• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
  • This topic seems to have gotten out of hand... Most people are just ranting and posting about how the Bank isn't out yet and that's... kinda sad to be honest. Ah well, it'll be out soon and then people will stop posting things like this.

And start posting "Remember when PokeBank took forever to come out? LOLNINTENDO HOW BAD

Although, I too want this pretty badly, since I've never really been one to trade Pokemon with people. But I still don't see why people need it so... soon. I say let it take its time so that when it IS released, it can be the best possible. We don't want another Sonic 06 going around....

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This topic seems to have gotten out of hand... Most people are just ranting and posting about how the Bank isn't out yet and that's... kinda sad to be honest. Ah well, it'll be out soon and then people will stop posting things like this.

And start posting "Remember when PokeBank took forever to come out? LOLNINTENDO HOW BAD

Although, I too want this pretty badly, since I've never really been one to trade Pokemon with people. But I still don't see why people need it so... soon. I say let it take its time so that when it IS released, it can be the best possible. We don't want another Sonic 06 going around....
    I don't think that it's so much that people need it, but rather we were given an initial release date, and after more than a month of waiting, we still have relatively no idea when it's going to come out. Plus Asia already has it, so that seems to rile up people. I could be wrong though.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • I don't think that it's so much that people need it, but rather we were given an initial release date, and after more than a month of waiting, we still have relatively no idea when it's going to come out. Plus Asia already has it, so that seems to rile up people. I could be wrong though.

No, that does sound about right. I'm just not riled up as easily by such things, I suppose.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    some people are waiting on it so they can keep playing the game. Complete pokedexs, start new games, etc. People made plans for its initial release and when it didn't come and lack of news, it was a major disappointment. This isn't like a game being delayed, they can only delay if it's in a certain point of development. The bank was delayed the day before release. So it's just a major let down, like not getting that christmas present you really wanted.

PS. Sorry for being bad

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2014
    I don't think it the delay that pissing most people off it the lack of communication from Nintendo and Pokémon that is doing it. If your having problems say so and try to give us a idea when it will be out don't be like here it is for japan screw the rest of the world with not a word to say why

Reactions: Nah

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Still no info on the Bank....

*twiddles thumbs*

Years
  • Found someone willing (and trustworthy) who is going to hold on to my Pokemon while I restart my game... So I don't get to play through with some of my old low level shinies like I wanted, but at least I can restart and play with different starters.

If only Bank was on time so I didn't have to ask someone to trade an entire box of Pokemon with me!

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Found someone willing (and trustworthy) who is going to hold on to my Pokemon while I restart my game... So I don't get to play through with some of my old low level shinies like I wanted, but at least I can restart and play with different starters.

If only Bank was on time so I didn't have to ask someone to trade an entire box of Pokemon with me!

Thats nice of them.

I also found someone who was willing to trade me most of my lengendaries from B2 to my X with nothing in return. Very cool guy, but he's from the UK and so it's quite hard to be on both at the same time when I'm here in the US.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This topic seems to have gotten out of hand... Most people are just ranting and posting about how the Bank isn't out yet and that's... kinda sad to be honest. Ah well, it'll be out soon and then people will stop posting things like this.

The thing that people are frustrated with (me included) is that they're not telling us anything. I'd be perfectly fine if they delayed it for an entire year, but it'd be nice if they told us that.

But I still don't see why people need it so... soon.

I wouldn't call 1 and a half months after the scheduled release date "soon".

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Yes, we are angry because we aren't being told anything. The wait wouldn't be so bad as long as we got some word.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I absolutely agree with the above post.

I think most of the frustration is exactly because there was all this hype for the December 27th release, but after they postponed the release: freakin' crickets! No release date, nothing.

Every post by Nintendo on any social media platform has at least 30% of the replies that mention the Pokémon Bank and how we still have no information on when it is going to be released, it is impossible for them not to realize the demand for this piece of software and the bad publicity they are attracting by not even keeping us up to date about the release date.

I guess a big part of the frustration also comes from the fact that Pokémon Transfer, a feature that has been integrated directly into previous games, is, for absolutely no reason, now an online-only feature coupled with the Pokémon Bank, and had to be delayed along with its parent application.

But I still don't see why people need it so... soon.
    It stopped being "too soon" the moment Pokémon X and Y were released. Even the December release date was already a bit too late.

So the big commotion on twitter is that South America now has pokebank... Haha I think Nintendo is doing this to the US on purpose

Proof, please?

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • Isn't South America part of NoA? As in everything gets released in both NA and SA at the same time?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I've been pretty patient with this whole situation although I am starting to feel impatient about it. It's been over a month and we've had no word about any given release date, not even a "Spring 2014" or "Summer 2014", and that's what's starting to peeve me the most.

Japan and South Korea did get them a little over a week ago without announcement, so I'm thinking they're going to gradually release it over a period of time to other countries so that the servers don't freak out like they did over Christmas. Still, their silence is getting very annoying. I would prefer to wait for whatever time frame they expect to release it, than having no idea whatsoever about when it will be.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Well the Global Link site is down for maintenance.

Pretty sure that's code for Pokebank! That or Half Life 3! ;)

Hopefully you're right, even though apparently the GL got nothing to do with Pokebank. Honestly though, tomorrow seems like a more than logical release date, being two weeks since Japan got it. Anyways, I'm hoping it gets released tomorrow, because I'm getting really sick of this wait, especially since there has been no announcement about the release date. Also, if I remember correctly, the maintenance period is a little longer than usual...................

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well the Global Link site is down for maintenance.

Pretty sure that's code for Pokebank! That or Half Life 3! ;)

That's got nothing to do with PokéBank, unfortunately. According to Serebii, they took the site down so that they could update Game Sync.

Back