• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Ash's Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
Years
  • Pokémon: Ash's Chapter
    a work-in-progress
    FireRed 1.0
    soulryu
    Introduction
    Hi! My name is Soulryu! I have been ROM hacking since I was 10 years old and it became a hobby for me. I've been toying with many of the hacking tools and looked up tutorials to try and create my own hack but every time I try, I end up quitting but get better each time I start anew. This time I'm creating another story that focuses on Ash. Essentially the story of the game will follow that of the anime. Though the anime is ultimately based upon the games and draws heavily from them, many concepts which are only touched on the games are spun in a unique way, and expanded on. :)
    Features
    • Day/Night
    • Custom sprites for trainers/Pokémon based off of artwork
    • Lapras surfing sprite
    • Tiles made by WesleyFG
    • HG/SS-style maps
    • 3 Regions
    • Apricorns
    • And more!
    Screenshots
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red1_zpsnsj1fr1a.png
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red2_zpsclxmy2xw.png
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red3_zpsygln2rlp.png
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red5_zpst3a0trcw.png
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red6_zpsv3zgubuq.png
    Pokemon%20Fire%20Red10_zpse4jdhp15.png

Work log
    • Pallet town done
    • First event done
    • Route 1 done
    • Viridian city done
    • Route 2 done
    • Route 22 done
    Bugs
    • Error in ash's mon script
    • Oak repeats his scripts when he introduces Pikachu
    • Route 1 terminal looks bad inside
    • viridian city is glitched
    • cannot enter Viridian Forest
    The Team
    • Soulryu: Mapper, image inserter
    • c067912881: Scripting & editing sprites
    Special Thanks
    • #1-Trainer: Backsprite
    • WeselyFG: Tiles
    • Chaos Rush: Pokemon Sprite
    • Nick:Thread's CSS
    • TuxedoMoroboshi:Sprites
    • Unknown: Ash's OW sprites
    Download
    Coming soon

Last edited:

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • I assume these three regions are Kanto,Orange Islands and Johto, or are you adding Hoenn as well? Anyway, good luck!

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • I really hope this won't be a copy of Ash Gray basically. Yet, Ash Gray has SO MANY bugs. But 3 regions? Hm...I wonder what they are... >_>

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Your work quality looks decent. I don't really see it as a deficit for the hack, but you may want to consider finding and implementing potential differences from Ash Gray version, for the sake of your hack's popularity. :P

Also, you may want to work on the styling for your OP. Do know that the PokéCommunity does support CSS styling using [div][/div] and [span][/span] tags. :)

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    This is something quick that I whipped up. I thought about adding a background picture, but I kind of forgot how and was too lazy to go figure it out.

You don't have to use it, but if you do, just quote my post and copy/paste.

Spoiler:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • This is something quick that I whipped up. I thought about adding a background picture, but I kind of forgot how and was too lazy to go figure it out.

You don't have to use it, but if you do, just quote my post and copy/paste.

Spoiler:

No offense, but I find your palette choice quite distasteful. Um, OP... may I?
    Spoiler:

Your thread's CSS should be compatible with all standards-compliant browsers, and it relies entirely on web fonts. For those on PC who disable web fonts it will fall back onto the forced sans-serif, and if there is no web font support it will use the browser's sans-serif. The background will display nicely on all resolutions, and the code is completely minified which saves people time loading your thread, and... it looks nice, if I do say so myself. :P

The background image I provided is just the photo of Ash from Bulbapedia edited by me in Photoshop to be more appropriate for a background.

You're free to use and modify all of this as you like. :)

Mr_Pokedex

Time, its eating me alive
    Years
  • I think this game will be something cool) But did story of your hack will the same as the anime series or you will make somethink brand new?

Years
  • Everything looks good so far! So there will be 3 regions? I presume it will be Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto?

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
    Years
  • Thanks for the positive messages as this is my first hack :)
    The game will focus on the episodes that took place in actual cities,town and routes. This means no fillers and movies might be put into the game depending on the hack's development.

also, for those who were guessing the 3 regions you all got it right ;) it's : Kanto, Orange islands and Johto.

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    No offense, but I find your palette choice quite distasteful. Um, OP... may I?

No offense taken, I agree. I made it rather quickly. I usually put a bunch of different colors in and see what I like the most. I started that thinking I had a bit more time than I really had.

I like yours much more. That background pic is pretty nice.

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    This hack looks very promising and looks to be exactly what I'm looking for! Aside from the bugs, I found the graphics in the AshGray hack to be one if it's weak points and it looks that you've got that covered in your hack. Since a lot of hackers lose their motivation during the process of making a hack I sincerely hope that won't be the case with this hack.
    By the way, I find the sprites MrDollSteak made for his Sugimori Palettes: Sprite Resource to be more suited for this hack because they're also based on the original artwork. Good luck on making this hack!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Well it seems you've laid the groundwork for a nice hack. WesleyFG's tiles are always nice, so I like what I see.

3 Regions is quite ambitious, so I wish you luck there! Also, I hope that Lapras won't be the only Pokémon that you can surf with...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    the 4th gen phys/spec split is a must, and if at all possible devise a method for proper EV training since fire red lacks the EV reducing berries. I hear JPan's fire red engine allows for a means to do something about that.

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
    Years
  • We are on episode 2 of the original anime. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
    Spoiler:

Note:
    Spoiler:

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
    Years
  • We are on episode 2 of the original anime. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜
    Spoiler:

Note:
    Spoiler:

You're making great progress. Better than the progress on my hack, that's for show. :]

soulryu

Pirate Trainer
    Years
  • I just released a temporary Alpha for the game because of the following:
    *Why the Pokeball palette is messed?
    *Why Viridian forest crashes?
    *Why water reflection palette is messed?

If anyone can find the answer for these questions, I would gladly appreciate it and it would help us make further progress in the game.
    Any other feedback would be accepted as well. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back