• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    At this point, I wish they had just made an in-game transfer type of deal and not even worry about the Bank part. I mainly want to transfer. But I guess we couldn't have that because we went from DS to 3DS games, but you think they'd make it work considering you can use a 3DS with a DS game to trade with another DS game. And the Game Boy games could trade with the Game Boy Color games. So...yeah.

I've got a Pokedex lacking some legendaries that require transfer, so at this point, I'm really having to hunt for people that have what I need just for the Dex entries. All the ones I need now I would have been able to transfer. Sob sob. So close.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the lack of news as well. I don't really mind waiting that much (I waited 2 years of the new Godzilla movie being pushed back from 2012 to 2014), but I put a lot of value in a company's connection with their fans and to be left in the dark like this is pretty annoying. I just hope they get things sorted out soon and I hope the Celebi event gets extra time or something.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    At this point, I wish they had just made an in-game transfer type of deal and not even worry about the Bank part. I mainly want to transfer. But I guess we couldn't have that because we went from DS to 3DS games, but you think they'd make it work considering you can use a 3DS with a DS game to trade with another DS game. And the Game Boy games could trade with the Game Boy Color games. So...yeah.

I've got a Pokedex lacking some legendaries that require transfer, so at this point, I'm really having to hunt for people that have what I need just for the Dex entries. All the ones I need now I would have been able to transfer. Sob sob. So close.

I wish they had just done an internal transfer with the game to begin with as well. I'm getting really frustrated with Nintendo at this point, as many are. I don't even want to keep my Pokemon on the Bank; at this point I simply want to use it to get my old Pokemon over to X & Y.

I really think with all the delaying that they're doing they'll lose many sales. Think about all the kids who got it for Christmas, by the time the Pokemon Bank comes out (if ever), many may have lost interest in it...

Heck, we've already been waiting since October! Also still waiting on the actual guidebook with the Pokedex to come out in early February. Ugh.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    While I agree that an in-game transfer method would be better in some ways, it is nice that you can save your Pokémon on a cloud so if you wanna start over, you don't have to trade with yourself or someone else while you start over, and more importantly, you can transfer them in bunches at once. Transferring 6 at a time really sucks when you got 80+ pokes to send.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    ... you think they'd make it work considering you can use a 3DS with a DS game to trade with another DS game. And the Game Boy games could trade with the Game Boy Color games. So...yeah.

That doesn't exactly mean 3DS games can communicate with DS games. You could use two Gameboy Advances to trade between two Gameboy (Color) games, and between two Gameboy Advance games, but not between a Gameboy game and a Gameboy Advance game. Gameboy and Gameboy Color had the same communication protocol and used the same cables. Gameboy Advance had a whole different communication protocol, which is faster, but incompatible with Gameboy and Gameboy Color, the same goes for the cable, and Nintendo for some reason forgot to allow Gameboy Advance games to use the original cables and communication protocol. Maybe the DS and 3DS, while they both use Wi-Fi, have different communication protocols and 3DS games can't use the DS's one.

I really can't see the transfer being in-game, however, what there's proof for is that it is possible to transfer Pokémon entirely offline via a 3DS app: 3DS apps can read and write both 3DS saves (example: the app that copies save files from carts to digital copies) and DS saves (example: Pokémon Dream Radar). There's no reason they can't release a version of Pokémon Transfer that keeps the transfer box on the SD card, except for them wanting to put a feature that was an integral part of previous installments (except for that one time when it was technically impossible) behind a paywall.

Years
    I think one reason they did Pokemon Bank is because of the future Pokemon games. With Pokemon Bank they don't have to create in-game transfer tools for every game. They can just maintain the Bank. I'd rather wait 1 year for the Bank than having an in-game transfer tool and transfer 6 Pokemon at a time. It'd be a pain in the neck. I want to transfer a lot of Pokemon to X&Y.

Also, I think that they indeed have problems with their servers. Today was my first day I tried Game Sync and Global Link and I just couldn't connect my game because it was saying that the servers were too busy. I don't want to face similar things when the Bank is out. They better take their time so the final product is ready. I can wait.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Kinda sad how they've released PokéBank in Japan, but not anywhere else. X/Y was a global release, but I can see why they wouldn't globally release it. It would cause too much server stress, but I don't want to wait a near whole month just for it.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Well, I can officially say that I've come to terms with the possibility that Pokemon Bank may never actually be released. It'll be nice if it does, but meh, I'm not holding my breath for it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Well, I can officially say that I've come to terms with the possibility that Pokemon Bank may never actually be released. It'll be nice if it does, but meh, I'm not holding my breath for it.
    Search PokéBank on Twitter, it's officially out in Japan.

EDIT: Ninja'd. :P

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Kinda sad how they've released PokéBank in Japan, but not anywhere else. X/Y was a global release, but I can see why they wouldn't globally release it. It would cause too much server stress, but I don't want to wait a near whole month just for it.
    Because Japan was set to get it first (a couple days before us), and that's when everything died, so they decided to pull it but only after it had its brief release in Japan. Had the US been first, then it would be the other way around. I don't think they intended to only release it on one region, although the delay is going on for too long as it is (but I assume there's a reason for that).

Years
    Is that info legit (and not old)? If it is, I really hope that means the rest of the world will get the Bank and Transporter sometime this week.

Not joking, saw couple anons in 4chan posting themselves downloading it in their Japanese 3ds. (And according to Zeratul couple twitters from Japan confirms it as well)

I really hope it comes out here in couple days as the original release dates weren't far apart.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    At this point I don't even want to download it. First off, I don't feel like paying Nintendo for a service (Pokemon migration) that has been free in every single Pokemon game. I don't care how little money it is, it's just a sleazy cash-grab on their part.

Plus, they have proven through their ineptitude and refusal to release the software (I don't buy that there have been technical issues for one second, the Japanese people who downloaded it are using it just fine) that they don't deserve my money for this application.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    At this point I don't even want to download it. First off, I don't feel like paying Nintendo for a service (Pokemon migration) that has been free in every single Pokemon game. I don't care how little money it is, it's just a sleazy cash-grab on their part.

Plus, they have proven through their ineptitude and refusal to release the software (I don't buy that there have been technical issues for one second, the Japanese people who downloaded it are using it just fine) that they don't deserve my money for this application.

We should still be getting that free trial. I'm not exactly happy with how Nintendo's handled the situation either, but I'll still use it, at least for a while.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    On a PKMN Skype group where I'm a member of, someone has downloaded the PKMN Bank in Japan.
    Or at least, his 3DS' region is of Japan. Not sure. Meh~
    Spoiler:

Also, he mentioned that PokéBank has an update, v1.1

He's currently testing if hacked mons can go through the Bank.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    I'm glad it's back up in Japan. Hopefully this means other countries will be getting it soon!

Years
    Well, if this is true then it's great news! If the Bank is out in Japan then I guess we'll get it in a couple of days or next week! :)

I am excited again haha

Back