have a gallery on there under "lemurkat"

Kat

Um~ sorry, I just can't remember. >< Although I'm feverently looking for him/her as I've become quite curious myself. It surprised me too, since your style's very distinct, I would've thought you'd be the only one, and I saw your DA before (great stuff btw~) but it wasn't you who I was thinking about. I'll keep looking though.

Here's a collage of the ones I've made so far - about 10% of them. That's all...

Love collages, especially bright detailed ones like this. Can't wait for it to be finished~ C:

I might have to start drawing up some Pokemanz myself. I'm getting into it now. ^^;

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
    Years
  • Might be a while to go yet! I've now donw 50 but I can't remote linke yet as I ahven't posted enough ehre to be allowed to post URLs.

If anyone wants to help me complete my collection by signing up for trades, let me know! I"m down to my last 3 sets.

Here's the current list of "taken" Pokemon: lemurkat.deviantart.com/journal/17858438/

Kat

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2008
    Wow

Wow Lemurkat, I love your artwork.

The style is smply fantastic, it seems toshow the pokemon more like what their representative animals would be, like a mudkip frog and hedgehog shaymin.

The detail is immense and, my favourite being haunter, i love the backgrounds used.

Keep up the good work, I may have a go myself but im not that good.

Hijack74

Back