• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    the servers should be back up by 4 am PST. but pokebank will still be delayed until they figure out how to actually handle people using their stuff, so probably about a week.

Nintendo keeps seeming shortsighted lately, no youtube anything, Smash Bros. directer getting pissy and saying he wanted to pull single player. They need to get their **** together pretty quick before they go the way of sega.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I honestly refuse to think that the e-shop trafficing and flooding is the major reason for the Poekbank's delay and removal. Delay could have been ok but to remove it from Japanese e-shops means that they might be trying to update it. An early release in Japan might also be more than just an early service for the company's local country but possibly a test. They might be using the E-shop traffic as a cover for what they might actually be doing.

This isn't a first. After everyone's reports of a game breaking cheat program, game freak stopped all rating matches and only stated that it was some problem in their server. After a new update was released, the ratings were eventually put back, however, the update has somehow managed to render the cheat program useless and the update mentioned nothing about this other than, "fixes a communication problem."

We'll see what happens after the Pokebanks are finally reannounced. There is one thing I am sure of. They will not delay the app for too long.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What if Pokemon Bank never comes back?

So while it's next to impossible that this will happen, WHAT IF nintendo, after much deliberation, simply decided to not reinstate Pokebank at all? Would it be that terrible? Don't get me wrong, I get how much it would absolutely suck to not be able to bring your old pokemon from previous games to X and Y, HOWEVER, having said that, it's not the end of the Pokemon world, really.

Pokemon Bank was open just long enough for all the unobtainable pokemon to get released into the wilds of Kalos, and thanks to this handy dandy list, we know exactly which pokemon we need to complete our pokedex: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

so between breeding and trading, it will still be possible to get all of them. Starting from scratch would suck (although not so for those of us that either just started or started again after a hiatus with X and Y. We would be starting from scratch no matter what) but there's no pokemon that are lost to the ether.

How would you feel if Nintendo simply decided to not go ahead with Pokebank since it effectively shut down practically everything? Would you be devastated? Would you not care? Would you be thankful it was open just long enough to bring breedable pokemon from the older games so that at least you can get a VERSION of your favourite pokemon again, ever if you need to start all over again?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I want it to transfer my event pokemon, and some of my previous gen favourites. But all the hacking cut the excitement.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If that ever happens, then GameFreak would have to come up with something else--a different way of transferring Pokémon. If they don't, then a lot fans would be upset, which... they probably wouldn't want. Personally, if I were in-charge, I would do whatever it takes to keep people satisfied. d:

By the way Howmander, there's already an active thread about PokéBank, so I'm merging your topic with it.

Merged.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    What legendaries were they? Because remember a few months ago they released shiny Dialga, Palkia and Giatina over wifi, so EVERYONE with Black 2 or White 2 had access to those three as long as they had internet. And a Shiny Genesect was released even earlier this year as well in a separate event.

Mixtures

The last doubles battle i fought was against shiny darkrai, shiny mega absol, shiny kyogre and a non-shiny dialga

All 3 were japanese opponents.

I find it strange that the response here basically amounts to telling me I'm just rubbish, given I'm raising this issue now and not before pokebank.

Years
    I was a little gutted to hear that the Bank was withdrawn.

I have been waiting for months to play Pokemon X as I have an awesome team planned and who I could start training right at the beginning of my new journey. But now I have to wait even longer to play it. And worst of all is that Pokemon X was my main christmas present this year.

Sigh. Oh well, at least I have other stuff to do. Still got to decide what Items to get my team to hold. Hmm...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was a little gutted to hear that the Bank was withdrawn.

I have been waiting for months to play Pokemon X as I have an awesome team planned and who I could start training right at the beginning of my new journey. But now I have to wait even longer to play it. And worst of all is that Pokemon X was my main christmas present this year.

Sigh. Oh well, at least I have other stuff to do. Still got to decide what Items to get my team to hold. Hmm...

