• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I suppose that makes sense from the standpoint of old games going to the current X and Y, but if things are essentially starting fresh with the new Gen, couldn't the coding of items start now and stuff that's in X and Y forward be allowed? (obviously you have no way of knowing since you don't work for Gamefreak, it's more rhetorical) It just sucks that certain items that it takes you a long time to find or win was for nothing as soon as the new game comes out. I mean, it's pretty obviousl you'll be able to trade between X and Y and Z, (and whatever possible remake there is rumoured to be made) but what if Z is set in a new region, and they remake Saphire/Ruby and in order to go between Kalos, the Z region and Ruby/Saphire you can ONLY do it via the poke bank? Obviously it's super unlikely, but again, all the time and effort you put into finding dozens and dozens of hold items for your pokemon in Kalos was for no reason whatsoever because you have to use the pokebank for the new games. Obviously that's an extreme example and very unlikely, however in a few years that situation would in fact happen so wouldn't you feel cheated to see all the time and effort you dedicated in order to get some hard to find items or a lot of good items for specific strategies just go to waste?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The whole you can't transfer items thing doesn't really bother me, since you can get all those items again in the game (many of them from the Battle Maison). But there is one thing that irks me: Leftovers. We get only 1 Leftovers in the entire game, but I need more than one Lefties because its one of the best items out there. Several of my Pokemon like it, and its a bit annyoing juggling my only Leftovers between them all.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I love the idea , it's pretty cool that the bank will probably be a permanent assessory to pokemon games to come

Years
  • I'm rather excited to transfer my old friends from my Black and Black 2 games. And I'm really interested in seeing how the newly available Pokémon will look in their X/Y designs.

I remember thinking how long it would take to wait for PB to be released, but the moment's almost upon us. :D

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The whole you can't transfer items thing doesn't really bother me, since you can get all those items again in the game (many of them from the Battle Maison). But there is one thing that irks me: Leftovers. We get only 1 Leftovers in the entire game, but I need more than one Lefties because its one of the best items out there. Several of my Pokemon like it, and its a bit annyoing juggling my only Leftovers between them all.
    You can get Leftovers with the Pickup ability. That's the one time, Wonder Trade rodents were actually usefull xD

I wonder if there is a way to get Lati@s item, though (forgotten, how its called ^^")

Mostly I will just transfer my teams and all the legendaries I have on W/W2 and maybe some exclusives which I'm missing and I think they're worth breeding.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    You can get Leftovers with the Pickup ability. That's the one time, Wonder Trade rodents were actually usefull xD

I wonder if there is a way to get Lati@s item, though (forgotten, how its called ^^")

Mostly I will just transfer my teams and all the legendaries I have on W/W2 and maybe some exclusives which I'm missing and I think they're worth breeding.

Yeah, but the chances of getting a Leftovers from Pick Up is something like 1% or 2%. I don't have the patience for those kinds of odds.

The Lati item is called Soul Dew. I wonder if they'll make it available again once the Bank is released. maybe via an event?

Years
  • Yeah, but the chances of getting a Leftovers from Pick Up is something like 1% or 2%. I don't have the patience for those kinds of odds.

The Lati item is called Soul Dew. I wonder if they'll make it available again once the Bank is released. maybe via an event?
    i want the mgea stone more then the soul dew

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, haven't looked back on other posts, but can we give our Pokemon held items when transferring them through the old games?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, haven't looked back on other posts, but can we give our Pokemon held items when transferring them through the old games?

Nope, they can't be holding items when you transfer them. Something about item codes varying between games, which could be a problem. They also can't know any HM moves.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I don't think they will use pokemon bank for everything. remember that in previous generations, games always had compatibilities with each other when they were from the same generation and that allowed trading, battling, etc. with the other games. The purpose of pokemon bank is to organize pokemon like in pokemon box of ruby/sapphire, and with poke trasnporter it allows pokemon to be transfered to the pokemon bank from the previous generation games like it was with pokepark and poketransfer from gen IV and V respectively. So, when new games get released, we should probably be able to trade ítems between gen VI games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Nope, they can't be holding items when you transfer them. Something about item codes varying between games, which could be a problem. They also can't know any HM moves.

