• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Badge of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    Pokemon: Badge of Darkness: BETA 5 is ready

BADGE OF DARKNESS

NEW

Pokemon FireRed Hack
    STORY
    You are a young trainer that lives in a tiny northern village in Northern Kanto, called Umber Town. You wake up. You remember that the crisis in Hoenn is still occurring. Kanto has been changed by the crisis, seperating into four main islands due to the rising sea level. You dash outside into town. They are building a new gym for the town. It will hopefully boost the economy. You dream of one day entering that gym as its gym leader, but to even be considered for the position, you have to beat the Elite four and become Champion.
    You rush to the cave connecting Umber and Pallet town through Kanto's network of underground tunnels. You look around but cannot find Professor Oak anywhere. Just when you are about to leave town, he emerges and reminds you that you were supposed to receive a pokemon. He then takes you to his lab where he lets you pick one of three pokemon that some of his other proteges are willing to give away.
    His younger granddaughter is also there as well to get a pokemon. After you both have picked one, she wants to have a pokemon battle with you. Afterwards, you remember that Professor Oak had a parcel from Sinnoh waiting for him in Umber Town, and go get it. (its a hidden item on the ground)
    You go through the rest of the cities in normal order, touring Viridia Island, Cerulea Island, Fuschia Island, and Seinna Island collecting the gym badges. Finally you can challenge the Elite Four. Awaiting at the end of the journey is the chance to become the gym leader for the now finished gym in yout hometown of Umber Town. But wait! Prof Oak wants you to do something else!

SINJOH MAP
    Pokemon: Badge of Darkness

FEATURES
    Expanded Evolution-
    Graveler has two happiness evolutions (day and night)
    ROTOM evolves by use of elemental stones
    New pokemon in Kanto; ex. Shockegy, a Electric/Flying type pokemon
    New Starters!!! Shockgey, Artucan, and Moltucan
    -pre-evolutions of Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres
    (sprites are free to use)
    New Female Rival!!! Gary's second sister
    Kanto during the Hoenn Crisis map
    Kanto's Underground Network of Tunnels
    Start in a new Town near Sinjoh Region, north of Kanto
    Four New Dual-Type Gyms!
    -Richard- Bug/Rock
    -Samantha- Water/Ground
    - Erika- Grass/Flying
    -Flannery in Kanto!- Fire/Fighting

still need to do...
    -change name options for your rival, stuck on guy names
    -basically work out how you are going to be a gym leader, and how's that going to work; battles, etc.

BUGS
    - some tile mistakes, due to complexity
    - female rival stuck w/ boy's names or turns red
    -beginning to work on scripting and releveling the trainers

NEW Screenshots
    -titlescreen
    -Prof. Oak
    -Introduction of Rival
    -Choosing a name
    -Kanto Underground- Umber to Pallet Town Tunnel
    -NEWPORT TOWN where your Rival lives, and where you get your first pokemon
    -Umber Town
    -Golden Skarmory
    -Oak's Aide talks about Rotom 1
    -Oak's Aide talks abotu Rotom 2
    -Breaking News about the Hoenn Crisis
    -Nighttime in NEWPORT TOWN

New Release is ready

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    Awesome name for an hack, a interesting story, However Is Fuschia Island based on Fuschia city, beacuse if the flood did happen woudn't Fushia be the one of frist city to sink becasue it is so close to the coast

and will Mt. Moon, Rock Tunnel and Victory Road be in because no amout of flood will sink those caves and if they did they would become underwater caves

speeking of underwater caves, Seaform Islands would be one of them as well as Cerculean

I can't however play your hack beacsue it's an hack of leaf green and not fire red so I would have to download an leaf green rom, which would take forever due to internet speed

with your stater bug, It may be best to have an completly different way to recive your stater, that way there will be no bugs if there is you can fix them.
    but if you keep it like the way it is, i suggest you change the text with XSE

and awesoem name sounds like a hack I would play, even if it is bad.

