• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Next Tuesday for Japan, and Next Thursday for the US and Europe I believe.

So this probably means we'll start seeing all the other pokemon in wonder trades starting Tuesday? I don't have the older games anymore, and I can't wait to see the other old ones again.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • The idea of gettin Japanese BANK Pokemon before their release in US sounds Amazing.

Wonder Trade Karma will pay off!

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    Tuesday im going to try to get a mudkip.

Same here! Any of those other starters would be fine with me actually. I'm excited.

Question for you guys-
    With it being an app, and having developers and what not testing it, are you guys surprised that we are so close to the release date and no pokemon have slipped through the cracks early? I'm always looking for posts from people that may have come across one on wonder trade or something, but I never see any! It surprises me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Same here! Any of those other starters would be fine with me actually. I'm excited.

Question for you guys-
    With it being an app, and having developers and what not testing it, are you guys surprised that we are so close to the release date and no pokemon have slipped through the cracks early? I'm always looking for posts from people that may have come across one on wonder trade or something, but I never see any! It surprises me.

It's probably better that way. If we haven't heard of any pokemon slipping through, then that means the system's airtight and hackers will have a hard time screwing with it.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I'm very excited for the Pokemon bank, I'm looking forward to transferring all my favourite pokemon from my Soul Silver so that I can restart that game. xD It'll be great to be able to restart games and save all of my Pokemon somewhere.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm very excited for the Pokemon bank, I'm looking forward to transferring all my favourite pokemon from my Soul Silver so that I can restart that game. xD It'll be great to be able to restart games and save all of my Pokemon somewhere.

You have to transfer to Black and White/ Black 2 and White 2 before you can transfer to Pokemon X and Y. The transporter doesn't work on any Gen 4 game.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    It's good we will have PB for next week; but I would like to know if the celebi will be picked like other event pokemon at the pokemon center allowing us to SR for stats and nature like other event pokemon or if it will have set nature and stats the moment you access pokemon bank?

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    Say I didn't recieve my Sceptile from a previous gen, on my White 2; would I be able to deposit him to the PokeBank or will he throw some error sign? Being able to transfer Pokes from Pokegen is what I'm basically saying.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    Say I didn't recieve my Sceptile from a previous gen, on my White 2; would I be able to deposit him to the PokeBank or will he throw some error sign? Being able to transfer Pokes from Pokegen is what I'm basically saying.

As far as I can tell from the FAQ's, pokemon from Pokegen will not be able to be transferred to Pokebank. Nintendo has put measures into place to keep hacked pokemon from transferring.

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    As far as I can tell from the FAQ's, pokemon from Pokegen will not be able to be transferred to Pokebank. Nintendo has put measures into place to keep hacked pokemon from transferring.

Gotcha. Sorry I'm more of a post first search later kind of guy. So Pokegen is considered hack... what if I breed that Sceptile with a Ditto, ya know, hatch it legit? Would i be able to deposit the newly hatched Treecko?

I appreciate the reply

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Gotcha. Sorry I'm more of a post first search later kind of guy. So Pokegen is considered hack... what if I breed that Sceptile with a Ditto, ya know, hatch it legit? Would i be able to deposit the newly hatched Treecko?

I appreciate the reply

Yeah, you should be able to transfer the Treecko. One of the parents may be hacked, but since the baby is legit, it should be fine.

And if Pokegen Pokemon aren't transferrable...I might have to breed and raise and additional 4 or 5 pokes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I was reading the update that you had to have a Nintendo Network ID to use Pokemon Bank. To make one the set up can be found in the system settings after you update your 3DS to the latest software. Just a reminder so you dont have to go through the process when you download Pokemon Bank!

Years
  • Does anyone think they are releasing in Europe, North America and Oceania on the 27th rather than 25th because its Christmas and Boxing day, The time seems to short for it to be that they are not fully translated yet.
    That reminds I really need to crack on breeding the rest of the starters from previous gens lol.

Outlier

Will the original Black & White games work for Pokebank. Or do you need B/W 2?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Will the original Black & White games work for Pokebank. Or do you need B/W 2?

PokeBank and Transporter works with any Gen 5 game, so yes, you can use it with your Black/White.

On another note, I'm curious to see if any of the PokeBank only Pokemon get any good new moves. Will Black Kyurem finally get a not crappy physical ice attack?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I don't know if I would necessarily use it. Maybe to get Celebi, but none of the pokemon you put in the Pokebank are allowed to hold any items so if you have a strategy that requires a certain item you either will have to still trade them 1 by one from game to game or send them via pokebank to the new game, but then have to find the items all over again. I hate that idea. Why would they not allow you to hold items?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't know if I would necessarily use it. Maybe to get Celebi, but none of the pokemon you put in the Pokebank are allowed to hold any items so if you have a strategy that requires a certain item you either will have to still trade them 1 by one from game to game or send them via pokebank to the new game, but then have to find the items all over again. I hate that idea. Why would they not allow you to hold items?

To prevent items who changed IDs across games. Such as Pokeballs that no longer exist in the game. Pokemon caught in Apricorn Balls change to regular Pokeballs in games that they are not in the coding for. Items have been swapped around within the game's internal code, so while Item 00 may be a Masterball in one game, it can be an Everstone in another.

This would cause an issue as you essentially lose the item either way, either by not being able to trade it over or it not being available.

They may not want specific items to come over as well to give them a little more focus in the next game and giving another reason to get that game so you could have that item to send back to the game that started the generation. Like in the instance that there is a Remake, there are 14 berries that are not in X and Y that could be traded over.

This is also to prevent people from mass producing items easily and just resetting on optional games

Back