• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon Bank

Will you be doing the same thing?

• Yeah, I probably would...

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Nah, I'll stick to breeding instead.

Votes: 30 25.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    From Pokebank to gen 6, and I believe the 3ds has the problem, because every time I hit save, my 3ds says "Could not connect to the internet" and I can't access Bank for a while, then when I try the same thing, it happens again

Can your 3DS access the internet normally in other apps like the internet browser and stuff? Try turning off your 3DS completely and, for the heck of it, restart your router as well and then try it again. Sometimes it's a technical issue.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I got Pokébank downloaded yesterday, sent a couple over, will send over another batch soon. Wish we could deposit eggs...it'll make it easier to send over starter eggs over...well in BW at least since I got a person who warms eggs in my Venue in White 2 who can hatch them in an instant...

Now that it's out I'm anticipating no Pokénews of interest until they announce Pokémon Z or RSE remakes.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    YES!!!! MY BELOVED PARTNER POKEMON, KINGDRA- I MISSED YOU SO MUCH! *due to pomebank has a beautiful reunitememt with my loved and irreplaceable partner pokemon*

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I have transferred some Pokémon over. Although I did seem to have a Contrary Snivy, which it doesn't like. Halp :c

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have transferred some Pokémon over. Although I did seem to have a Contrary Snivy, which it doesn't like. Halp :c

Contrary Snivy isn't legititmately available anywhere at all so any Snivy with Contrary is hacked and the pokebank was able to see that apparently.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    didnt bring my ds with me today...the pokebank finally out for the US?

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    Has anyone done any testing to see if Pokebank will read a save file from a flash card?

Years
  • Can your 3DS access the internet normally in other apps like the internet browser and stuff? Try turning off your 3DS completely and, for the heck of it, restart your router as well and then try it again. Sometimes it's a technical issue.

Ok I'll try that, I even tried sitting next to the router but still the same and yes My 3ds can normally access the internet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Has anyone done any testing to see if Pokebank will read a save file from a flash card?

It should do, since the save files for digital copies of X/Y are saved to the SD card. And I can confirm that Pokemon Bank works for them, since I have a digital copy of X.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2014
    It should do, since the save files for digital copies of X/Y are saved to the SD card. And I can confirm that Pokemon Bank works for them, since I have a digital copy of X.

To confirm im talking about something like an R4. Not the 3DS SD Card.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    To confirm im talking about something like an R4. Not the 3DS SD Card.

Oh, I see. As far as I'm aware the 3DS doesn't recognise R4 cards (unless there's a new one I'm not aware of), so I'm not sure that would work.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • So how does being ungrateful feel like?

You can literally transfer 30 Pokémon at the same time in like 15 seconds and all you gotta do is move them out of the transfer box and put more Pokémon in Box 1.

Sure, it could have been made faster, but really? To go and complain that the transfer process is "friggen' tedious"? Come on...
    Would you rather be limited to 6 Pokémon at once a day and having to take the time to go and find them in tall grass to capture them back?

I am expected to pay for this service, it's not a gift that has been bestowed upon me by Arceus. Gratitude doesn't mean anything when the product is unintuitive, clumsy, and slow.

PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank should've been bundled together in one app. PokeTransporting should've allowed you to queue all the boxes you wanted to transfer, and have them transferred one after the other. Then, they should be deposited right into Bank (no transfer box nonsense). Done and done. That's how a sane person would've structured it. You should be able to open up the Bank and view your online Pokemon without having X/Y in the system as well.

Instead? You have to boot up your Gen 5 game. Move your Pokemon into the first box. Save. Open up PokeTransporter. Sign in. Connect to the server. Scroll through a warning EVERY TIME. Actually transfer. Disconnect. Close app. Switch game carts out to X/Y (unnecessary for digital purchases). Start Bank. Sign in. Connect to the server. Open the box. Move those Pokemon to another box (without any touch screen controls whatsoever. Like, really?). Save. Disconnect. Close app. Switch back to the Gen 5 card. Move Pokemon into Box 1. Repeat endlessly.

The point is, it takes just as long to do a Catching Show in Gen 4 as it does to transfer a box of Pokemon. We may be transferring 30 Pokemon, but REALLY? Did the process have to be structured to be so tedious? To require so many actions to transfer more than one box? So many opening and closing apps, game switches, and all of that nonsense?

