• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What exactly did the update do? I downloaded it earlier today, but have no idea what it was for.

Its just a Battle Spot ranking update. Like if you compete a lot through battle spot, it updates your in game ranking with that of the PGL one to keep better track of your record. There may have been some small hidden tweeks that can possibly prevent more hacked Pokemon from appearing in Battle spot since it apparently has a recognition software to prevent non-released Pokemon from appearing.

I think its just the online battle update though since that seems to be the majority of the easy updates.

Years
  • I searched for "Pokemon Bank" on the eshop and you can see the app but it says Release Date: TBD. I couldn't find the Bank on the eshop before so it may be close to the release!! :) Can't wait!!!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I searched for "Pokemon Bank" on the eshop and you can see the app but it says Release Date: TBD. I couldn't find the Bank on the eshop before so it may be close to the release!! :) Can't wait!!!

Really? I've been able to see it for the past few weeks now (yea, I've checked every day for the past two weeks, don't judge me :P )

Years
  • Really? I've been able to see it for the past few weeks now (yea, I've checked every day for the past two weeks, don't judge me :P )

yeah, last time I checked was Jan. 4 I think lol But yeah, they might added the app 2 weeks before and I didn't notice haha

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I have this funny feeling that the 'news' they promised is just that it's released, really hoping for tomorrow since they were planing a friday release in the first place.

Years
  • I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see why it wasn't universally released with its rerelease. Any excuse that could be given me is one that I refuse to take. Its not like they have to localize folders upon folders of script so we can read a story in our language.
    To me, personally, I feel like we should haven gotten it first, as in n.a. and europe, as an apology for what happened last time.
    I'm not so excited that I forgive the hiccup. That little poem at the end credits of xy is a lie. In this brief life japan gets it first then we wait then we can share a moment together

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I guess I'm the only one that doesn't see why it wasn't universally released with its rerelease. Any excuse that could be given me is one that I refuse to take. Its not like they have to localize folders upon folders of script so we can read a story in our language.
    To me, personally, I feel like we should haven gotten it first, as in n.a. and europe, as an apology for what happened last time.
    I'm not so excited that I forgive the hiccup. That little poem at the end credits of xy is a lie. In this brief life japan gets it first then we wait then we can share a moment together

I think they're just being cautious. They don't want another server overload, so they're testing it out in Japan for a couple of days to see what happens. If the Japanese players put a large strain on it, then a worldwide release is probably a bad idea.

...At least that's what I think. But I really want the Bank, like, tomorrow. Or Saturday.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    Pokebank on 2DS

So a while back I decided to buy a 2DS instead of a 3DS (Because I didn't need the 3D feature. If you'e going to rage about it then get out.). Pokebank was supposed to be released December 27th, but when that day came I couldn't download it. I figured it was because the system was being overrun because EVERYONE was downloading it and put it off until later. Well, it's been 26 days and the release date is still listed as TBD (If you didn't know: To Be Determined.). I went to check today and it says "3DS download only". Does anyone know WHEN it will come out for 2DS. If it's not ever coming out for 2DS then I have a serious email ready for Nintendo.

Years
  • As far as I know (I just learned this a while ago asking something about the pokebank in the quick question/answer forum) the pokebank hasn't been released yet. It says in the Pokemon XY webpage that the trial period and the event Celebi will be gone on the 31st but word is that due to some issues regarding the japanese launch of the app the pokebank release on the west will be postponed. In other words: 3ds users haven't been able to download it either, but I find this message weird, it should be available on all 3/2DS systems as long as you have the gamecard.

My best hint is to either ask someone at the quick questions and answers forum or ask Nintendo. I kinda know how you're feeling because I can't use some of the features on my 3ds due to region issues, but try to ask nicely before you send them the serious version. Maybe it will be released soon.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • The Nintendo 2DS is a Nintendo 3DS without the 3D feature. Pokémon Bank will be compatible with your system no matter what because it IS part of the 3DS family of handheld consoles. The 3DS Download thing means that the app is only compatible with the 3DS systems, not the DSi or Wii-U (which can connect to EShop in the same way that the 3DS/2DS can).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think what's its saying is that you can only get the Bank via download at the eShop, and you can't buy a physical copy at a store. Not sure how you'd buy an app without doing a digital download...

But they say that because some games are available both as physical copies and as eShop downloads. So they say it just in case you thought you had to run down to your local gaming store to buy the Bank.

Or at least that's what I think. It'd be really stupid of Nintendo to make it unavailable for 2DS users. Isolating a part of the fanbase is always a bad idea. And I think there was even some deal with Pokémon X/Y and the 2DS too...

EDIT: Looks like Incinermyn's got the answer.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I also use a 2ds. I'm not the only one, ya! I hope it comes out on the 2ds. I think it has all the features except 3d. It has eshop just like 3ds. It is a 3ds in a sense. It should and probably will work on the 2ds...if they can get it fixed.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a 3DS and am not using the 3D feature. The 3D effects hurt my eyes. >.>
    The only reason why I still bought a 3DS instead of a 2DS is because I can "close" it unlike the 2DS. :P

Also, I think there is absolutely no reason why PokéBank won't work on a 2DS.
    Just like everyone has mentioned, it's just a 3DS without the 3D feature. :P

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    What happens if you have a Pokemon in Box 1 that can't be migrated? Does it migrate nothing or everything except those Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Let's light our candles tonight and pray Pokébank will be released tomorrow! .. who am I kidding? Lol.

Tomorrow isn't the 25th though. The UK version is getting released on the 25th. Stands to reason that US would get it at that time or later. Don't think they updated a date for the US though so we could get it by the 30th for all we know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2015
    So a while back I decided to buy a 2DS instead of a 3DS (Because I didn't need the 3D feature. If you'e going to rage about it then get out.). Pokebank was supposed to be released December 27th, but when that day came I couldn't download it. I figured it was because the system was being overrun because EVERYONE was downloading it and put it off until later. Well, it's been 26 days and the release date is still listed as TBD (If you didn't know: To Be Determined.). I went to check today and it says "3DS download only". Does anyone know WHEN it will come out for 2DS. If it's not ever coming out for 2DS then I have a serious email ready for Nintendo.
    it means 3ds family download only.so yes,it will be available for 2ds too.

Back