• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • @ Phangy I think he's talking about how he has Rattatas in XY which people are seeking and in return he can ask them for whatever Pokémon seeing how Rattata is rare until Bank releases in the rest of the world, so people wanting to complete their dex's don't have much leverage since the only way to get Rattata and other previously common pokes is by trading.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    @ Phangy I think he's talking about how he has Rattatas in XY which people are seeking and in return he can ask them for whatever Pokémon seeing how Rattata is rare until Bank releases in the rest of the world, so people wanting to complete their dex's don't have much leverage since the only way to get Rattata and other previously common pokes is by trading.

Yes, this exactly. It all started the evening of Dec 24 when I was wonder trading and got an Oshawott. Looked online and found out Pokebank was available in Japan, started breeding and traded those for severel pokemon and between the Oshawott, Baltoy, Slakoth and Rattata ended up getting all 22 pokebank exclusive pokemon, all starters from every generation and several hidden abilities pokemon that I just could not get otherwise. It's been pretty sweet, so I will be sad to see that time go! ;-)

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Yes, this exactly. It all started the evening of Dec 24 when I was wonder trading and got an Oshawott. Looked online and found out Pokebank was available in Japan, started breeding and traded those for severel pokemon and between the Oshawott, Baltoy, Slakoth and Rattata ended up getting all 22 pokebank exclusive pokemon, all starters from every generation and several hidden abilities pokemon that I just could not get otherwise. It's been pretty sweet, so I will be sad to see that time go! ;-)

So, making the pokemon easier to get when the world wide release of the bank will hinder people's efforts in getting pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, making the pokemon easier to get when the world wide release of the bank will hinder people's efforts in getting pokemon?

I think you are seeing things that aren't being said.

Rattata are rare right now. with the restricted Bank release only being in Japan, a lot of those are in high demand for pokedex completion. Those without access to bank are trading fairly good things for something that would otherwise be trash.

He'll be sad to see it released because then, all pokemon are available to be received in Pokemon X and Y with no real effort which lowers the value of the unreleased Pokemon. Once you can get it all yourself, the trading boom that we currently have will slow and we'll get more of the super ridiculous trade requests again.

(I got a rattata last night after finally fixing my wifi for my 3DS. I started GTSing its babies immediately cause there were some demand for it before the legendary requests started to fill up my lists. Same with Totodile and mudkip. Right now, the 4th Gen starters are in high demand from what I saw on GTS last night.)

Won't lower effort seeing as everyone should have majority of the Pokemon, the fun trading will slow down.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I think you are seeing things that aren't being said.

Rattata are rare right now. with the restricted Bank release only being in Japan, a lot of those are in high demand for pokedex completion. Those without access to bank are trading fairly good things for something that would otherwise be trash.

He'll be sad to see it released because then, all pokemon are available to be received in Pokemon X and Y with no real effort which lowers the value of the unreleased Pokemon. Once you can get it all yourself, the trading boom that we currently have will slow and we'll get more of the super ridiculous trade requests again.

(I got a rattata last night after finally fixing my wifi for my 3DS. I started GTSing its babies immediately cause there were some demand for it before the legendary requests started to fill up my lists. Same with Totodile and mudkip. Right now, the 4th Gen starters are in high demand from what I saw on GTS last night.)

Won't lower effort seeing as everyone should have majority of the Pokemon, the fun trading will slow down.

i'm seeing GTS as a market system. A lot of the time I seek out a pokemon, i have to try a few times cuz the trades are fair and get take up fairly quickly, you only see the bad one cuz no one wants to do them. The good trades have always been there, you just have to remember that they go quick, a GTS trade should never be up for more and an hour if it's reasonable. The bank is just going to add more pokemon, the lower value makes it easier to obtain. So you wouldn't have to get one semi rare pokemon and breed it, you can just trade what you have.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    i'm seeing GTS as a market system. A lot of the time I seek out a pokemon, i have to try a few times cuz the trades are fair and get take up fairly quickly, you only see the bad one cuz no one wants to do them. The good trades have always been there, you just have to remember that they go quick, a GTS trade should never be up for more and an hour if it's reasonable. The bank is just going to add more pokemon, the lower value makes it easier to obtain. So you wouldn't have to get one semi rare pokemon and breed it, you can just trade what you have.

this is what we're trying to get you to understand. right now semi rare pokemon get really good trades in return to get those pokemon, once the whole world has access to pokebank (and therefore all their old pokemon that are currently unavailable) they will simply move all their gen 1 - 5 pokemon from their old games to the current games and no one will want to trade those pokemon anymore because everyone will have them. The once "valuable" pokemon will now become "trash" because everyone will have them. Right now, not everyone has them. That's the point.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    this is what we're trying to get you to understand. right now semi rare pokemon get really good trades in return to get those pokemon, once the whole world has access to pokebank (and therefore all their old pokemon that are currently unavailable) they will simply move all their gen 1 - 5 pokemon from their old games to the current games and no one will want to trade those pokemon anymore because everyone will have them. The once "valuable" pokemon will now become "trash" because everyone will have them. Right now, not everyone has them. That's the point.

i got your point after the first response to my question. But not all that many people have been transferring from gen 1 to 5. the whole GTS isn't going to go to crap just cuz of the bank. Especially since the majority of the games sold (Japan) already has the bank and it's actually gotten better.

