• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
Years
  • I have some gen 3 pokemon to send over too, but I still need to catch the Regis and rayquaza in ruby so I'm not concerning myself with it yet.

yeah i'm getting the regis in my sapphire and latios in my emerald i already have latias on my sapphire :)

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I actually purchased a copy of Black 2 a few months ago when i learned about the banks ability to move pokemon over so easily. I was going to play through and collect stuff but the person who owned it before me already had a very large collection of rare pokemon so i wondered if they would transfer. I knew that alot of them where hacks, Shiny Zeckrom and reshiram, a shiny kyurem, and a shiny axew with the ot of -------. Those did not get traded over when i attempted to move them to the bank. it seems that the bank is efficient at keeping out alot of the basic hacked pokemon. But a friend of mine who uses the action replay alot has been able to trade over a great deal of hacked pokemon, BUT they have all been AR codes that activate an event or you receive them as if you were to pick them up at gamestop. It seems that if you obtain the pokemon through the event, but use a hack to trigger the even, the bank cant tell the difference.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I have a level 50 Shaymin caught in a quick ball. (From Sinnoh)

I'm uncertain whether it's legit or not.....was it ever possible to catch Shaymin at level 50? I recall the person I got it from telling me it was legit.

I managed to transfer it to X with no problem though so I'm still none the wiser. It's stats match up with expectations for it's level too. It's the only event legend I have that I'm suspicious of....

Last edited:

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    anyone else notice that transferred pokemon from black/white don't have the pokedex hexagon? is that just cuz they weren't generated in x/y or does that mean something else?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    anyone else notice that transferred pokemon from black/white don't have the pokedex hexagon? is that just cuz they weren't generated in x/y or does that mean something else?

Yeah the hexagon means the pokemon is native to Kalos. It's a way to show players what pokemon are eligible for the Kalos only tournaments.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2014
    I had a few from trades that I assumed were hacked that didn't go through. But, I somehow had legit pokemon not go through too.

My Zapdos, Moltres and Articuno that I caught in Fire Red and then my Kyogre as well as all the Regis but Regigigas (or however that's spelled and he's from Diamond anyways) from Emerald. All of which I personally caught and leveled in those games. But my Mewtwo, Groudon and Rayquaza from those games went through just fine.

No illegal moves, either. I checked!

The birds aren't a big deal since I'd just need to restart my Y game to get the last one since I've gotten one on Y and one on X but I'd really like to not have to restart Emerald for Kyogre and the Regis. *sighs*

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • So how does being ungrateful feel like?

You can literally transfer 30 Pokémon at the same time in like 15 seconds and all you gotta do is move them out of the transfer box and put more Pokémon in Box 1.

Sure, it could have been made faster, but really? To go and complain that the transfer process is "friggen' tedious"? Come on...
    Would you rather be limited to 6 Pokémon at once a day and having to take the time to go and find them in tall grass to capture them back?

You're right about that, but it is tedious when you're transferring from Black and White. Since you can't select multiple 'mons at the same time in those games, I had to empty out my box 1 one Pokemon at a time. It's pretty nifty that you can transfer 30 at a time, but it would have been nice if they hadn't made it box 1. Ah well...

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • My event Arceus failed to get sent across. :( Same with my Jirachi! Heartbroken.

thats odd since my jirachi, arceus, celebi, mew , darkari and many more event pokes got throug bank just fine granted mine was from the actual events i know some people try to hack pokes and send them through

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Did anyone manage to get through one of the shiny legendary beasts (Entei, Suicune, Raikou)? They have some moves that they can't learn normally, and I'm not sure what will happen if Poke Bank doesn't accept it...

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Did anyone manage to get through one of the shiny legendary beasts (Entei, Suicune, Raikou)? They have some moves that they can't learn normally, and I'm not sure what will happen if Poke Bank doesn't accept it...
    Mine past without a problem, all three of them. Though I deleted some event moves, there are still event moves when I sent them so they pass. Perhaps Game Freak catalogs official events and puts them in the app to allow the bank to pass them. Otherwise, the bank will consider them hacked.

Kokocat

Burning Young Heart
    Years
  • Icy roads have my first class canceled.

Spending the time sending boxes full of starters from B/W to X/Y Wonder Trade. :3

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hacked moves shouldn't affect anything, I got a Victini with V Create, Fusion Bolt and Fusion Flare (one an event Signature move, the other two being moves of Other pokemon) because, really, event pokemon (even ones given out by Nintendo like the movie Victini) given out with moves they shouldn't know are, basically, hacked. They're moves the pokemon can't learn, so you shouldn't need to delete them, as my Victini didn't need to have any moves deleted.

So to the people that have legitimate pokemon (that they're SURE are legitimate, as in they caught them themselves) are you contacting Nintendo/Gamefreak/TPC to report these? Sure you may not get a reply or help with your particular instance right away, but if enough people are reporting the issue, they could likely fix it eventually, but they won't fix something they don't know there is a problem with.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • All the hacked shinies I downloaded from YouTube GTS trade are all 1-2IVs. I guess the ones that can't make it are all 5-6IVs. Though, IVs shouldn't be a problem to get through if your Pokemons are legitimate.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    All the hacked shinies I downloaded from YouTube GTS trade are all 1-2IVs. I guess the ones that can't make it are all 5-6IVs. Though, IVs shouldn't be a problem to get through if your Pokemons are legitimate.

I've sent over nearly all of my hacked 6iv shiny Pokemon without problem. I think that how it determines if they are hacked or not, is by looking at things such as location. For example, I had a pokegen made Terrakion with 6ivs. Normally it would be accepted, however, I accidentally made it so that it said it was hatched from an egg, so it couldn't be transferred. I think that as long as you give legitimate details about when it was found, it should be fine.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    All the hacked shinies I downloaded from YouTube GTS trade are all 1-2IVs. I guess the ones that can't make it are all 5-6IVs. Though, IVs shouldn't be a problem to get through if your Pokemons are legitimate.

*points at my 6IV Event Arceus, 6IV Shiny Darkrai and 5IV Dialga* ;-)

Back