I did know that items wouldn't be allowed to transfer, but your Pokémon cannot know any HM moves, either? What's the reason behind that? A lot of my Pokémon have HMs, so this'd force me to visit the Move Deleter and get those HMs removed before putting them into PokéBank… sounds like quite a hassle. xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I did know that items wouldn't be allowed to transfer, but your Pokémon cannot know any HM moves, either? What's the reason behind that? A lot of my Pokémon have HMs, so this'd force me to visit the Move Deleter and get those HMs removed before putting them into PokéBank… sounds like quite a hassle. xD

We've never been able to transfer Pokemon with HM moves before, so its nothing new. I did hope that wouldn't be the case this time, but nope. I think the reasoning behind why you can't transfer stuff that knows HM moves is something like this:

You have one and only one Pokemon that knows Surf. You have nothing that can Fly, no PokeBalls, and you're on an island. You then transfer this Surfer away and are stuck on the island, so your only option is to reset the game. I guess that's why they have it like that (although I like to think no one's stupid enough to do something like that). But I'm not sure; I don't think Nintendo or Game Freak has ever given an official explanation for it.

Years
  • We've never been able to transfer Pokemon with HM moves before, so its nothing new. I did hope that wouldn't be the case this time, but nope. I think the reasoning behind why you can't transfer stuff that knows HM moves is something like this:

You have one and only one Pokemon that knows Surf. You have nothing that can Fly, no PokeBalls, and you're on an island. You then transfer this Surfer away and are stuck on the island, so your only option is to reset the game. I guess that's why they have it like that (although I like to think no one's stupid enough to do something like that). But I'm not sure; I don't think Nintendo or Game Freak has ever given an official explanation for it.
    think it because what moves are HM vary from game to game.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • I have Mew in my Black 2. HEHEHE. Can't wait. Hopefully, he's not a problem when I transfer him over to X and Y.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I think the reasoning behind why you can't transfer stuff that knows HM moves is something like this:

Except, to transfer Pokemon in both generations: Gen 5 and 6, they need to be in the box and not in the party. Anyways, a possible reason might be to keep the HM moves exclusive to their respective Generations, though I don't know why classics like Cut, Surf and Fly need to be removed as well.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Anyone else gonna do this? (Pokemon Bank)

So there's 4 more days until Pokemon Bank comes out, and I'm not bothered for breeding and all of that complicated stuff so what I'm going to do is get heaps of perfect IV and max EV pokemon and transfer them onto Black 2. As many of us used to do this method too before Pokemon X/Y came out, some people complained about Pokemon X/Y not having gts. Anyone else gonna transfer there competitive pokemon from past games onto Pokemon X/Y to use them for Wi-Fi battling?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Have gamefreak confirmed or denied the mega Lati twins yet? They looked fake from the leaks I've seen. Really ugly too.

They haven't said anything about the Lati mega evos. Same with the other 3 leaked Pokemon: Diance, Hoopa, and Volcanion. I'm pretty sure that the 3 legendaries are real...but not so much the Lati mega evos.

And Gamefreak likes to pretend that there's no other Pokemon besides the officialy revealed ones, but we've all known thats a bunch of BS since Gen II.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2014
    They don't want you knowing; that stuff is supposed to be secret, after all. That we have talented people cracking open and finding out information from the games is a good thing for us, and a bad thing for them.

It's definitely not to keep the HM moves exclusive; they could easily take measures (i.e. saving at a Pokémon Center) to prevent players from transferring a Pokémon that knows an essential move.

My brain just exploded. Somehow, I don't think their reasons for blocking HM moves from being transferred are well-founded.

I think the reason for not allowing HM moves to transfer to pokebank is simply so that you cannot metagame and bring them into a new game before the player earns the HM. simple as that

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    i want the mgea stone more then the soul dew

it's not even been confirmed that that is real or not though, there's only been the one hacker (as far as I heard) that cracked the game and released pictures of those mega evolutions but no one else, not even gamefreak, has confirmed they actually exist. And really, why would the mega evolution for Latias AND Latios both look exactly the same and be blue? What would be the point? The trio that might be legendary can anecdotally be confirmed via the GTS when you type in pokemon names for trade, but the mega evolutions of Latias and Latios have not yet been confirmed to exist so if they don't, their stones don't either. We'll have to wait and see.

Back