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    A leaf green hack

Dont see much of these where i comes from
    This might be a goodun ;)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Tile Errors
    Tile Errors
    Tile Errors

Those are the biggest bugs in your hack. :)
    Learn how to use the tile correctly. If tiles are used in a wrong way, it becomes a tile error. Tile errors make a hack look unprofessional. And your mapping is, bleh. Read a mapping tutorial, or have them rated at the Map Rating Thread. If I were to rate this, I'd rate it: 1/10.

Also, if you used a starter editor to change the starters then you should learn how to script. I recommend using XSE and reading the guide included with it.

Good luck on this. :D

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    Meh! >.<
    The IPS patch DO NOT WORK :'( makes me sad!!!!

1st be sure that you're using the right rom. It is a leafgreen hack. I will re-get the rom , and create a new IPS patch and post it. (should be the current name but with Beta 2 at end)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Wow you never see a LF Hakc very often! Good luck on this! But you should really fix those maps, because there are a lot of errors. (I'm guessing you're a beginner) But the storyline sounds very great! I like your idea of Kanto's point of view of the Hoenn crisis. This hack seems promising, hope to see it finished! ~

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    NEW SCREENSHOTS ARE UP

a few people have contacted me a few times about the patch not working. I am not sure what the problem is, but ill re-get the ROM and create another IPS patch

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    1st be sure that you're using the right rom. It is a leafgreen hack. I will re-get the rom , and create a new IPS patch and post it. (should be the current name but with Beta 2 at end)
    Oh ok
    I did have the right rom
    I worked as a normal Leaf Green ROM!

SamSam67

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2010
    Not a good choiuce of pokemon though :/
    Try doing the Usual ... Pokemon type chain

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    will be made a FR hack

NEW FEATURES 5-10-2009 (scheduled for release 4)
    Expanded Evolution-
    Graveler has two happiness evolutions (day and night)
    ROTOM evolves by use of elemental stones
    New pokemon in Kanto; ex. Voltcan, a Electric/Flying type pokemon
    New Starters!!! ZORUA, CARVANHA, ROTOM
    New Female Rival!!! Gary's second sister
    Kanto during the Hoenn Crisis map
    Kanto's Underground Network of Tunnels
    Start in a new Town near Sinjoh Region, north of Kanto
    Four New Dual-Type Gyms!
    -Richard- Bug/Rock
    -Samantha- Water/Ground
    - Erika- Grass/Flying
    -Flannery in Kanto!- Fire/Fighting
    still need to do...
    -change name options for your rival, stuck on guy names
    -basically work out how you are going to be a gym leader, and how's that going to work; battles, etc.

&
    NEW Screenshots
    -titlescreen
    -Prof. Oak
    -Introduction of Rival
    -Choosing a name
    -Kanto Underground- Umber to Pallet Town Tunnel
    -NEWPORT TOWN where your Rival lives, and where you get your first pokemon
    -Umber Town
    -Golden Skarmory
    -Oak's Aide talks about Rotom 1
    -Oak's Aide talks abotu Rotom 2
    -Breaking News about the Hoenn Crisis
    -Nighttime in NEWPORT TOWN

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Great! You're mapping improved, there is still I think 2 errors... But your spriting is very good! :p The rival is pretty good and I like the titlescreen! The Skarmory looks good also.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2013
    nice It's now a firered hack, guess I can play it the screenshots look good as well as the rival

EDIT
    I've palyed up to MT MOON. s

Is there any new scripts in the game, beside the maps it looks the same to me
    how far does this beta go
    Shoudn't the trainers have different pokemon

Your maps are petty good I used A-map to view it

Nice titlescreen

Bugs
    You don't have wild pokemon in every route and you can enocuter ??????????????

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    BETA v5 is up
    -updated story
    -scripting work
    -releveling on some trainers
    NEW REGION: EXPLORE THE WILDERNESS OF SINJOH!!!
    Beta is 1st Two Gyms

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2015
    My game didn't work for the rival battle and completely crashed, this stinks. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back