• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    I'm just too curious though, sorry for this, I got a Meloetta on Pokedit and put it in the second batch of Pokemon that I will be transferring, while hoping that it won't get through the transporter, and guess what? It got through and I was like WTF? O_O

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
    I finally finished transferring all my Pokemon from Black 2, and now my XY National Pokedex is fully complete. Got the Oval and Shiny Charm, but knowing me, I probably still won't find any shinies. xD

What weirded me out, was that my TRU Manaphy was the only Pokemon that didn't make it through the check, and I legit got it at Toys R Us. Luckily I still had a Manaphy egg in SoulSilver, along with one from Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. I just find it weird, considering I have a few gen'd Pokemon that made it through without a problem.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I finally finished transferring all my Pokemon from Black 2, and now my XY National Pokedex is fully complete. Got the Oval and Shiny Charm, but knowing me, I probably still won't find any shinies. xD

What weirded me out, was that my TRU Manaphy was the only Pokemon that didn't make it through the check, and I legit got it at Toys R Us. Luckily I still had a Manaphy egg in SoulSilver, along with one from Pokemon Ranger Guardian Signs. I just find it weird, considering I have a few gen'd Pokemon that made it through without a problem.

What is it's ID No? (extra text so the message will send)

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    It seems like the majority of people that were waiting for the bank had all been playing BW/B2W2. I had been avoiding these games until I realized they're necessary for transferring up Gen. 4 pokemon.

I was really hoping they'd set up PokeTransfer to work directly with Gen 4 games. I've been trudging through my previously neglected copy of White, trying to surpass the E4 to get to the Transfer Lab. Time consuming, and unfortunate for White as I'm hardly paying attention to the story and just ignoring half of the pokemon I'm encountering.

I'm excited to get back on my copy of Y and see how crazy wonder trade has become! I hope someone is throwing around Manaphys and other Legendaries.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    <p>
    I am hoping to actually do the same thing! However it's been a bit hard to pull off for me. :D </p><p>As for the bank itself, I'm sure it'll get good use since we all waited so long for it!!
    </p><p> </p><p>so far I have a full Charmander line, caterpie line, and weedle line in place. It'll be a long time in the making I think with 700 ish to go at now!!!</p>

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hopefully it will be patched so that hacked and fake Pokémon can't get through. If this doesn't happen, I think the games will be in serious trouble - at least where trading is concerned.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
    It's not a big deal to me, I do kinda feel for kids who have no way of paying for it, but it's not like Pokemon Box or any of the other equivalences were openly available to everyone easily, either...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    It's not a big deal to me, I do kinda feel for kids who have no way of paying for it, but it's not like Pokemon Box or any of the other equivalences were openly available to everyone easily, either...

Well its not like you can ONLY pay for it with a credit card, I was able to use me Nintendo eShop credits to open my free trial, which itself I got for free because I got the deluxe Wii U where you get points every time you buy a digital game and you can use those points to cash in for $ credits, so it seems as though you can just get a gift certificate for the eShop from any game store, load it onto your account and then use it to pay for your Pokebank membership. And it's only $5 a year, so even if you are a kid with no money, surely if your parents boguth you a game system and a game they could be convinced to also buy you a $5 gift certificate at least once a year. :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokemon bank came out on 2/6/14!!! 2 Days ago!!!
    Tell my what you think will happen with pokemon bank in later months and days!

~Turek13

Sub here!
    ( youtube.com/turek13doesroblox )

Like others said, I'd really like to see it get patched. d: Hopefully, this could improve Bank's security and prevent more hacked Pokémon from getting through. Also, there's already a thread on PokéBank by the way, so I'm merging yours with that!

Merged.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It's an event one...

Anyways I tried naming a Pokémon Kairi (Zygarde) and it didn't say anything about the name...(it did when I tried to name one after my sister but I can guess why considering my sisters name (it's spanish) is one letter away from a bad word in english) now I wonder if PokéBank glitched during the transfer of my Kyogre.

