• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
  • i'm going through my older games catching the pokemon that are unobtainable in x/y and migrating them. I never had bw/2 so i got them for b1 and w2 for christmas and am trying to complete them atm so i can migrate from my HG

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I really wish the Pokebank would go ahead and open, or at least there was some other way to transfer Pokemon to our game. :( I don't even really care about all the storage since I have both X & Y, I can move stuff around wherever I need it. I just want my old Pokemon! I am beyond ready to bring over some of my old shinies over and my 9 year old Blastoise!

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2014
    Or... they will release Bank once they feel the system is stable enough to take the influx of activity for it, as opposed to sacrificing an avenue for $$$ while risking that people wouldn't forget (and not all of us have short memories =p).

Clutching at straws, really. Just have a bit more patience, it'll come out soon enough.

The Problem never was with Bank. It was delayed because of christmas traffic caused by many new 3DS registrations. Bank never had problems itself, the same japanese people who back then couldn't connect because of the christmas traffic can now use bank without problems.
    Bank runs fine now that christmas is over. It was stable from the very beginning.
    That bank has to be patched or something to run is just a myth.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.
    Years
  • I just wish that it would hurry up. I just want to trade all my shinies from other games...

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Server issues don't take this long to resolve for a franchise of this size.

They are working on detecting generated pokemanz, I'll bet 5 dollah

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I know, but trying to get anything, for example Lugia is impossible due to people requesting level 10-30 Suicune in exchange! XD If I could get my hands on just one of them I'd be able to finish all but the events. T_T

I am surprised at just how many people are asking for Suicune compared to any other. The level 10-30 request people are asking is because there was an event where it was at 30 and shiny. Because that event was on every gen iv game I would think the shiny ones would be more common than the non-shiny. Of course once I get bank I will transfer my own copies of the shiny event.... what has been nice about getting legendaries right now is they are all japanese , and I like getting the foreign dex entries with each one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I am surprised at just how many people are asking for Suicune compared to any other. The level 10-30 request people are asking is because there was an event where it was at 30 and shiny. Because that event was on every gen iv game I would think the shiny ones would be more common than the non-shiny. Of course once I get bank I will transfer my own copies of the shiny event.... what has been nice about getting legendaries right now is they are all japanese , and I like getting the foreign dex entries with each one.

I take it Suicune is the most popular one due to it being the mascot of Crystal and the fact that it's probably the best/most frequently used of the Johto beast trio in competitive battles. That's what I think, anyway.

Do the foreign dex entries say something different, or are they just the same thing but in a different language? I haven't looked at the foreign dex entries for any species of Pokemon that I've had foreign ones for.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • They are working on detecting generated pokemanz, I'll bet 5 dollah
    I bet 10 they aren't.

Let's face it: a system that would detect hacked Pokémon with 100% precision is impossible to implement: the data structure for Pokémon in B/W/B2/W2 has been reverse engineered (link) and every single piece of information can be forged by whatever tool the hackers use. The way the system works now is not about detecting whether the Pokémon is legit (which, again, is impossible to detect) , but about whether the Pokémon is legal, whether such a Pokémon can ever exist in the game. Since everything about a Pokémon can be forged to make it look like a real deal, it is safe to say that hacked Pokémon are here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Of course, we could say that the system could just go beyond checking for legal Pokémon and block everything that seems too good to be true, but that could cause another outrage in the fandom if the transporter starts blocking legit Pokémon that people spent awful amounts of time to breed only because their IVs are better than average.

On the reason why the Tranporter and the Bank aren't coming out, I guess it's just an internal scheduling issue at Nintendo. They must have a lot on their plate, and something that won't start bringing money until the end of this year must not be a high priority item on their list.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    They are working on detecting generated pokemanz, I'll bet 5 dollah
    Well their best bet would be to release Pokebank and gather information by user experience in order to build up a database (kinda like Googletube did with their comment section). Everything else would be stupid.

I guess the reason why Nintendo doesn't want us to know when everything will be resolved is simply that they want to do it kinda over night. That would mean that it shouldn't take that long. Considering that it's been a whole week since the delay was announced, maybe a week or two? But don't quote me on that since I can't read their mind. xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Do the foreign dex entries say something different, or are they just the same thing but in a different language? I haven't looked at the foreign dex entries for any species of Pokemon that I've had foreign ones for.

