• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Awakend Darkness. A (remake?)

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
Years
  • Well, the first thing you probally saying is hmm...another remake...Im not sure if my game is a r/s/e remake or not...I will use all the same places but it will have a "COMPLETELY!" different story, so label it as you want.

And if you werent think what was above you were thinking...'He spelt 'awakened' wrong!'. Well, its spelt wrong on purpose.

This game is brought to you by:
    Kystal Games

~* *~
    Story:
    ~* *~

You were a kid, with a every day dream. To be a pokemon master. After moving to littleroot and seeing a great pokemon trainer on tv. You decide to go to the profesor and get a pokemon. On your way out, you run into a girl being cornered by an 'evil' Caterpie. After you help he she tells you she lives in Oldale and wants to be a pokemon breeder. She follows you on her advnture and eventually gets a pokemon and helps you out also. But somethings not right. Team aqua is after Mayl too! But why? What are there plans with her?

~* *~

Theres more but I dont wanna spoil it before I realease a demo. So Ill let the demo do all the talking...well how Im talking you probally think I got a demo...think again ^^;.

~* *~
    Features:
    ~* *~

CBS
    CMS
    Double team battles.
    Running & biking (woopty doo!)
    Able to build your trust with your pokemon by playing with them, feeding them., ect. If your pokemon doesnt like you theres a chance it wont listen.
    Breeding - *new pokemon from breeding! ex. Bulbasuar + Weepingbell = new pokemon!...well I dont know about that combo but thats how itll work.*
    Day/Night - Diff poke's come out, and random weather ^^
    More...when I think of it ^^

~* *~
    Screens
    ~* *~

My title. But I dont have any good window skins yet.

Your home town - Littleroot!

Wow, freaked out prom Pokemon that arent there yet. Poor mayle...if thats your name o.o

Oledale town

A stroll by the water

~* *~
    Comments:
    ~* *~

Well tell me what ya think. I know the maps are a little empty...thats cause they dont got and NPC's ^_^. A demo should probally be out by the end of the week. Going all the way up to that forest...I cant think of name.

If you would like to help in any way...please do...as you can see I need a caterpie sprite...well if I forgot something, Ill post it.

Quick edit: There will also be collectible cards...might even turn it into a mini game ^^

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Care to explain why you purposely spelt 'Awakened' wrong? It seems a bit odd that you did that.
    Everything sounds pretty tight. Kind of a generic storyline but I'm sure you'll build on it more than Nintendo did.
    The demo seems to be out really quick. I only hope that it includes some action in it, there's nothing worse than downloading a demo only to be able to just walk around a few maps.
    I'd realls suggest that you reconsider the Breeding and getting new Pokemon system that you mentioned. Although it would be a nice idea, it just isn't practical, maybe even possible, for a game in RM2K/3. You're gonna need a crap load of custom sprites for every possible breeding combination and it'll most likely take up a hell of a lot of variables. I tried something like this too, when I first got into Pokemon fan gaming. The realisation of actually doing it hit me after a short while.

The screens look nice. Can't really say much more since they're just remakes, but you did do a nice job remaking them.

Good luck on the rest of your project!

Matt12345678

The Famous N00b
    Years
  • Dawson said:
    Care to explain why you purposely spelt 'Awakened' wrong? It seems a bit odd that you did that.
    Everything sounds pretty tight. Kind of a generic storyline but I'm sure you'll build on it more than Nintendo did.
    The demo seems to be out really quick. I only hope that it includes some action in it, there's nothing worse than downloading a demo only to be able to just walk around a few maps.
    I'd realls suggest that you reconsider the Breeding and getting new Pokemon system that you mentioned. Although it would be a nice idea, it just isn't practical, maybe even possible, for a game in RM2K/3. You're gonna need a crap load of custom sprites for every possible breeding combination and it'll most likely take up a hell of a lot of variables. I tried something like this too, when I first got into Pokemon fan gaming. The realisation of actually doing it hit me after a short while.

The screens look nice. Can't really say much more since they're just remakes, but you did do a nice job remaking them.

Good luck on the rest of your project!
    He probably spelt it "awakend" so it's like "awake" and "end"

Jayje

The First Maker
    Years
  • hey

it shouldn't be too hard as long as he keeps his list of nbew pokeomn short. the new pokemon part. but the skill list will probably be a ***** to code tho. then the stats.... :\

well best of luck to you on this looks pretty good

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
    Years
  • Thx for the support.

The demo will include action. Maybe 5-6 battles if you dont include the random battles.
    The maps wont be completly the same, but almost. There will probally be new starters of I can get some ideas. I was thinking bout using this as a starter water pokemon. I call him...Poletad...my bro thought of name ^^.

Tell me what you think.

I also did a few sketches for the other starters. I might have them ready later on.

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
    Years
  • hehe, I like Hydrunny, I might name it that.

Well, what I need now is the pic of fire red character pic from the beggining and an oak, which I will edit into someone else. Then I can finish the opening, and I know this aint nothing specail but since most of the game is in one large map I crateated a perfect music change with events. When you walk out of petelburg music change, when you walk back in music change, it gives you like a 0.7 second lag, but I guess thats okay.

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
    Years
  • Boo, for double post! But yay for a new pokemon! *does new pokemon dance*

I havent decided a name, it will be...the Fire Starter! *if I decide to use it*
    It might not be all that great cause my mouse probally needs to be cleaned...anwwayz here it is!

Back