Why not start playing now even if you don't have your planned team? You've only got a couple more weeks to get teh Torchic holding the Blazikenite before it's gone forever. After January 15 it will no longer be available

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I never understood why people with hacked pkmn from previous gens feel the need to trade to the GTS. If they were into hacking, why not hack them all and keep them to their games? That way, everyone would be happy.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I never understood why people with hacked pkmn from previous gens feel the need to trade to the GTS. If they were into hacking, why not hack them all and keep them to their games? That way, everyone would be happy.

And that's another thing about how people are freaking out over these supposed "hacked" pokemon, everything that people are showing as evidence is technically possible to happen in game. Just today someone was worried they got a hacked pokemon on the forums and all it was was that it knew some egg moves. People REALLY need to calm down and give the benefit of the doubt. Until we start getting sableeyes with Wonderguard and Slaking's with Fur Coat I say just relax and presume that the pokemon is legitimate. There's sites like Serebii that have a running record of every possible pokemon move for every pokemon going back to gen 3, so just because you got a Gengar with Giga Drain and it cannot learn that move anymore doesn't mean it was hacked, it just means that it learned it as a TM in Gen 3 or Gen 4, or leanred it as a move tutor attack in Gen 5. Honestly, people NEED to just chill out and realize that the out of the MILLIONS of people playing these games that people have figured out ways to get moves and combinations onto pokemon that you may never have known was possible. If you get a pokemon that has a move it "shouldn't" have, go check the complete move lists for the last 3 gens (and keeping in mind, even some games in the same gen like Saphire and LEaf Green, have different level up moves between the games in some cases) and not just the current gen.

Years
    Why not start playing now even if you don't have your planned team? You've only got a couple more weeks to get teh Torchic holding the Blazikenite before it's gone forever. After January 15 it will no longer be available

Already got the Torchic. Even started collecting pokemon. But there is only so much I can do before I need my starters :)

Years
    So while it's next to impossible that this will happen, WHAT IF nintendo, after much deliberation, simply decided to not reinstate Pokebank at all? Would it be that terrible? Don't get me wrong, I get how much it would absolutely suck to not be able to bring your old pokemon from previous games to X and Y, HOWEVER, having said that, it's not the end of the Pokemon world, really.

Pokemon Bank was open just long enough for all the unobtainable pokemon to get released into the wilds of Kalos, and thanks to this handy dandy list, we know exactly which pokemon we need to complete our pokedex: https://www.serebii.net/xy/unobtainable.shtml

so between breeding and trading, it will still be possible to get all of them. Starting from scratch would suck (although not so for those of us that either just started or started again after a hiatus with X and Y. We would be starting from scratch no matter what) but there's no pokemon that are lost to the ether.

How would you feel if Nintendo simply decided to not go ahead with Pokebank since it effectively shut down practically everything? Would you be devastated? Would you not care? Would you be thankful it was open just long enough to bring breedable pokemon from the older games so that at least you can get a VERSION of your favourite pokemon again, ever if you need to start all over again?
    I would feel sad cause I want to bring my old Pokemon to X&Y.

I don't think this will happen. I mean, according to them, the app is ready. I think they're just waiting for the holiday season to be over. OR
    I honestly refuse to think that the e-shop trafficing and flooding is the major reason for the Poekbank's delay and removal. Delay could have been ok but to remove it from Japanese e-shops means that they might be trying to update it. An early release in Japan might also be more than just an early service for the company's local country but possibly a test. They might be using the E-shop traffic as a cover for what they might actually be doing.

This isn't a first. After everyone's reports of a game breaking cheat program, game freak stopped all rating matches and only stated that it was some problem in their server. After a new update was released, the ratings were eventually put back, however, the update has somehow managed to render the cheat program useless and the update mentioned nothing about this other than, "fixes a communication problem."

We'll see what happens after the Pokebanks are finally reannounced. There is one thing I am sure of. They will not delay the app for too long.