Go to your pokedex. If you have foreign dex entries you will see each lsnguage at the top of the screen, click on a language and youll see which pokemon have a dex entry in that language. I assume they all say the same thing, or roughly the same. It is merely a novelty feature, but I am having fun trying to collect dex entries for all the legendaries is Japanese.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The Problem never was with Bank. It was delayed because of christmas traffic caused by many new 3DS registrations. Bank never had problems itself, the same japanese people who back then couldn't connect because of the christmas traffic can now use bank without problems.
    Bank runs fine now that christmas is over. It was stable from the very beginning.
    That bank has to be patched or something to run is just a myth.
    I'm aware. By system I was referring to Nintendo's wifi and eshop system. But there's still the possibility that this may take another hit if Bank is put up again for everywhere at once.

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I bet 10 they aren't.

Let's face it: a system that would detect hacked Pokémon with 100% precision is impossible to implement: the data structure for Pokémon in B/W/B2/W2 has been reverse engineered (link) and every single piece of information can be forged by whatever tool the hackers use. The way the system works now is not about detecting whether the Pokémon is legit (which, again, is impossible to detect) , but about whether the Pokémon is legal, whether such a Pokémon can ever exist in the game. Since everything about a Pokémon can be forged to make it look like a real deal, it is safe to say that hacked Pokémon are here to stay, whether you like it or not.

Of course, we could say that the system could just go beyond checking for legal Pokémon and block everything that seems too good to be true, but that could cause another outrage in the fandom if the transporter starts blocking legit Pokémon that people spent awful amounts of time to breed only because their IVs are better than average.

On the reason why the Tranporter and the Bank aren't coming out, I guess it's just an internal scheduling issue at Nintendo. They must have a lot on their plate, and something that won't start bringing money until the end of this year must not be a high priority item on their list.

Not only that, but can you imagine how many complaints Nintendo would get if some kids couldn't transport Pokemon for BW2 they never knew were hacked? The emphasis would definitely be on Legit Pokemon. Plus, if I'm not mistaken a lot of Pokemon can't be used in Ranked battles or VGC until they're born in Kalos?

Years
  • Having the Kalos mark doesn't matter, actually. People are able to "hack" the Kalos mark, per se, by changing the hex data for region before sending it over to their game in BW/BW2. It's an anomaly of an "hack check."

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Having the Kalos mark doesn't matter, actually. People are able to "hack" the Kalos mark, per se, by changing the hex data for region before sending it over to their game in BW/BW2. It's an anomaly of an "hack check."

But the Kalos mark never existed in the previous games. You can't hack it in if they never existed in game. If they use some external hack to give the Pokemon the data it needs, the Transporter can stop it from transferring if the mark was from a non-Kalos Pokemon since the Transporter was designed to "only" transport from the previous Five Regions.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I have a question I would like to ask and would be grateful if someone can answer it. Let's say when Pokemon Bank comes out, and I'm using the 30 day free-trial. I then transfer all of my legal pokemon to my Pokemon Y, could I move the pokemon stored in the bank to my Pokemon Y pc boxes? Can someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

Years
  • I take it Suicune is the most popular one due to it being the mascot of Crystal and the fact that it's probably the best/most frequently used of the Johto beast trio in competitive battles. That's what I think, anyway.

I don't think that is the case. Suicune is somewhat popular due to its high def, sp def and is extremely reliable in competitive scene.

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I'm really surprised it's taking this much extra time for Pokémon Bank to come out. I'm a little antsy to get some of my Shiny dudes over to X and Y!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a question I would like to ask and would be grateful if someone can answer it. Let's say when Pokemon Bank comes out, and I'm using the 30 day free-trial. I then transfer all of my legal pokemon to my Pokemon Y, could I move the pokemon stored in the bank to my Pokemon Y pc boxes? Can someone please explain it to me? Thanks!

Yes, since that's half the purpose of the Bank. It wouldn't be of much use if your Pokemon were stuck in the cloud.

Back