• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Oh that sucks. I hope it has a set nature then at least. Something I can actually use.

I'm just hoping you don't get it from the Pokebank but rather from the woman at the pokemon centre that appeared when you got your Torchic. Then you can save right before you talk to her and just keep resetting til you get the nature you want.

Outlier

I'm just hoping you don't get it from the Pokebank but rather from the woman at the pokemon centre that appeared when you got your Torchic. Then you can save right before you talk to her and just keep resetting til you get the nature you want.

Yeah that would be great. I want a Celebi I can use, not just a trophy to sit in my PC and look pretty.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    the hiker in ambrette says that genesect is "rumoured" to have been found in Glittering Cave

how D:

Could be a hint that you should take it there when Pokebank opens up here, see what happens.

Yeah that would be great. I want a Celebi I can use, not just a trophy to sit in my PC and look pretty.

Could always trade it on the GTS till you get one with the nature you want, that's how I got my Sassy Articuno

Last edited:

Outlier

Nah I'm OCD when it comes to Pokemon. I want my Pokemon's OT to be me. Especially once the hackers work their way into the metagame.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Nah I'm OCD when it comes to Pokemon. I want my Pokemon's OT to be me. Especially once the hackers work their way into the metagame.

It likely won't be though, the gift pokemon (like Torchic) have other trainer names that aren't yours, or at least usually do. Torchic had the trainer of XY, the Deoxys for Black 2 and white 2 had Plasma as the original traner, Keldeo hat HVR2013 as the trainer, and so on from there. Even the Jirachi that was given away on the Pokemon Coloseum pre order disk had the trainer name as WISHMKR so while it is possible that Celebii will have your trainer name, historically that hasn't always been the case. I too would prefer all teh legendaries have my trainer ID, but sometimes it's not possible.

Outlier

It likely won't be though, the gift pokemon (like Torchic) have other trainer names that aren't yours, or at least usually do. Torchic had the trainer of XY, the Deoxys for Black 2 and white 2 had Plasma as the original traner, Keldeo hat HVR2013 as the trainer, and so on from there. Even the Jirachi that was given away on the Pokemon Coloseum pre order disk had the trainer name as WISHMKR so while it is possible that Celebii will have your trainer name, historically that hasn't always been the case. I too would prefer all teh legendaries have my trainer ID, but sometimes it's not possible.

What I meant was if I get the Pokemon myself I know it wasn't hacked. Same goes for events so long as I'm the one who accesses the event.

ZRTAssassin

Shiny Hunting
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Pokebank Pokemon

I'm getting starters from previous generations, If you guys want them early then message me and I can trade.
    Right now I have Cyndaquil, Totodile, Oshowatt, and Chikorita

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm breeding the Sinnoh, and Unova starters. I plan to finish one of each this week, along with the Johto starters and Mudkip and Treeko. Hopefully I'll finish most of them by the 27th...wish we got Pokébank on the same day as Japan...but I imagine the eshop would crash world wide like it did for those who tried to download it earlier today...

ZRTAssassin

Shiny Hunting
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2023
    Yea, I heard it was pretty bad. But so far I've given out maybe 5 of each of the gen 2 starters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Do you guys know if you have to beat the game first in order to trade over? I mean like beat b/w first.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Do you guys know if you have to beat the game first in order to trade over? I mean like beat b/w first.

Its in the Banks' Question and Answer

Can I use Pokémon Bank as soon as it finishes downloading said:
    If you download Pokémon Bank to your system in the Nintendo 3DS family, you will be able to use it at any point after obtaining your Pokédex in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. You cannot use it if you have Pokémon X or Pokémon Y but have not begun the game.

You can transfer at anytime after getting your Pokedex. That is the only requirement.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Now that it's out in some countries, does anybody have an idea of how they're blocking hacked Pokemon from being transferred?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I just read in Serebii that Genesect's signature move's power went up to 120 from 85... and it still has it's accuracy of 100...that makes it far better than the now slightly weaken, but still not very accurate Hydro Pump, Thunder, Blizzard, and Fire Blast...now keep in mind Genesect's biggest weakness if Fire...but that 120 power water Techno Blast gives it a great cover...Genesect I feel will become Uber...oh well at least it's doesn't get stab...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Been wonder trading hoping to get lucky with a previously unobtainable pokemon. Got a Japanese level 97 Lucario instead. =0

Anybody else get any pokebank pokemon off wonder trading yet?

Back