This ^

I really don't understand this and I hate players like that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday

Not everyone is into completing the National Pokedex. And I have about 75 or so Pokemon that are ready for battle that I wanna trasnfer. That's a lot of breeding and EV training, and I would rather not have all that work go to waste. And I like MY Zekrom.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    This is ridiculous. Sort it out, Nintendo. What an unprofessional and stupid move by them. They seriously didn't expect a high traffic at Christmas time... world wide... for a much-anticipated app for the DS? Idiots.

Anyway, I've been wondering. Say I traded all my Pokemon from Y to Pokemon Bank, then did a new game... would I lose all my Pokemon Bank Pokemon or would they be accessible?

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Not everyone is into completing the National Pokedex. And I have about 75 or so Pokemon that are ready for battle that I wanna trasnfer. That's a lot of breeding and EV training, and I would rather not have all that work go to waste. And I like MY Zekrom.
    Sadly, I am quite interested in the reward for completing the national pokedex. After successfully catching/seeing 672 pokemon, I realized that I hit a dead end cause the remaining ones are all legendaries that are almost impossible to get through trading right now.

I still don't quite understand the criteria of finding a fake/hacked pokemon, I always thought that the pentagon was meant to be the hack checker.
    BTW, I got the pokemon unown that is inside a premier ball. Is that one a hacked pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I thought that but I wasn't sure if the Pokemon Bank account was linked to the game cartridge, so resetting the saved game may wipe it out... so I was just making sure.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Sadly, I am quite interested in the reward for completing the national pokedex. After successfully catching/seeing 672 pokemon, I realized that I hit a dead end cause the remaining ones are all legendaries that are almost impossible to get through trading right now.

I still don't quite understand the criteria of finding a fake/hacked pokemon, I always thought that the pentagon was meant to be the hack checker.
    BTW, I got the pokemon unown that is inside a premier ball. Is that one a hacked pokemon?

Howmander's main point in the post I quoted was that we could still complete the National Pokedex since all the Japanese and Korean players were able to transfer (and breed) the Pokemon unobtainable in Kalos, and that we should just re-breed and re-train all the Pokemon we can't bring up (assuming that the Bank is postponed for a very long time). But for people like me, who don't care about the National Dex anymore, it's rather irritating that I can't transfer up the Pokemon that I spent a lot of time and effort on.

The blue pentagon has nothing to do with whether a Pokemon is hacked or not. All the blue pentagon means is that the Pokemon was born in Kalos. If it lacks the blue pentagon, it came from another region (via the PokeBank). That Unown you have is probably not hacked. Ever since Gen 3, its been possible to get Premier Balls, and it probably came from a person who had the Bank while it was up. Is the Unown either Japanese or Korean?

And I hope you can complete the National Dex. With 672 caught, you only have like another 50 left. That's pretty close.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Howmander's main point in the post I quoted was that we could still complete the National Pokedex since all the Japanese and Korean players were able to transfer (and breed) the Pokemon unobtainable in Kalos, and that we should just re-breed and re-train all the Pokemon we can't bring up (assuming that the Bank is postponed for a very long time). But for people like me, who don't care about the National Dex anymore, it's rather irritating that I can't transfer up the Pokemon that I spent a lot of time and effort on.

The blue pentagon has nothing to do with whether a Pokemon is hacked or not. All the blue pentagon means is that the Pokemon was born in Kalos. If it lacks the blue pentagon, it came from another region (via the PokeBank). That Unown you have is probably not hacked. Ever since Gen 3, its been possible to get Premier Balls, and it probably came from a person who had the Bank while it was up. Is the Unown either Japanese or Korean?

And I hope you can complete the National Dex. With 672 caught, you only have like another 50 left. That's pretty close.
    Sorry for missing the point in your discussion, and thanks for elevating my suspicion with my unown authenticity.

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
    Years
    I was really looking forward getting Pokemon Bank yesterday, and I am just really disappointed that I have to wait until an undecided date to download it...The should give us a free year of Pokemon Bank, just for pulling it from the eShop.

Back