• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Let's hope they have experienced personnel working on it and fix that soon and don't take a whole year.

Years
    Lol. Well, I wonder if Gamefreak is worried alittle. It is there downloadable (I beileve). And GF loves to realease Pokemon games every year now. If Pokebank is delayed longer, I think GF will realease there next game later thsn it was originally planned (Tho that might not be a bad thing, We need a post game lol and the X and Y did have a few glitchs). Not sure tho

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Like allowing us to also download a shaymin along with the celebi, that would be a good compensation, probably.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Lol. Well, I wonder if Gamefreak is worried alittle. It is there downloadable (I beileve). And GF loves to realease Pokemon games every year now. If Pokebank is delayed longer, I think GF will realease there next game later thsn it was originally planned (Tho that might not be a bad thing, We need a post game lol and the X and Y did have a few glitchs). Not sure tho

Its third Party and ran through TPC mostly. Gamefreak may have helped with the development, but since its being mostly streamed through Nintendo, the juristiction would be placed under TPC who controls all marketing aspects of the Pokemon franchise. Though, no this will not impact the development or release of another game(still have a year and a half roughly anyway) as the Bank is finished and needs no more actual work on the main system. The issue is with third party maintenance.

I'm praying for a compensation for people who didn't download the Bank yet... I know it's not gonna happen, but one can dream.

Like allowing us to also download a shaymin along with the celebi, that would be a good compensation, probably.

We're not really entitled to any form of compensation beyond extended advertising. We already get a free Celebi and a month's free trial. If anything they'll just extend the trial. Its an add on that isn't crucial to the game nor does it really impede any game development or play-ability.

If it cost anything to actually buy from the Nintendo store, they may run it as free, but that's the most I can see happening.

Years
    We're not really entitled to any form of compensation beyond extended advertising. We already get a free Celebi and a month's free trial. If anything they'll just extend the trial. Its an add on that isn't crucial to the game nor does it really impede any game development or play-ability.

Oh, I know we're not entitled to it.

But the delay has left millions of gamers upset regardless. Flash forward 1 fortnight and those who haven't downloaded the application are still completely left in the dark. Again, I know we're not entitled to it, and it's only a wishful thinking, but it would at least be considerate of them to compensate us, especially after heavily advertising a December 27 release for months.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh, I know we're not entitled to it.

But the delay has left millions of gamers upset regardless. Flash forward 1 fortnight and those who haven't downloaded the application are still completely left in the dark. Again, I know we're not entitled to it, and it's only a wishful thinking, but it would at least be considerate of them to compensate us.

There's nothing to compensate for though. Lack of the bank as an add on doesn't impede gameplay in any way shape or form. Even before that you couldn't get the missing Pokemon outside of possible event releases, so saying that others who have it creates an unfair advantage is untrue. Same thing if you add in the fact you can easily trade for some of the missing ones.

There's no need for compensation, nor do we need anything for it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    There's nothing to compensate for though. Lack of the bank as an add on doesn't impede gameplay in any way shape or form. Even before that you couldn't get the missing Pokemon outside of possible event releases, so saying that others who have it creates an unfair advantage is untrue. Same thing if you add in the fact you can easily trade for some of the missing ones.

It would help to offset the bad press they're getting though.

Years

I think there is. The extra time that people without the Bank are waiting for alone is something to compensate in my opinion. There's no doubt that they ****ed up.

But I doubt I'll ever be able to convince you anyways. I think this is just down to difference of opinion, let's leave it at that. I think your opinion is the minority but I respect your opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It would help to offset the bad press they're getting though.

It really wouldn't. That's just buying fans which is worse in the larger scheme of things. Complaints aren't really bad press. They get a ton of good reviews to easily outweigh a few disgruntled and greedy fans. This happens for everyone. You open a minute late and you are the worst store on the planet. You don't bless someone after they sneeze and you are the most horrible person on the planet. You say happy holidays instead of merry christmas you ruined that persons holidays. This is about the amount of power that these complaints hold.

When the bank releases, people will still complain about how long it took to release for a few days, then everyone will just leave it be until the find the next thing to complain about. This is the premises of both Sony and Microsoft complaints. A majority of their complaints are exactly like this. The only time they ever offer compensation is when there is a really bad fault, like the hacking incidents. Microsoft hardly ever compensated...and Steam....Steam is practically the devil when it comes to horrible customer support, yet they get a ton of traffic because of the games they have.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    It really wouldn't. That's just buying fans which is worse in the larger scheme of things. Complaints aren't really bad press. They get a ton of good reviews to easily outweigh a few disgruntled and greedy fans. This happens for everyone. You open a minute late and you are the worst store on the planet. You don't bless someone after they sneeze and you are the most horrible person on the planet. You say happy holidays instead of merry christmas you ruined that persons holidays. This is about the amount of power that these complaints hold.

