• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    It shouldn't block a Pokémon with 6 perfect IVs, since they can happen in a game without hacks.

I know, but I heard that was one of the ways they were preventing legal hacked Pokemon (i.e. ones you could technically get yourself in-game) from being sent over. I doubt it's true anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is it holding something? I've also heard a rumour that sometimes it stops you from transferring Pokemon that have 6 perfect IVs, although I'm not sure how accurate that is, since I got a 6IV Heatran in a trade...

Yeah I don't think it's very accurate at all. I was EXTREMELY worried about it, but since Pokebank opened the second time I got a 6IV Darkrai from Sinnoh and a 6IV Ditto from Unova, so it doesn't look like 6IV pokemon are being blocked (Thankfully!) But once it does become available here I have two Smeargles and a Cinccino that I myself bred that all have 6IVs so I can find out for sure then.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • At this point I almost don't care about Bank Anymore.

After Realizing all my EV/IV Pokemon are speced for the Gen5 Metagame. Gen6 is a different beast.

Also, I could just trade for the amazing pokemon I need from Bank, but haven't because I have my own in Gen5...

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    it's the same thing, everything is being taken down on the 4th for about 16 hours

Actually, no it is not the same thing. The PGL and Nintendo Network maintenance are two completely different things. Earlier you specifically said the PGL maintenance, and now you are talking about the Nintendo Network maintenance. This confused me to believe you were talking about the PGL. I am sorry I was confused, but next time please be more specific with what maintenance you are talking about, because that is not the PGL.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Actually, no it is not the same thing. The PGL and Nintendo Network maintenance are two completely different things. Earlier you specifically said the PGL maintenance, and now you are talking about the Nintendo Network maintenance. This confused me to believe you were talking about the PGL. I am sorry I was confused, but next time please be more specific with what maintenance you are talking about, because that is not the PGL.

ALL of pokemon x and y will be down for maintenance, not nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    ALL of pokemon x and y will be down for maintenance, not nintendo.

Actually I think Crossbows is partially correct, it says "Affected Services:Nintendo 3DS" and Pokemon Global Link (PGL) is a website separate from the 3DS online trading/battling/etc. for Pokemon X and Y, but on top of that, it's not the 4th it's going out, it's the 3rd: "From Monday, February 3, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00 AM Pacific Time" (so from 4pm PST/ 7pm EST on the third until 12:00am PST/ 3:00am EST) which is a weird time to take it offline, you'd think from midnight until 7am or some other span over the middle of the night, not right in the evening, but whatever.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I know, but I heard that was one of the ways they were preventing legal hacked Pokemon (i.e. ones you could technically get yourself in-game) from being sent over. I doubt it's true anyway.

Hopefully they don't do that.
    As I've already explained before, it is quite possible to detect illegal Pokémon such as Wondertombs, but a hack checker that detects hacked legal Pokémon with 100% precision is impossible. The data structure for Gens 1 to 5 has been reverse engineered a while ago, so absolutely everything about a Pokémon from those games can be forged to look legit.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Actually I think Crossbows is partially correct, it says "Affected Services:Nintendo 3DS" and Pokemon Global Link (PGL) is a website separate from the 3DS online trading/battling/etc. for Pokemon X and Y, but on top of that, it's not the 4th it's going out, it's the 3rd: "From Monday, February 3, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00 AM Pacific Time" (so from 4pm PST/ 7pm EST on the third until 12:00am PST/ 3:00am EST) which is a weird time to take it offline, you'd think from midnight until 7am or some other span over the middle of the night, not right in the evening, but whatever.

PGL is an online service just like GTS and Battle Spot and everything else that has to do with the internet and pokemon. You're just splitting hairs. Everything will be down for maintenance and this has gone way off track from the Bank, so it stops now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hopefully they don't do that.
    As I've already explained before, it is quite possible to detect illegal Pokémon such as Wondertombs, but a hack checker that detects hacked legal Pokémon with 100% precision is impossible. The data structure for Gens 1 to 5 has been reverse engineered a while ago, so absolutely everything about a Pokémon from those games can be forged to look legit.

on top of that, they don't really even NEED to block hacked pokemon, just change them once they are entered into the bank. Lemme explain:

Venipede (and it's evolutions) in Gen 5 had the hidden ability Quick Feet. This gen, that hidden ability has been changed to Speed Boost, so when you trade a venipede (or its line) with that hidden ability from an old game, it's hidden ability gets changed during the transition to Speed Boost, so any other pokemon (like a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard) could simply be changed to have it's hidden ability it's normal ability. Presumably however teh game changes Venipede (and whatever other pokemon had their abilities change between gens) can be applied to the hacked pokemon too.

