• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Battle Site

Lusidea

Lolwut
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Pokemon Battle/Tournament Site

If you read this, please post with your views, ideas and comments.

Ok so i'm thinking of making a site, it will be a Pokemon based site (obviously) and will center around Wi-Fi battling, tournaments and maybe showing off your team. I've been thinking about this idea for a while, and was wondering if you'd be interested in using such a thing. The proposed features will be:
    • Showing off your Pokemon Team
    • Compatibility for Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Platinum
    • Official tornaments
    • Player-made tournaments
    • PM System
    Maybes will include

• Trading system, like an auction, but with Pokemon instead on money
    • Leaderboards (currently thinking of how this could work)
    • Official "Gym Leaders" where you can challenge people who have based there team around a type
    • