• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Darn only one day away and they shift the date for us in North America and elsewhere. I guess it does make sense though as a lot of people have bought XY (I heard it is still ranking quite high in sales) and will proably have downloaded the Pokebank on the same day...thus crashing the thing more...

Leo the Lion

Too many sexy people in this world, all of them fi
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I hope its delayed to some reasonable day, like 5th or 6th of january, although half of Spain will get X and Y in the 6th if they hadnt got it in christmas (its like the boxing day), sooo maybe i wont be able to get it.
    Anyway, ignoring that random cultural junk, its very disappointing that nintendo didnt have that factor planned. They could have had ANOTHER plan B.....
    PS: I cant get into the e-shop neither... :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    PokéBank isn't just for transfer, though, it's also for storing Pokémon online, because the storage space in the games is really limited. Storing a Living Pokédex would take up 24 boxes alone.

As you fill your boxes more open up, there's people on messageboards saying they've gotten as high s 31 boxes

Yeah, the GTS is full of no-blue-pentagon Pokes now. =/
    I guess I'm just lucky enough to get all other starters, which are all legit, since they all have blue pentagons.

I was a bit angry when I got a hacked Feebas and Cottonee... -,-

I hope you didn't release them because the blue pentagon is NOT a hack/not hacked checker, it simply means the pokemon wasn't born/caught in Kalos. I said that a month or so ago right here on these boards because whenever you catch a pokemon in your Pokedex it is labelled with a Red white and blue hexagon, and the hexagon in their summary screen shows a stripe of red white or blue to represent whether it was caught in central, coastal or mountain Kalos.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    As predicted all Pokebank managed to do was open the flood gates for hacked Pokemon. Looking forward to signing up for the free month and getting my hands on that Celebi. I refuse to pay any amount of money for this service. This will be a one and done deal for me once I transfer all my Pokemon over. < Which are legal by the way.

Yeah, the GTS is full of no-blue-pentagon Pokes now. =/
    I guess I'm just lucky enough to get all other starters, which are all legit, since they all have blue pentagons.

I was a bit angry when I got a hacked Feebas and Cottonee... -,-

Does it mean they are all hacked though? AFAIK, the absence of the blue pentagon simply means that the Pokémon was hatched or caught outside of Gen VI.

The Blue Pentagon means that they were BORN in Kalos. The Egg or Pokemon with the blue pentagon means that the Pokemon was bred during the generation 6 games. If the Pokemon lacks a Pentagon, then it was transferred from Pokemon Black, White, Black 2 or, White 2. The Pentagon is NOT a hack check. So as the third quote said.

I know this is off topic here but is anyone else experiencing the 005-4222 error when trying to go to the E-Shop? I just want to go look at Pokemon Bank there, but I can't on either of my 3DS's.

I've been experiencing it since last night.

Yes, granted (and, yes, I didn't do any research for the whole "setting 3DS region to Japan", I just replied to the post above ^^) .

But still, let's all admit: this is solely Nintendo's fault, they messed up. They were the ones who chose the release date, knowing full well what time of year it will be. They made a feature that could easily have been taken offline (the Gen 5 -> Gen 6 transfer itself) so that it requires internet connection with absolutely no benefits from it. They announced this service months ago, yet did absolutely nothing to prepare for the heavy traffic increase that would come with releasing the service during winter holidays. I wouldn't go as far as to say "This is Diablo III/Sim City all over again", but we're more than halfway there.

People can try to justify the situation any way they want, but it doesn't change the fact that Nintendo messed up.

Its no one's fault. There is no way to predict how a server will respond to a load. They could have just gotten some brand new servers to help with the load, stress tested them, and thought they could handle millions of users attacking it at once, but even with all that preparation the server can still crash and cause problems. Its an unforeseeable circumstance. No one has the right to point fingers or blame anyone else. They thought they were equipped and took all the necessary countermeasures they could. Things still got shot. All we can do is wait til they fix the issue or the service load dies down.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
  • I think there are a few people in Japan that already have been hacking X and Y because during Wonder Trade I was given a Japanese Vulpix at level 1 that was in a Luxury Ball.

I assumed, oh it's probably from Pokebank and not in XY. But It had the Pentagon on it and said it was hatched in XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think there are a few people in Japan that already have been hacking X and Y because during Wonder Trade I was given a Japanese Vulpix at level 1 that was in a Luxury Ball.

I assumed, oh it's probably from Pokebank and not in XY. But It had the Pentagon on it and said it was hatched in XY.

People are WAY too paranoid about hacked pokemon! ;-)

- In X and Y, Pokemon are born into the pokeballs their mothers were in
    - In Black 2, white 2, or any previous pokemon game they likely caught the female Vulpix/Ninetales in a luxury ball
    - Pokebank that vulpix/Ninetales to Pokemon X or Y
    - Breed that vulpix/nintetales
    - baby Vulpix will be born into whatever ball the mother was caught in
    - not (necessarily) a hacked pokemon
    - relax! ;-)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    People are WAY too paranoid about hacked pokemon! ;-)

- In Black 2, white 2, or any previous pokemon game they likely caught the female Vulpix/Ninetales in a luxury ball
    - Pokebank that vulpix/Ninetales to Pokemon X or Y
    - Breed that vulpix/nintetales
    - baby Vulpix will be born into whatever ball the mother was caught in
    - not (necessarily) a hacked pokemon
    - relax! ;-)
    Just to add...Ninetales IS A SAFARI Pokemon for people with Fire typed Safaris.