PGL is an online service just like GTS and Battle Spot and everything else that has to do with the internet and pokemon. You're just splitting hairs. Everything will be down for maintenance and this has gone way off track from the Bank, so it stops now.

Uh, no, no it's not. By that logic when the PGL site goes down (which is A LOT) then nothing online with any pokemon game will work (no trading, no battling, no Wonder Trades, no GTL) and that simply does not happen. The Gamesync seems to routinely go down at least once a day but everything else in game still works even when the site is not. Why do you think we need to use gamesync at all? It's so the network governing the internet portion of the games can interact with your information on the PGL website. If they were the same thing, when you buy items or play the balloon popping you wouldn't need to gamesync, they would just show up in your game. And further, when you accumulate Pokemiles in the game or make online trades, all that information would automatically be on the PGL website, but none of that information is sent from your game to the PGL until you actively sync them (or if you have it automatically set to do it every time you save, however, as I pointed out earlier, Gamesync goes out SO often that I just have it on manual) "splitting hairs" doesn't apply to two completely different things.

Last edited:

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • I'm getting tired of waiting for this crap. ONE announcement is all it takes to let your fans know when this will be released. Stop making us endure these weeks with no information whatsoever about the app! "Thank you for being patient." NOPE I'M DONE!

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • This is why I'm getting people with Pokemon Bank from the other side of the world to help me instead of waiting around wasting my time.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • I'm sure they're (Nintendo/Gamefreak) not giving us a time for an expected release date since it failed on it's official release day. They don't want to make a promise they can't keep is what I'm trying to say.

So just keep waiting! xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    its about to be a pokemon revolution (pun and reference intended) the servers can definately handle it if it had major reconstruction done to it that day on christmas. and some people wont trade bank pokemon because since you cant get them in game theyre considered rare so its almost impossible to get them. we cant fend for ourselves right now GF and Ninten! it must be annoying getting all of those tweets about pokebank, and if its so annoying, give the fans what they want!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

From Monday, February 3, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Tuesday, February 4, 2014 12:00 AM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    Nintendo 3DS
    - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

so yeah, online will be down

This has been done many times before. It is not related to the Pokemon Bank. It is an IN GAME update with current standings for the Battle Spot Records. Its the same as syncing the records with the game so that both the PGL and the games show the same statistics for the games. Its a type of thing updated every so often. It was done at least twice in January. One wasn't even that long ago.

Sad to say, but I have serious doubt its for the PokeBank.

From Nintendo's site:

From Monday, January 6, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Monday, January 6, 2014 6:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:
    Nintendo 3DS
    - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y

*During the extended maintenance, parts of the affected services
    may be intermittently unavailable.

The maintenance is for in game updates only from what it shows. PokeBank is not part of the Pokemon games in any way. Its a separate feature that exists on its own. So its not something that would be part of this maintenance.

Here is some information from Nintendo's Network status page

"From Monday, January 27, 2014 4:00 PM
    - Monday, January 27, 2014 10:00 PM Pacific Time
    Affected Services:

• Nintendo 3DS
      • - Online Play, Rankings, etc. for Pokémon™ X, Pokémon™ Y"
    Would this be a sign of Pokemon Bank coming shortly??

It looks like they update the competitive standings every 2 weeks or so. Also during this time, Wonder Trade and Global Trade Station in the games are both still up and running. Its not a full service update, we won't lose the ability to trade through wifi. We didn't before. We will not have access to Game Sync, the Pokemon Global Link website, or Battle Spot during these times I believe. I know I couldn't do a Game Sync during the update from the 6th. Won't be able to use the Holo Caster during that time either I believe, but this is roughly all that's effected.

Its not for the Bank.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    You know what? I give up. All you naysayers really just turned the whole thing off for me.

Quite frankly no one has any idea about what Nintendo does so you can't one way or another what anything they do is for.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • All we gotta do is just mind our self and by the time we do, it'll be out. It seems as if the more we wait and demands it, the longer it's gonna be.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We've been getting a lot of posts here that are sort of… off-topic and disrespectful. x-x Could you guys please tone it down a little bit and try to keep everything in-balance? If not, then I might have to close this thread down until the actual release of PokéBank. Just be a little more careful about what you post, guys.

Back