• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
  • lol the bank is hilarious. My brother just tried to send some hacked mons from Black2 to his pokebank... All of 8 em were let in, but his legit Lugia that he'd brought through from SS to black2 was blocked. So he tried making a new Lugia using Pokegen with max IVs and EVs and it got through lol.

O_O' oh you silly devs...

Same here. Some legit DW Pokémon and my legit cloned Coliseum Bonus Disc Jirachi wouldn't go through. I'm going to hack some event Jirachi to make up for it.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Is anyone else disappointed with how friggen' tedious transferring is? Leave it to Game Freak to make the whole process unnecessarily long, less simple than it could of been, and down right annoying.
    Really the only thing that I find tedious is the Gen 4 to 5 transfer, which is only somewhat relevant, but still. Most of my 'mons are still on Pearl, never got them to BW. Don't understand why they couldn't just use all DS games for transfer.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Is anyone else disappointed with how friggen' tedious transferring is? Leave it to Game Freak to make the whole process unnecessarily long, less simple than it could of been, and down right annoying.

So how does being ungrateful feel like?

You can literally transfer 30 Pokémon at the same time in like 15 seconds and all you gotta do is move them out of the transfer box and put more Pokémon in Box 1.

Sure, it could have been made faster, but really? To go and complain that the transfer process is "friggen' tedious"? Come on...
    Would you rather be limited to 6 Pokémon at once a day and having to take the time to go and find them in tall grass to capture them back?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Also, did anyone not get their Celebii?
    I tried to get it, but all I got was BP points.

Here's how u can get Celebi...
    1. Download Pokémon Bank.
    2. Go into the app, and set up your Bank.
    3. You'll be given a choice to receive 100 Pokémiles or 10 BP from Brigette. Choice either, and after this choice, save, quit, and go back onto Pokémon X/Y.
    4. On the opening screen of Pokemon X/Y, open "Pokémon Link" (green button at the bottom).
    5. Select "Yes" to "retrieve data using Pokémon Link."
    6. You should receive your 100 Pokémiles/10 BP.
    7. Now, go back into the Pokémon Bank app and repeat steps 3-6. Brigette will give you a Celebi instead of the 100 Pokémiles/10 BP.

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
    Years
  • Here's how u can get Celebi...
    1. Download Pokémon Bank.
    2. Go into the app, and set up your Bank.
    3. You'll be given a choice to receive 100 Pokémiles or 10 BP from Brigette. Choice either, and after this choice, save, quit, and go back onto Pokémon X/Y.
    4. On the opening screen of Pokemon X/Y, open "Pokémon Link" (green button at the bottom).
    5. Select "Yes" to "retrieve data using Pokémon Link."
    6. You should receive your 100 Pokémiles/10 BP.
    7. Now, go back into the Pokémon Bank app and repeat steps 3-6. Brigette will give you a Celebi instead of the 100 Pokémiles/10 BP.

Ok, seems you have to go back and talk to Bridgette after getting the initial dose of BPs/Miles via the link. Than she offers up the event Pokemon for you to get via the Link. I wanna bonk the Bank website for not fully explaining this tidbit.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    it said when you first launch the bank that nicknames and OG trainers are wiped, so it should let you renickname with the name rater, shouldn't it?

It only changed the names if they were offensive. I just got mine. If neither the OT nor the nickname trigger the filter then they stay as they are. My entire Skyrim themed team kept their names.

So how does being ungrateful feel like?

You can literally transfer 30 Pokémon at the same time in like 15 seconds and all you gotta do is move them out of the transfer box and put more Pokémon in Box 1.

Sure, it could have been made faster, but really? To go and complain that the transfer process is "friggen' tedious"? Come on...
    Would you rather be limited to 6 Pokémon at once a day and having to take the time to go and find them in tall grass to capture them back?

Lets look at the history of transferring.

