• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Got home, heard PokeBank is up for decent countries, download it, start up the app and then...

Pokemon Bank

I have no time left on my PokeBank pass? How on earth did my 30-day free period expire when I only just installed it? Anyone else have a similar problem?

EDIT: Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you have to "purchase" a trial pass. Damn Nintendo is dumb (and me too I guess, lol)

Yeah that confused me too for a moment. Poor communication on Nintendo's part I think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Well keep in mind in North America we get things at 9am normally (sometimes big name games at midnight the day of) and also usually on Thursday (again, unless its a big name release) and I don't knwo what time zone they release thing at 9am in either (eastern or Pacific) so we COULD get it anywhere from 1 - 4 hours from now (depending on which time zone they use) we COULD get it Thursday, or not until Pokemon Z comes out ;-) but in any case, it makes sense for Europe to get it before North America just because it's later there than here

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • <p>
    Uff, now I'm even more annoyed that I don't have WiFi access here at uni... Guess I'm going to have to wait it out.
    </p><p> do you not have a phone capable of internet sharing? Mines pretty old and managed it. Also managed to transfer loads of pokes from my second Y to my main one on mobile net. Really annoying that you cant transfer mega stones via bank.....</p><p> </p><p>managed to get pokelink on my spare Y's menu but not my main one and now my Celebi has the other games Trainer ID :( anyone know how to get the link onto my other game instead?</p>

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • for those in america if you don't have access today i will open my pokemon white 2 for trades and you guys can trade to me a few mons you want transfering across and i'll trade back to you in x/y

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • And then there was just America....

I'm glad to see that the Bank is starting to spread (For lack of a better word) though. I'm going to remain optimistic and say that we'll get it in The States in a few days (I really don't see it coming out today). I just hope it goes smoothly and it doesn't get delayed....again.

UniVolt

All about attack
    Years
  • got the pokebank. How do we get Celebi though?

edit : nevermind. went on it again and there it was.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I read XY sold more units in North America than in Japan so maybe Nintendo is taking that into account here, as it'll be horrible if PokéBanks NA's release crashed the servers yet again before the rest could play it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Hell yeah! Just dowonladed PokeBank! After 39 days of delay I finally get he chance to get my Celebi :3. Feel bad for America though...

Years
  • Also, for those who got it, I can say that HM moves can pass through Poke Transporter. I forgot to erase 'Fly' from my Charizard and I saw it now that it passed without any problems! :)

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I read XY sold more units in North America than in Japan so maybe Nintendo is taking that into account here, as it'll be horrible if PokéBanks NA's release crashed the servers yet again before the rest could play it.

This probably could be why Europe got it first. Logically that makes sense.

I'm really hopeful that the US will get it soon now since Europe and Australia got it today.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • This probably could be why Europe got it first. Logically that makes sense.

I'm really hopeful that the US will get it soon now since Europe and Australia got it today.

Pff, I'm not, to be honest. This just reads as a big middle finger to the Americas to me, so at this point I wouldn't doubt that they're willing to delay it for however long they feel like. Now I wouldn't put it past them to delay it until Z comes out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    <p></p><p> do you not have a phone capable of internet sharing? Mines pretty old and managed it. Also managed to transfer loads of pokes from my second Y to my main one on mobile net. Really annoying that you cant transfer mega stones via bank.....</p><p> </p><p>managed to get pokelink on my spare Y's menu but not my main one and now my Celebi has the other games Trainer ID :( anyone know how to get the link onto my other game instead?</p>

I do, but I thought it would use a lot of data to download Pokemon Bank and transfer a load of Pokemon too. How much data did it use up when you did it?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ya know, it's good that the Bank FINALLY got released outside of Japan and Korea, but...I was kinda hoping that everyone would get it. Glad for those of you in Australia and Europe. But I still gotta keep waiting. *sigh* If they make us wait too much longer...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Pff, I'm not, to be honest. This just reads as a big middle finger to the Americas to me, so at this point I wouldn't doubt that they're willing to delay it for however long they feel like. Now I wouldn't put it past them to delay it until Z comes out.

Man, people just have no patience! First off, again, except for big name games, software gets released at 9am. It's not 9am yet in the Pacific time zone so therefore there's still an hour and a half before we all get butt hurt. ;-) Second, from Nintendo.com:
    How often will new games and content be added to Nintendo eShop?
    Games and other content will be added to the service every Thursday morning.

So if we don't get it today, we might get it Thursday (again, at 9am) because as popular as Pokemon is, a companion app likely doesn't get teh same priority as Super Mario 3D world or a new Legend of Zelda game so they're not likely going to make a special exception for it. If it comes out on any day other than thursday, it's still going to be coming out at 9am, just like any other app in the eShop

Years
  • I don't mind too much that the US doesn't have it yet since we're clearly making a lot of progress with so many other places having gotten it. Won't be too far off now! /fingers crossed

Years
  • So happy this has been released at last, ohohoho! It is very useful, especially since I've had my boxes filled with random Pokémon for very long.
    Also, I feel very lucky with this Celebi! It has Modest nature with perfect HP, Sp. Atk and Speed IVs!
    An excellent offensive Celebi!

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • The bank was released today here in England, got my first legitimate Celebi ever, some of my older Pokémon [including a clone of my Emerald team] are now in the newest game... yep it's been a good day in my opinion.

Back