• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • it's not even been confirmed that that is real or not though, there's only been the one hacker (as far as I heard) that cracked the game and released pictures of those mega evolutions but no one else, not even gamefreak, has confirmed they actually exist. And really, why would the mega evolution for Latias AND Latios both look exactly the same and be blue? What would be the point? The trio that might be legendary can anecdotally be confirmed via the GTS when you type in pokemon names for trade, but the mega evolutions of Latias and Latios have not yet been confirmed to exist so if they don't, their stones don't either. We'll have to wait and see.

There's probably been no official word on Lati@s having mega evolutions because they are unaware of that hacker. And they'd only mention it when they're ready to give out the mega stone in an event.

They're most likely real, I mean they also found the 3 legends, I know that they were already revealed on the GTS but the hacker still found them in their game along with mega Lati@s. As for them being the same color, which is purple, not blue is because GF sometimes flop with their designs. Plus blue + red make purple; they'll probably have stat differences and such.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    There's probably been no official word on Lati@s having mega evolutions because they are unaware of that hacker. And they'd only mention it when they're ready to give out the mega stone in an event.

They're most likely real, I mean they also found the 3 legends, I know that they were already revealed on the GTS but the hacker still found them in their game along with mega Lati@s. As for them being the same color, which is purple, not blue is because GF sometimes flop with their designs. Plus blue + red make purple; they'll probably have stat differences and such.

well it's definitely not because they're not aware of the hacker, that's like saying they're not aware of the iphone app that lets you send pokemon to your Black 2 ;-) but I do agree that they wouldn't necessarily mention it until they're ready to give it out in an event, even though they showed Blaziken with the Blazikenite long before the game was even finished. Now, in addition to that hacker, Serebii has also taken apart the coding of the game to the point that they know how many steps it takes to hack a Latias out of an egg (which is impossible, but every pokemon gets a number of hatching steps for some reason) and they too also breifly showed the legendary trio, then took them down, then put them back up but haven't found a legendary stone in the coding for Latias or Latios, so how likely would that be, really? It's possible, but if they too found the trio, but found no mega stone for Latias or Latios (forget the models for mega latios and latias) I mean, that's got to cast some doubt. It does for me at least.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think the reason for not allowing HM moves to transfer to pokebank is simply so that you cannot metagame and bring them into a new game before the player earns the HM. simple as that

Nope. Even if you did bring in a 'mon that knew an HM move, you wouldn't be able to metagame because you couldn't use it until you got the badge that enables it.

It makes sense that they wouldn't want you transferring Pokemon with HM moves because you run the risk of getting stranded in the lower gen game. Imagine, for example, if you were at Cinnabar Island in Pokemon HG/SS, and you PokeTransferred all your Pokemon that know Surf and Fly, and those were the only Pokemon you had in your entire game that could learn them. You'd be stranded and would have to reset your entire game. It's a very very very outlier case, but I'm glad they thought of it, because if they hadn't I'm sure that out of hundreds of millions of players in the world, there would be at least a few poor souls it would happen to.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    I don't mind not being able to transfer HM moves, but they should make it less hassle.

Example:

"[This Pokemon] cannot be traded while it has learned a HM move. Would you like to delete this HM Move from its moveset?"

You click yes, it deletes the move, trade goes ahead as normal. Save a lot of time and hassle.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    Who is holding off online battles until pokebank comes out

So is anyone? I know I am because of the fact that the japanese gets their pokebank on December 25 and its kind of unfair to battle in rating battles with them having pokemons that is not in the kalos region. So what about you guys? Oh yeah merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've already done some WiFi battles (about 125 of 'em, iirc). But I think I'm gonna wait until PokeBank is released in North America before I do any more. Ya know, since I have about 70 battle ready and battle hungry Pokes waiting for me on my Black2.

Last edited:

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • I'm waiting too. Namely because I have a flawless Ditto on White 2 that I could really use right now.

/foreverfailureatbreeding

I can already set up lots of teams with Pokemon from White 2, but I wanna do some breeding with my new Pokemon before I do any Wi-Fi battling.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • I wish i could use pokemon not from kalos for rating battles :( want a kangaskhan with thunder punch, ice punch drain punch and fire punch, that moveset on mega kanga stupidly op

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Honestly with the limited selection before Bank, I thought it'd be easier to win battles. Don't exactly know why I thought that, but I don't think it makes a difference anymore. I don't exactly have battle-ready Pokemon on my other games, so it definitely won't make a difference on my end.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I don't see why that should stop anyone from battling. There really isn't anything that would give someone an advantage that isn't released, apart from maybe Thundurus-I or Landorus-I/T and Cresselia. Everything else is pretty middling or banned from rated. Also, you could just queue for Special Battles, which use VGCs banlist.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So is anyone? I know I am because of the fact that the japanese gets their pokebank on December 25 and its kind of unfair to battle in rating battles with them having pokemons that is not in the kalos region. So what about you guys? Oh yeah merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to all

It does seem a little unfair, but that doesn't really bother me, to be honest. There's a lot of Pokémon available in Kalos at the moment, which are all good enough for online battling, so for now, I could live with those. Just so you know by the way, there's already a thread about PokéBank, so I'm merging your topic with it. Before posting new threads, please do some search to make sure that there isn't anything similar. ^^"

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Would like to know why some US players have already there pokebanked pokemon? :/

Japanese players have access to PokéBank already. Perhaps they traded with them? I'm not exactly sure, but this would be my best guess.

Edit: Nevermind; 루기아 got me to it. xD"

Outlier

So will we get a new Celebi every time we transfer a Pokemon over? Or is it just a one time deal. Will the Celebi have a set nature or is it random?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm pretty sure that it's a one-time only thing, just like all other events. As for nature, I think it could be any. If you want it to have something good, you probably might have to count on your luck. d:

Outlier

Oh that sucks. I hope it has a set nature then at least. Something I can actually use.

Back