Gen 3 to Gen 4. Can only transfer 6 a day. Had to wait 24 hours before a new transfer could be done. Had to do a small catching game and actively search for the Pokemon. No Items or HMs allowed.

Gen 4 to 5. Could only send over 6 at a time. Could be done as many times as you wanted. No Items or HMs allowed. The PokeTransfer game was difficult to aim and the Pokemon were sometimes hard to hit with the Pokeballs.

Gen 5 to Gen 6. Ports an entire box of 30 at one time. Can be done as much as you want. Takes a few seconds to switch cartridges from Gen 5 to Gen 6 to update the bank and move from transfer to a bank box. Only Items cannot be transferred and are automatically removed.

Oh yes....So tedious. So much work and definitely not any easier than in the past.

Just to help your point~

As for myself: Movie Event Genesect, Therian Tornadus, and Terakion transferred witout a hitch so far.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Finally...Finally!!!!FINALLY!!!!! asdfdscvrfgbdfw It's been too long! Finally I can send my beloved to the new frontier. XD

Lets look at the history of transferring.

Gen 3 to Gen 4. Can only transfer 6 a day. Had to wait 24 hours before a new transfer could be done. Had to do a small catching game and actively search for the Pokemon. No Items or HMs allowed.

Gen 4 to 5. Could only send over 6 at a time. Could be done as many times as you wanted. No Items or HMs allowed. The PokeTransfer game was difficult to aim and the Pokemon were sometimes hard to hit with the Pokeballs.

Gen 5 to Gen 6. Ports an entire box of 30 at one time. Can be done as much as you want. Takes a few seconds to switch cartridges from Gen 5 to Gen 6 to update the bank and move from transfer to a bank box. Only Items cannot be transferred and are automatically removed.

Oh yes....So tedious. So much work and definitely not any easier than in the past.

Just to help your point~

As for myself: Movie Event Genesect, Therian Tornadus, and Terakion transferred witout a hitch so far.

But with pay...off course. -_-; but! =D look on the bright side. It's affordable and can store alot, I mean ALOT of Pokemon. That's worth your cash.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Has anyone else been having trouble opening up the Bank after downloading it?

Probably over 100 times now, I open up Pokémon Bank, sit through loading screens, listen to Brigette's monologue about the limitations on transferring items, and then upon the next loading screen, I disconnect from the Internet.

I initially thought it was just extremely high traffic, but my brother downloaded the app about an hour after I did and he's already got his Celebi. >_>

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Has anyone else been having trouble opening up the Bank after downloading it?

Probably over 100 times now, I open up Pokémon Bank, sit through loading screens, listen to Brigette's monologue about the limitations on transferring items, and then upon the next loading screen, I disconnect from the Internet.

I initially thought it was just extremely high traffic, but my brother downloaded the app about an hour after I did and he's already got his Celebi. >_>

got that trouble earlier. for me, it was my wifi having problems.
    i reset my router/modem/wifi probably five times before my wifi went stable enough for my 3DS. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Has anyone else been having trouble opening up the Bank after downloading it?

Hm, well, that's pretty weird. Haven't faced the problem myself, so I'm not really sure how to fix this, but... maybe you could try clearing your connection settings and set-up a new one? If that doesn't help, perhaps you should delete the app and re-install it. d:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hm, well, that's pretty weird. Haven't faced the problem myself, so I'm not really sure how to fix this, but... maybe you could try clearing your connection settings and set-up a new one? If that doesn't help, perhaps you should delete the app and re-install it. d:

That...actually worked. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. XD

DeekBoy

Go Kick Rocks
    Years
  • Has anyone been successful with sending over a Mew? That is all i really want and I can't seem to make a Mew that will pass. Any ides?

Years
  • Has anyone been successful with sending over a Mew? That is all i really want and I can't seem to make a Mew that will pass. Any ides?

I had a shiny mew come across with no problems. My Issue was a shiny regigigas. Wasn't there an "event" to get a low level one that could be rng'd to be shiny?

Back