• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Yes this restarting is becoming an issue. Primarily I would have focused on completing the Pokédex but that's pointless when I'm going to be restarting. I don't have the PC space to continue breeding my living Pokédex. Now I can just breed for IV and EV train but I'm stuck wanting to restart to work on my Pokédex and such.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I've discovered the culprit behind the Pokemon Bank delay. It's none other than the slacker named Bridgette:

Spoiler:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    See I was wondering about items. I knew Transporter wouldn't let you keep items but I thought Bank might. Direct trade is fine even when Z comes out but what about trading our Megas Stones to Gen 7? We have to get all of them again? Then you add the new Mega Stones that will come out. This is also forgetting about the event exclusive Mega Stones. It's stupid. Maybe we'll get a Item addition before Gen 7 comes out.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Forbidding us to transfer items will also allow Game Freak to change the way some items work and/or remove items that are no longer necessary.

Case in point: TMs. All points to the fact that the main reason why item trading was forbidden between Gen 4 and Gen 5 was because they completely changed how TMs worked, including the fact that they were able to be held in Gen 4, but not in Gen 5. You could say the same also applies to the Exp. Share that was a held item in Gen 5 and became a Key Item in Gen 6.

This also means that if they decide to, for instance, change Mega Stones to Key Items in Gen 7 or remove Mega Evolutions completely, they'll be able to.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Honestly, they should have allowed most items to be transferable from game to game, such as the case with the Mega Stones. Perhaps, what they should allow is any Pokemon from X & Y to be allowed to store items with those Pokes only. In other words, you can only store items from this Gen, which IMO would be fine.

Edit: And can anybody confirm that this is the case? Has it been announced or confirmed via video,etc? Honestly, it seems really dumb to not be able to store Kalos/X&Y Pokes with items,mega stones.etc

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Honestly, they should have allowed most items to be transferable from game to game, such as the case with the Mega Stones. Perhaps, what they should allow is any Pokemon from X & Y to be allowed to store items with those Pokes only. In other words, you can only store items from this Gen, which IMO would be fine.

Edit: And can anybody confirm that this is the case? Has it been announced or confirmed via video,etc? Honestly, it seems really dumb to not be able to store Kalos/X&Y Pokes with items,mega stones.etc

pokemon are not accepted when holding an item, confirmed by nintendo and people using the bank. idk how the transfer system worked in the past so i have no idea if this is a first or if you've never been able to transfer pokemon with items.

Years
  • According to a very credible source, I believe I have found the reason behind the pokebank delay!

Reggie Fils-Aimé's Twitter
    "Every time someone tweets me or @nintendoamerica about pokebank, I delay it a day longer"

It's already a lot more information than what we have received since the start :)
    Pokemon Bank

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    GF won't get rid of Megas. I don't see why they would ever be Key Items. The Pokémon is required to hold it. Imagine if they were Key Items, Mega Kangaskhan with Life Orb.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I don't see why they would ever be Key Items. The Pokémon is required to hold it. Imagine if they were Key Items, Mega Kangaskhan with Life Orb.

That was just an example of how items' use can change between generations :) .
    My point basically was: right now, every Pokémon GF creates is basically set in stone, since all of them come back more or less as they are in next generations. Disabling item transfer between generations basically means that this is no longer the case for the items, and GF can shake up things all they want when it comes to items, which they have been doing, and hopefully will keep doing so that the gameplay doesn't stagnate.

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • According to a very credible source, I believe I have found the reason behind the pokebank delay!

Reggie Fils-Aimé's Twitter
    "Every time someone tweets me or @nintendoamerica about pokebank, I delay it a day longer"

It's already a lot more information than what we have received since the start :)
    Pokemon Bank

Wouldn't put it past 'em.

Back