Years
  • What I find sad is that at this point, I see everything as a sign that pokebank is coming soon and then end up more disapointed than I originaly was. For example, the Eshop is down at the moment for 3DS. My common sense tells me there might be a legitimate problem with the Eshop servers, but my heart wishes soo much that it's something pokebank related.

I don't know if anyone is living it like me, but all you can do is hope I guess

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    I've been doing some experimenting with the eShop and sometimes I get a message saying that the eShop is in maintenance and then sometimes it lets me in... weird right?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I've been doing some experimenting with the eShop and sometimes I get a message saying that the eShop is in maintenance and then sometimes it lets me in... weird right?

no, they're doing maintenance today

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Looks like it won't be released today & still no info from Nintendo/Gamefreak. I'd say it'll be released Friday this week or Tuesday/Friday next week, as it would seem logical. Honestly, by the time it's released, I'll probably be sick of Pokemon! As this is annoying me to shreds and the game is too boring without playing Competitive (as there is a lack of PostGame)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The one thing I don't get about the Bank now is why Nintendo hasn't given us an ETA for the release for the rest of the world. It's been out in Japan for what, 5~6 days now?

Nintendo, I want some info! Gimme some info, dammit. I don't like how they've been keeping us in the dark pretty much the whole time. It's far easier to wait when we have some sort of ETA. Perhaps it was a bit much of me to expect an ETA from them when the problem first started, but now, there's really no excuse for not giving an ETA or something.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    They said they want to observe how it does in Japan first, so to be honest I was expecting at least a week for that, maybe two or three.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    i got your point after the first response to my question. But not all that many people have been transferring from gen 1 to 5. the whole GTS isn't going to go to crap just cuz of the bank. Especially since the majority of the games sold (Japan) already has the bank and it's actually gotten better.

What do you mean not all that many people are going to be transferring from gen 1 - 5? 100% of the people in this thread are trying to do just that, because currently there is no REAL point in Pokebank right now if you ONLY have X or Y. Yeah there's extra storage, but you can store 930 Pokemon in game right now as it is. Other than extra torage though, there's no actual benefit to it unless you're trying to get your old pokemon from older games into your new game.

And you say you "got" the point, but no one in any post said the GTS was "going to go to crap" we ALL simply said no one is going to be giving us their really good pokemon that they've been EV training or is shiny now that they can simply bring the pokemon they are missing from their previous game that they couldn't even get access to before. As Khrysta pointed out, once everyone has access to their old pokemon, the imbalance of people putting on Zigzagoons for Arceus to legitimate trades is going to shoot way up again like it was before Pokebank ever went live because WHY would anyone trade for pokemon they already have? Every since Pokebank came back, I haven't been able to GIVE away this extra Zygarde I have for anything. It will most defintiely be that way again once everyone gets access to all their old pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What do you mean not all that many people are going to be transferring from gen 1 - 5? 100% of the people in this thread are trying to do just that, because currently there is no REAL point in Pokebank right now if you ONLY have X or Y. Yeah there's extra storage, but you can store 930 Pokemon in game right now as it is. Other than extra torage though, there's no actual benefit to it unless you're trying to get your old pokemon from older games into your new game.

Actually, I'm not going to transfer over from Gen I - V, so maybe 99% :P Due to the delay, I've had enough time to complete the National Dex via the GTS and build a better competitive team than I ever had in previous generations lol. I'll be using Pokemon Bank to store Pokemon in the cloud before starting new games, and to transfer over from X to Y, since I only have one 3DS.

But I agree with your original point, it will make the GTS much less fun. Trading to get all the Pokemon in the National Dex was possibly the most fun I've had from the game so far :P

Years
  • I was disappointed for the longest time. But now my wife had longer to organize my older games for me:)
    Besides from what I've seen, a bunch of people will no longer accept non kalos native pokemon after the full bank release.
    My legendaries will be trophies I guess. I'm sure my shinies will still be traded since they are mainly just trophies anyways.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    They said they want to observe how it does in Japan first, so to be honest I was expecting at least a week for that, maybe two or three.

Yes, maybe A WEEK would be fine, but honestly it shouldn't even take that long to monitor if the system is stable or not, as the highest traffic flow is probably during the first 2, maybe 3 days. But like many have said, Nintendo OR Gamefreak atleast should give us an expected release date, as well as the reason behind the delay. But honestly if we don't get it Friday, I'm going to be MAD, as a problem like this is simply ridiculous. IMO, an issue like this shouldn't have even happen, Nintendo/Gamefreak both know how popular Pokemon is and were ill prepared.

Back