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
    Well its not like you can ONLY pay for it with a credit card, I was able to use me Nintendo eShop credits to open my free trial, which itself I got for free because I got the deluxe Wii U where you get points every time you buy a digital game and you can use those points to cash in for $ credits, so it seems as though you can just get a gift certificate for the eShop from any game store, load it onto your account and then use it to pay for your Pokebank membership. And it's only $5 a year, so even if you are a kid with no money, surely if your parents boguth you a game system and a game they could be convinced to also buy you a $5 gift certificate at least once a year. :D

Fair points, but I know when I was a kid, even if I paid my parents, they were very hesitant about allowing me to use their credit card for things like that...Those Nintendo eShop credits you mention, are they the credits you get when you register your products?...:D...Last time I cashed mine in, I got free LoZ posters...^_^...

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
    In regards to fifth gen Pokémon being transferred to sixth gen, what happens if you attempt to transfer a 'hacked' Pokémon without knowledge do you receive a penalty or something similar?

I ask this as I did a lot of trading with fifth gen and received many Pokémon that I would like to transport over but I don't know for a fact that they're legit.

If it just says said Pokémon can not to transferred without any penalty towards me then that's fine.
    Thanks for anyone that's attempted this to confirm.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
    In regards to fifth gen Pokémon being transferred to sixth gen, what happens if you attempt to transfer a 'hacked' Pokémon without knowledge do you receive a penalty or something similar?

I ask this as I did a lot of trading with fifth gen and received many Pokémon that I would like to transport over but I don't know for a fact that they're legit.

If it just says said Pokémon can not to transferred without any penalty towards me then that's fine.
    Thanks for anyone that's attempted this to confirm.

It will say that at least one poke couldnt be transfered.Thats all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Fair points, but I know when I was a kid, even if I paid my parents, they were very hesitant about allowing me to use their credit card for things like that...Those Nintendo eShop credits you mention, are they the credits you get when you register your products?...:D...Last time I cashed mine in, I got free LoZ posters...^_^...

Nope, those are your Club Nintendo Points that allow you to redeem for products (you get those whenever you get a new console or game with the little inserts in them with a code, or when you buy them digitally the points are automatically added to your account)

What I'm talking about is an exclusive program only offered to people who bought the Deluxe Wii U set within (I think) the first year of it coming out. Whenever you buy a digital game or Virtual Console game for the Wii U, you get 10% back in points (so if you bought a game for $59.99, you get 599 points. You can then cash in the points you acquire in $5 increments (500 points = $5) the only problem with me was that I prefer buying physical games instead of digital ones, and all the virtual console games I wanted for the Wii U I already had for the Wii, so every game I re bought had been reduced from $5 or $8 down to $1 or $1.50 (you get a big discount if you already owned virtual console games for Wii) so because of that, it took almost 8 months to accumulate that $5, but it eventually paid off!

Also, you can go into any game store and buy the eShop gift cards and use that, apparently. (The Wii U Deluxe credits and the eShop gift card are all the same currency, so if you get some on a card, some on the deluxe Wii U program, some money added onto your account via a credit card, it ALL goes into the same pool of dollars)

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    I'll be subscribing to bank purely to retain a complete national dex when I get it.

I currently have about 110 Pokémon in my bank spanning all 6 generations. I've been calculating where to place them so they're in their numbered spots.
    Think I'll manage it in some time :) It'll mean come next game I'll move all my boxes and finished national dex is done as I'll have one of everything! Then I'll transfer the ones I'll use and rebank my living pokedex

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
    Years
    I am loving the Poke Bank! I never got around to playing a Pokemon game since FireRed. So to have the ability to bring in all these Pokemon i have yet to interact with is rather fascinating.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    I'm just hoping that Bank doesn't mean that my 2nd hand Black2 from eBay comes with no Pokémon on!
    I have 2x Pokémon Y and the one I got second hand (intending to play through again) was LOADED with IV bred pokes, and also had Mewtwo. And hadn't caught Zygarde yet! Managed to bag myself quite a few dex entries and bank legends through that!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So, guys, when your trial ends, do you plan on continue keeping PokéBank by paying subscription fee, or are you done with transferring all your Pokémon already and going to cancel it?

Back