Yes people are a little too paranoid about hacked Pokemon. If your game allows you to play them, odds are they aren't hacked at least to a degree that the game sees them as errors. If it allows you to play with it then it is within normal standards enough that it can be beat just as a Pokemon bred to have the same IVs and Trained to have the same EVs.

I still haven't been given any substantial proof that hacked Pokemon are there other than the typical, well I saw so and so hack a Pokemon into the game. If I can port over a few that I know are hacked from my brother's game carts I'll believe it but I'm more than certain they cannot be transferred cause I know what he used to make them.

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
  • People are WAY too paranoid about hacked pokemon! ;-)

HOLY CRAP! I didn't know this, okay awesome. I might do this right now haha :D

Also I don't mind if people hack their pokemon as long as they have 510 EVS, to me it's still legal.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    In a way I know the delay is not fun but this can be a chance for Nintendo/GameFreak to patch the bank up before it gets released outside of Japan. I mean I don't want a Gen 5's Wifi battling situation where it became broken and unusable due do hacks.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    In a way I know the delay is not fun but this can be a chance for Nintendo/GameFreak to patch the bank up before it gets released outside of Japan. I mean I don't want a Gen 5's Wifi battling situation where it became broken and unusable due do hacks.

I'm giving it a week at the least for them to reroute the stress issues so the release may be pushed back. As for the patch, they'd have to be able to put a special electronic signature into the games to allow specific Pokemon to be useable, which may be what the blue pentagon is for. I've heard rumors that tournaments will only allow for those created in the Kalos region to be useable in tournaments so Legendary Pokemon caught and transferred over can't be used and we'd have to breed the older Pokemon in our new games in order to use them so it wouldn't matter if they were hacked before as if we have to breed them to make them legit to use, then the hack was for nothing.

Years
  • I'm giving it a week at the least for them to reroute the stress issues so the release may be pushed back. As for the patch, they'd have to be able to put a special electronic signature into the games to allow specific Pokemon to be useable, which may be what the blue pentagon is for. I've heard rumors that tournaments will only allow for those created in the Kalos region to be useable in tournaments so Legendary Pokemon caught and transferred over can't be used and we'd have to breed the older Pokemon in our new games in order to use them so it wouldn't matter if they were hacked before as if we have to breed them to make them legit to use, then the hack was for nothing.
    Well even if we breed Pokemon in our XY games we won't be able to use them for the tournament or special battle format as the rules only allow pokemon in the Kalos Dexes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well even if we breed Pokemon in our XY games we won't be able to use them for the tournament or special battle format as the rules only allow pokemon in the Kalos Dexes.

What tournaments have even happened that only allow Kalos dex pokemon? And do they only alow Kalos Dex pokemon or Pokemon that were caught/bred in Kalos? Cause those are vastly different definitions

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • OMG I just read on serebii that pokébank is delayed and that the new release date is to be decided( For EU and USA). The reason seems to be that pokébank screws up the servers. But I don't think that is the only reason. It seems that pokégenned pokemon can pass the hack check (i already thought it could) But it also seems that some Hacked pokemon who are totally illegal pass the hack check( seems that nintendo doesn't check gender and pokéballs and even the region of the pokémon). Nintendo is so gonna get flamed now.

Edit: Didn't read previous post regarding the delay.

iTeruri

iAm
    Years
  • X & Y will eventually allow you access to 31 PC boxes, plenty of space for a living pokedex

A Living Pokedex would take up 24 of those 31 boxes, which isn't enough if you also need to store Pokémon you've bred, you've gotten from Wonder Trade and want to hold onto, your fully trained Pokémon currently not in your team, etc.

The extra storage space will really come in handy for me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    with 31 boxes, that's 930 Pokemon, there's something like 649 Pokemon out, however taking into account evolutionary lines and alternate forms (as most people wouldn't necessarily have every single evolutionary form in a line, like Pichu, Pikachu and Raichu all at once) there would be 395 spaces you would need to have one of every line (again, including alternate forms like rotom, the 4 season forms of Sawbuck and so on) whcih still leaves 535 spaces free for breeding. Again, more space is always welcome, but it's not cripplingly devastating if you didn't have access to, like the 420 Pokemon limit in Pokemon Ruby and Saphire

The tournament thing said they had to have the pentagon. They had to be bred in Kalos. That's all I remember from the translation.

Never mind, misread! Sorry!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Stop being Paranoid about hacked Pokemon. It is likely that, if a Pokemon has an Inncorect ability, is and event and doesn't have OT: insert event name or We here, and more than 510 Evs It will not be able to be transfered.Actually I almost garuntee it.

Years
  • The tournament thing said they had to have the pentagon. They had to be bred in Kalos. That's all I remember from the translation.

I double checked Serebii and it said they have to be in the Kalos dex too in addition to being breed or caught there. Of course they could have made a translation error but I doubt it this time as I did hear people complain about not being to use the Kami trio and other mons in the special rules and the tournament.

I wonder how long they'll delay Pokebank...I haven't seen much progress on the eshop today...so maybe by next week the traffic will die down and they'll put it back up for Japan and release it worldwide.

Back