When you go to a restaurant, wait an agonizingly long time for a table, are led to believe that a certain special will be amazing and order it, and the waiter puts a plate of garbage straight from the can in front of you that you're paying for, you're not grateful for it. This is what Game Freak has done with the Bank and Transporter, essentially. Just because it's "better" than the previous transfer methods doesn't mean it's good.

Gratitude has nothing to do with anything. You're not grateful when a product you buy is crap. You don't grovel at the feet of the manufacturer and shower praise upon them. I was fully ready to pay for Bank when my trial expired, but I'm definitely not after seeing how it works. (Poorly, is how it works by the way. In case you were wondering.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I am expected to pay for this service, it's not a gift that has been bestowed upon me by Arceus. Gratitude doesn't mean anything when the product is unintuitive, clumsy, and slow.

PokeTransporter and Pokemon Bank should've been bundled together in one app. PokeTransporting should've allowed you to queue all the boxes you wanted to transfer, and have them transferred one after the other. Then, they should be deposited right into Bank (no transfer box nonsense). Done and done. That's how a sane person would've structured it. You should be able to open up the Bank and view your online Pokemon without having X/Y in the system as well.

Instead? You have to boot up your Gen 5 game. Move your Pokemon into the first box. Save. Open up PokeTransporter. Sign in. Connect to the server. Scroll through a warning EVERY TIME. Actually transfer. Disconnect. Close app. Switch game carts out to X/Y (unnecessary for digital purchases). Start Bank. Sign in. Connect to the server. Open the box. Move those Pokemon to another box (without any touch screen controls whatsoever. Like, really?). Save. Disconnect. Close app. Switch back to the Gen 5 card. Move Pokemon into Box 1. Repeat endlessly.

The point is, it takes just as long to do a Catching Show in Gen 4 as it does to transfer a box of Pokemon. We may be transferring 30 Pokemon, but REALLY? Did the process have to be structured to be so tedious? To require so many actions to transfer more than one box? So many opening and closing apps, game switches, and all of that nonsense?

When you go to a restaurant, wait an agonizingly long time for a table, are led to believe that a certain special will be amazing and order it, and the waiter puts a plate of garbage straight from the can in front of you that you're paying for, you're not grateful for it. This is what Game Freak has done with the Bank and Transporter, essentially. Just because it's "better" than the previous transfer methods doesn't mean it's good.

Gratitude has nothing to do with anything. You're not grateful when a product you buy is crap. You don't grovel at the feet of the manufacturer and shower praise upon them. I was fully ready to pay for Bank when my trial expired, but I'm definitely not after seeing how it works. (Poorly, is how it works by the way. In case you were wondering.)

you do realize you are in the 30 day trial period, so feel free to cancel your subscription free of charge if it makes you want to kill yourself every time you use it. As Khrysta pointed out, it could have been WAY worse. And if you want to get technical, you AREN'T paying for Poke Transporter, you're ONLY paying for Pokebank and having been zipping back and forth between dozens of boxes and just drag and dropping up to 30 pokemon at a time between the top screen (bank) and bottom screen (game) as easily as I did within the game itself. You understand, in the most technical sense, that Pokebank is for Pokemon X and Y and up right? That the Transporter (the FREE transporter) is actually to get teh pokemon out of Gen 5 and once you're in gen 6, then it's super, abundantly easy. What we're paying for does in fact work great, and smoothly with the games it was designed to work with. It wasn't designed to work with BW/B2W2, it was designed to take the pokemon from those games and put them into itself, but you can't put anything back in, it's a one way trip so ofcourse it's going to be slow, but you only have to go through that process a max of 24 times and then you never, ever have to do it ever again as all your pokemon will now be in gen 6 and it works fantastically from that point on. If you think it works poorly, you must ONLY be using it from the gen 5 games, you coudn't possibly have used it with the gen 6 games. There you simply open the app, choose what game you want to use it with (obviousy whatever is in the slot or on your memory card) then jsut grab what you want from game and throw it in the bank, or grab what you want from the bank and put it in game (up to 30 at a time going in either direction) just as easily and quickly as moving between boxes and screen as a tap of the control pad, save, quit, play game. How could they possibly have made it easier, or faster?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • $5 Every 12 Months! I would rather spend $200 on a second Gameboy to transfer Pokemon to transfer Pokemon.

