• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
Years
  • <p>
    Who's crying? If you're meaning to imply that's what my previous post was, then what an asinine thing to say. I'm simply theorizing on what the cause may be to this, in the hopes that perhaps we can ascertain, at the very least to some degree of certainty, when it will be resolved. If you can identify anywhere in my post where any grievance or any sentiment beyond innocent speculation was expressed then, I would appreciate if you pointed it out, but nonetheless I can assure you that you're mistaken.
    </p><p> there was meant to be a face on the end of that to imply humour, sorry :P</p>

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Crazy what a difference a smiley face or lack thereof can make on the internets...

But yea, I *hoping* it comes out later today, but there's just no telling these days...this whole thing has been pretty unpredictable lol

Years
  • I beat Serena with my favorite team !!!! Guys, I am pretty sure it's going to be released today in America. It's just too early yet!

Did any of you pay the fee? I wanted to pay but I didn't know what I was doing and it says that I have the free trial lol

No I haven't paid. I'm going to get all transfering I need done in the trial period. I was going to pay origionally but after how long I've waited I'd rather just get it done for free and then not use it anymore.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
  • So excited we've finally got it in the UK. Got to transfer my long-time partner (Shiny Mightyena) over and play with him in Amie. Found him in Emerald as a wild encounter about 8-9 years ago (I was only 9-10 years old at the time) and brought him through each game since. Mightyena is my favourite Pokémon too, so getting him as my first legit Shiny was amazing.

Years
  • No I haven't paid. I'm going to get all transfering I need done in the trial period. I was going to pay origionally but after how long I've waited I'd rather just get it done for free and then not use it anymore.

well, I want to support it and because I always buy the new titles I want to upload every Pokemon on the Bank for the future Pokedex entries. Guess, I'll have to wait till my pass expires so I can buy one.

Years
  • well, I want to support it and because I always buy the new titles I want to upload every Pokemon on the Bank for the future Pokedex entries. Guess, I'll have to wait till my pass expires so I can buy one.

I always buy new games but I'm not paying for something I won't use after a few days anyway when I already waited over a month longer for it {XD} Better off spending the money on bills and groceries really ;)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I always buy new games but I'm not paying for something I won't use after a few days anyway when I already waited over a month longer for it {XD} Better off spending the money on bills and groceries really ;)

^This. It really makes me wonder why they offered a free trial, knowing that so many people would do this :P Of course, I'm not complaining.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • for £4.50 a year, and confirmed that it'll keep your Pokémon but not allow access if subscription is lapsed then I reckon its a good deal. Personally I'll probably pay at some point but undecided for now.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I envy all you PAL Region users xD! Got Pokemon Bank while us State side have to wait still.

I assume Nintendo/GameFreak are taking it slow and letting the Servers adjust or see how they hold up by releasing to PAL before typical USA first. As I'd imagine release to USA is a harder blow to the servers than the PAL Territories.

Well I have my fingers crossed for a U.S. release either later today or tomorrow.. Currently 4:15am Pacific time and no release... hopefully they won't keep us waiting for days or weeks.

Years
  • I always buy new games but I'm not paying for something I won't use after a few days anyway when I already waited over a month longer for it {XD} Better off spending the money on bills and groceries really ;)

Well, there are people (including me) that breed too many Pokemon that the boxes are not enough, If you want to have every Pokemon of the Pokedex and the Pokemon that you breed.

for £4.50 a year, and confirmed that it'll keep your Pokémon but not allow access if subscription is lapsed then I reckon its a good deal. Personally I'll probably pay at some point but undecided for now.

^ This. It's not that the fee is every month. I can handle 5 Euros/year.

Has anyone used poke transporter yet? Did it go without a hitch?

Yeah, I used it. It's cool although you can transfer only 1 box at a time. Only the "Box 1" can be transfered so you have to switch between "Pokemon Bank and XY" and "Poke Transporter and B/W/B2/W2" a lot.

PokeJakobb

Pokemon?
    Years
  • I'd say it would be released in the US at 9am, same as the UK - that's the usual time for applications to be released, whereas it would be midnight if it was a complete game.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Got home, heard PokeBank is up for decent countries, download it, start up the app and then...

Pokemon Bank

I have no time left on my PokeBank pass? How on earth did my 30-day free period expire when I only just installed it? Anyone else have a similar problem?

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you have to "purchase" a trial pass. Damn Nintendo is dumb (and me too I guess, lol)

Years
  • Well, there are people (including me) that breed too many Pokemon that the boxes are not enough, If you want to have every Pokemon of the Pokedex and the Pokemon that you breed.

I wasn't saying that no one should pay for it. I see how useful it is, but I don't keep a living Pokedex and when I do breed I generally release the extras anyway, I only breed for shinies not stats so I don't really need to pay for it just to transport my Pokemon :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm surprised Europe got Pokémon Bank before North America, if anything I would have thought it to been the other way around. Pretty cool though, going to download it now. n_n

Years
  • I'm surprised Europe got Pokémon Bank before North America, if anything I would have thought it to been the other way around. Pretty cool though, going to download it now. n_n

I'd assume they'll get it today too and it's only the time difference that's made us get it first? It's rare for us to actually get things first :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Uff, now I'm even more annoyed that I don't have WiFi access here at uni... Guess I'm going to have to wait it out.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • Finally! Downloading this tonight when I get back home.

And while I'm happy about the bank being finally released in Europe, I'll say this: never forget. The way Nintendo/GF/whoever handled the delay was abysmal, and while I hope they learned their lesson, I still think their customers were angry for a good reason. I'm not the one who would call for a boycott, but if they handle one more delay in the same manner, well, that's what they deserve.

Back