When the bank releases, people will still complain about how long it took to release for a few days, then everyone will just leave it be until the find the next thing to complain about. This is the premises of both Sony and Microsoft complaints. A majority of their complaints are exactly like this. The only time they ever offer compensation is when there is a really bad fault, like the hacking incidents. Microsoft hardly ever compensated...and Steam....Steam is practically the devil when it comes to horrible customer support, yet they get a ton of traffic because of the games they have.

You're right of course; it's only the die-hard fans that actually care about this, and they will carry on buying the franchise regardless. But Nintendo have compensated fans before when it wasn't really necessary - recall the Ambassador Program. Yes, this was to do with the 3DS in general and not some specific piece of downloadable content for one particular game, but the sentiment is the same. Nintendo are the good guys of the gaming world, and maybe maintaining this image is important enough to warrant "compensation" for this server malfunction. Even if it's only extending the free trial period to two months, or something similar.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    You're right of course; it's only the die-hard fans that actually care about this, and they will carry on buying the franchise regardless. But Nintendo have compensated fans before when it wasn't really necessary - recall the Ambassador Program. Yes, this was to do with the 3DS in general and not some specific piece of downloadable content for one particular game, but the sentiment is the same. Nintendo are the good guys of the gaming world, and maybe maintaining this image is important enough to warrant "compensation" for this server malfunction. Even if it's only extending the free trial period to two months, or something similar.

The Ambassador program wasn't compensation and wasn't meant as such. It was a reward for being a large enough fan to get the 3DS when it was full priced. (I am an ambassador program user). It wasn't to compensate me spending exactly what I expected to pay, it was a bonus for being a fan of the company, they even worded it as an added bonus for getting it then rather than waiting and this even increased their sales slightly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The Ambassador program wasn't compensation and wasn't meant as such. It was a reward for being a large enough fan to get the 3DS when it was full priced. (I am an ambassador program user). It wasn't to compensate me spending exactly what I expected to pay, it was a bonus for being a fan of the company, they even worded it as an added bonus for getting it then rather than waiting and this even increased their sales slightly.

It was definitely meant as compensation, regardless of whether they phrased it as such :P A "reward for being a large enough fan to get the 3DS when it was full priced" is just another way of saying "compensation for missing out on getting the 3DS when the price had been cut". Such a large price drop was bound to irritate people who had bought the 3DS at full price, and the Ambassador Program was clearly meant as a pre-emptive strike to quash any potential uproar. And it definitely worked; as an ambassador and Fire Emblem fan, just the Fire Emblem game was enough compensation for the extra money I spent. The increase in sales just proves that it was a successful move, and if it worked back then, why not now?

jollyninetails

Emperor of Scandinavia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2014
    Hmm. So The pokebank release is still TBA.
    And setting up servers is something I expect they could have done by "a snap of their fingers".
    So what's the problem? Corporate paper mill stuff? The would be result of uploading hacked/software created pokemon? (I have some on Pokemon Black 2. That I could not get other vice, Meloetta to mention one. But she stays there.)

They probably do not want the fans/customers to go "Mass Effect" over this, So playing it super safe is what they do. I just wish they would be more open about it.

Years
    I suspect they are trying to set up new servers and split the routing of networks between servers. When the poke bank sent live by the time I was aware, I couldn't game sync or log onto my global link account and sync my card because the server was busy. I didn't try to check my Nintendo network thing ( the thing they urged you to sign up for before the release of the bank ) but I'm sure it suffered some issues too. The gts was functioning properly but where I think they got stopped at was the Nintendo network sign up. If 10,000,000 people ( example amount ) are trying to register for the new network system the same night as the bank is released at the same time = failing servers. To Nintendo this may seem like a big " No, stop right there " because while pokemon may be one of the biggest and most lasting franchise that Nintendo has, they also have other fan bases to cater to and can't have their new universal program being clogged because of one video game.
    I'm pretty sure if 80% of the people who will be downloading the bank have already registered their Nintendo network and synced up their cards to the global link that they could put the bank out their today and it would run smooth but Nintendo might be looking at it as too much of risk and need factual number based proof that it won't happen again.
    This is my theory

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    why dont they open up the servers to specific regions of the U.S. and other countries? this is taking far too long and its frustrating me. Nintendo has tons of money! spend it on something that can get you even MORE money! nintendo is about to loose some fans.

they still have the QR code on their website but its has no download but its on the eshop

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I really don't think it's servers. I remember the release of many video games that launch and have server issues. Diablo 3 was the most irritating, due enormous wait time for release, $100 price tag I paid and the server failure.

A lot of games and companies have server problems, if that was the problem with Pokébank it should be out already. Complete shutdown doesn't even make sense. No other part of Nintendo or Pokémon is shut down.

Years
    I really don't think it's servers. I remember the release of many video games that launch and have server issues. Diablo 3 was the most irritating, due enormous wait time for release, $100 price tag I paid and the server failure.

A lot of games and companies have server problems, if that was the problem with Pokébank it should be out already. Complete shutdown doesn't even make sense. No other part of Nintendo or Pokémon is shut down.
    but it is nintendo and they should just go ahead and release it world wide.

Back