Because That IS how much it used to cost. If you wanted to transfer. You had to own two gameboys and two copies of pokemon. Most people I knew never got to do it EVER, end of story.

Now It only takes ONE gameboy. And Zero Dollars. I transfered 2 boxes of EVed mons and Legends in one day and that's about 90% of the mons worth transferring. I don't need to pay anything else.

Also, VERY happy with my old Lucario, Barker! MEGA-EVOLVE!

And my Ice Punch Aggron can OHKO Garchomp. COOL.

Years
  • Ok that's it I give up I've tried averything and the bank just won't save and thus I cannot get my LEGIT Pokemon that I spent days to get some good IVs!! Does anyone know how do I send a complaint to Nintendo?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Ok that's it I give up I've tried averything and the bank just won't save and thus I cannot get my LEGIT Pokemon that I spent days to get some good IVs!! Does anyone know how do I send a complaint to Nintendo?

You go to their website and under contact us find the feedback section. Though this needs to be sent to Pokemon.com, in which its the same thing. Feedback and proper reason for feedback.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
  • you do realize you are in the 30 day trial period, so feel free to cancel your subscription free of charge if it makes you want to kill yourself every time you use it. As Khrysta pointed out, it could have been WAY worse. And if you want to get technical, you AREN'T paying for Poke Transporter, you're ONLY paying for Pokebank and having been zipping back and forth between dozens of boxes and just drag and dropping up to 30 pokemon at a time between the top screen (bank) and bottom screen (game) as easily as I did within the game itself. You understand, in the most technical sense, that Pokebank is for Pokemon X and Y and up right? That the Transporter (the FREE transporter) is actually to get teh pokemon out of Gen 5 and once you're in gen 6, then it's super, abundantly easy. What we're paying for does in fact work great, and smoothly with the games it was designed to work with. It wasn't designed to work with BW/B2W2, it was designed to take the pokemon from those games and put them into itself, but you can't put anything back in, it's a one way trip so ofcourse it's going to be slow, but you only have to go through that process a max of 24 times and then you never, ever have to do it ever again as all your pokemon will now be in gen 6 and it works fantastically from that point on. If you think it works poorly, you must ONLY be using it from the gen 5 games, you coudn't possibly have used it with the gen 6 games. There you simply open the app, choose what game you want to use it with (obviousy whatever is in the slot or on your memory card) then jsut grab what you want from game and throw it in the bank, or grab what you want from the bank and put it in game (up to 30 at a time going in either direction) just as easily and quickly as moving between boxes and screen as a tap of the control pad, save, quit, play game. How could they possibly have made it easier, or faster?

Again, just because it could've been worse doesn't make the current implementation good. If I'm in a horrible car wreck and become paralyzed from the neck down, it could've been worse. It's still pretty horrible that I can't move my body.

Yes, we are paying for Poke Transporter. Poke Transporter doesn't function at all without the Bank, which needs to be paid for. You don't buy a museum ticket, and then view the entire museum as free.

Ah, yes. Poke Transporter, the app meant to grab Pokemon from B/W/B2/W2 save files, wasn't designed to work with B/W/B2/W2. That makes complete sense. What I'm saying is, it COULD have been designed to be less tedious and awful. Why have a transfer box at all? Poke Transporter COULD have been designed to have just dumped boxes in regular Bank boxes. But it doesn't. Poke Transporter COULD have been designed to let you queue multiple boxes to transfer. The fact that it's a one way trip doesn't correlate at all to the speed or the clumsiness of the transfers. At all.

I have used it with the Gen 6 games. And again, I'm baffled at some of the choices the dev team has made. The entire bottom screen of the 3DS is a touch screen. Where is my easy, drag and drop touch screen controls? Why are we moving back to the Gameboy Advance all of a sudden with our box management and stuck using the physical buttons? Why is the game stuck on one screen, and the bank is stuck on the other? Again, with touch controls, swapping screens with a tiny button would've been great. How hard would that have been? Utilization of the touch screen was such an... an understood design choice that I just automatically assumed they would actually make use of it. That's not really a farfetched assumption, as we've been dragging and dropping our Pokemon with a touch screen in the boxes since the 4th generation! I just thought that THE box accessory/companion would be a little more user friendly in that regard. Actually no, a lot more user friendly.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Deokishisu, its really not that bad of a system. It sure as **** isn't perfect, but its way faster than the old just 6 at a time+mini-game transfer.

Back