• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Azure Blue

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
    Years
    Name: Pokemon Azure Blue
    Hack of: Pokemon Ruby (AXVE)
    Team: Hedgehogger- Mapper, Spriter, Scripter
    Speedonh- Scripter
    Introduction:
    In this hack, you're not going to see just a remake of the Hoenn Region, similar to how I did my last hack. In this, it's a whole new adventure in a whole new region!
    Story:
    In the new, water-based region of Cerul, you are the son/daughter of Archie, the leader of Team Aqua. After a short while of living there, you'll soon realize being the child of one of the crime bosses that almost flooded Hoenn will bring you both a good and bad reputation with some people throughout the region. In this Region, a second Groudon is asleep in an isolated mountain (Most likely a volcano), and a new foe, Team Volt, wants to seize and control it in order to wipe out all other Ground Pokemon and rule with Electricity, and it's up to you to stop them, all while trying to beat the Pokemon League and 8 Gyms!

Features:
    :15: New Region
    :15: New Tiles
    :15: All 386 Catchable
    :15: New enemy Team (Team Volt)
    :15: New (tougher) trainers
    :15: New Gym Leaders
    :15: New Scripts
    :15: New Maps
    :15: New sprites
    :15: New Trainer Classes (Such as Street Performers instead of Hex Maniacs)
    :15: New Pokemon Sprites (Revamps)
    :15: New Sidequests (You'll start to have more as the game progresses)
    :15: New Palettes (Mainly indoor ones; I may or may not mess with the Palettes of the grass)
    :15: New TMs
    :15: Pokemon that need to be traded/traded with an item now evolve differently, mainly by specific items

Screenshots!

Pokemon Azure Blue

Anthony and Amy, aka Hero and Heroine

Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue

(PS, Amy is sticking up her INDEX FINGER, not the middle finger.)

The Hero/Heroine's hometown, Bluriver Town

Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue

Route 101

Sprigg Town

Pokemon Azure Blue

Routes 102 & 103

Lakewood City

Route 104 & Lakewood Cave

Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue
    Pokemon Azure Blue

Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue Pokemon Azure Blue

New Trainers

Fan Bars

Pokemon Azure Blue

Glitches:

:t356: The building at the edge of Lakewood City changes when you walk onto Route 104. This is a tileset error, because Lakewood and Route 104 have different tilesets.

Other Info: BETA 1 Has been released! Stay posted for info on BETA 2.

Last edited:

Hedgehogger

Years
    Thanks, all you guys who posted here! I bring to you a new screenshot, the male trainer's bag:
    Spoiler:
    (Don't ask about the ???????? item in the bag; it came from a glitch.
    And, the Male Trainer himself:
    Spoiler:

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Very promising hack, it seems that it will have its place in RHA projects section :D And if you want to improve the R/S graphics with FR ones just tell me, it's a piece of cake for RHA's graphic editors and me :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Looks pretty good to me. Only one thing I found you might want to change. The shading on the walls of the first gym could be a bit darker. Other than that Good work.

Hedgehogger

Years
    Very promising hack, it seems that it will have its place in RHA projects section :D And if you want to improve the R/S graphics with FR ones just tell me, it's a piece of cake for RHA's graphic editors and me :D

Now that you mention it, I could use the FR/LG water tiles, and flowers. But, where do I find their animations?

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    I don't know, but I'm sure if you PM Don Patch, there will be more suitable answer :)

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    alright, just don't rush anything.
    how far will the beta go (how many gyms, towns, percent of the land etc...)

Hedgehogger

Years
    alright, just don't rush anything.
    how far will the beta go (how many gyms, towns, percent of the land etc...)

The Beta will cover the first 2 gyms. It's going to be incredibly short (About 5 towns) But, it's a Beta and I need to see how well it'll go over in the early part of the game.

Back