• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Stop being Paranoid about hacked Pokemon. It is likely that, if a Pokemon has an Inncorect ability, is and event and doesn't have OT: insert event name or We here, and more than 510 Evs It will not be able to be transfered.Actually I almost garuntee it.

Spoiler:

Pictured above, a shiny Torterra with its Dream World ability. And to top it off, it has a Premier Ribbon, something that only four specific event Pokémon can have.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Pictured above, a shiny Torterra with its Dream World ability. And to top it off, it has a Premier Ribbon, something that only four specific event Pokémon can have.

Really? Well then. Lets just hope Pokemon with Over 510 Evs cant make it past. Also, have you tried to use it on Battle spot? It could be banned. Also, Dream world abillity is still legal on non shinys. It probally doesn't check to see if its shiny or not. Just that its Evs and abillity are legal

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • I'm still surprised the Bank and Mover doesn't check for location/ball/ability discrepancies.
    Annoyed by this fact more than the Bank being temp. removed from the eshop...

Years
  • I'm still surprised the Bank and Mover doesn't check for location/ball/ability discrepancies.
    Annoyed by this fact more than the Bank being temp. removed from the eshop...

I'm sure it wouldn't allow something like a Wondergaurd SpirtTomb to be transferd tho. Thank god. But only time will tell.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    well, we will just have to wait a Little longer, hopefully things will get fixed, since it's their job to do it as soon as posible. And the pink icon is the one that shows the pokemon was infected with pokerus. The pokemon will still recieve the benefits from the pokerus but will not be able pass it to other pokemon.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    Yeah, had never seen the Pokérus icon since B/W. Hah.

I was hoping they'd have an icon to indicate illegitimate Pokémon, much like how Stadium 2 would use pink text to indicate illegal moves/stats. Oh well.

Ah right and yeah that would be a nice touch ^__^

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • I'm sure it wouldn't allow something like a Wondergaurd SpirtTomb to be transferd tho. Thank god. But only time will tell.

Wondertomb isn't invincible, it and Wondersableye are beaten by fairies.

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I guess it's safe to assume that the eshop won't be available for some time, not just in european region, but also in the american region, probably worldwide. I too tried and can't connect, probably because of all the reasons stated before (updates, etc...).

Years
  • I mean pokemon with over 510 evs won't make it past. That is safe to assume right? And if they did make it past, I don't think they would be legal, and if they were somehow legal, I would think they would Realease a new update. Does anyone think hacked pokemon will affect competitive play(Battle spot)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, had never seen the Pokérus icon since B/W. Hah.

I was hoping they'd have an icon to indicate illegitimate Pokémon, much like how Stadium 2 would use pink text to indicate illegal moves/stats. Oh well.

Stats Definitely they could check as every pokemon has fixed base stats coupled with IV bonuses and EV bonuses to get the final product, but how could they REALLY check for illegitimate moves? (short of taking the time to connect to the internet and cross reference up to 936 pokemon in your game with the database extending back to 2002) Between all the egg moves that change between each game, even the level up moves that change between games, the move tutors with each game, the moves that are TMs in one game and aren't in another or vice versa, even all the gift pokemon that have moves they aren't legitimately ever supposed to have (Pikachu with surf? Yes, that was in fact a legitimate move WAY back in the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald days, there was even special animation with Pikachu on a little surfboard during the move in some games) how long would that take and how much data would it take to constantly check every single pokemon in your game every time you connected to the internet? Even poke bank, it would need to cross refence and program every possible variation of every possible pokemon for the last almost 12 years for up to 3000 pokemon for how many millions of users worldwide, it just seems unrealistic to be able to check THAT many moves when so many illegiitmate moves were actually legitimate once upon a time. (in addition to the give away pokemon, you also need to remember older games had TMs that are different than the TMs are now, so a move that could be taught to a pokemon via a TM in an older game is unlearnable AT ALL in current games because that TM is no longer a TM for the original move, same with level up and egg moves. )

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
    Years
  • Not to cause unneeded concern, but I'm just posting this in relivant places to hopefully get some feedback and see if I can figure out what I've got.

I was chain wonder trading today and received a shiny Rayquaza from someone in Japan.

It's a lvl 100 Shiny Rayquaza from the Johto region in a plain pokeball. It has all 6 IV's perfect - this thing has to be hacked and came over with pokebank, right?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Not to cause unneeded concern, but I'm just posting this in relivant places to hopefully get some feedback and see if I can figure out what I've got.

I was chain wonder trading today and received a shiny Rayquaza from someone in Japan.

It's a lvl 100 Shiny Rayquaza from the Johto region in a plain pokeball. It has all 6 IV's perfect - this thing has to be hacked and came over with pokebank, right?

um... sure... you should probably trade that to me if you don't want it... ;-) but it's hard to say, it's technically possible to get Rayquaza in the Embedded tower in Heart Gold I think, so it being Shiny, and having perfect IVs are all technically possible. I found a 4IVed Riolu on Route 22 in Pokemon Y so anything is possible.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Years
  • hope once the eshop up it will be available. think it Nintendo fault for not being Prepared for an eshop swamp for poke bank.

Shadow101thehedgehog

It all starts with this...
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    would have been nice if they said about how long the delay would be, and did they seriously not think to boost up their servers for this?

What I'm wondering is how they didn't expect this to happen when they scheduled the release for Christmas.

Years
  • Pokemon Bank is reportedly not stopping hacks. I DON"T UNDERSTAND.

If you want to play with perfect Pokemon - Showdown

If EV training / IV breeding is a waste of life - Showdown

WHY MUST YOU CHEAT A CHILDREN'S GAME, just play - Showdown.

Hacking != cheating. You can cheat via hacking, but not all hacking is cheating.

As for the delay on Pokemon Bank, it's a fairly major bummer. I want my old starters and I don't want to pay out the ass for them D:

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    I don't know if this has been asked before in this thread, but is it possible to transfer pokemon from randomized ROMs via Pokebank? I already tried to trade my Pokemon from my randomized Black 2 over to a friend's original Black cartridge and it worked like a charm, so could I use my friend's cartridge to port those randomized Pokemon over to Bank? They are not really hacked, they just have different locations to be found and everything else is as usual, so I really wonder if Pokemon Bank does detect them as hacks or not D:

Back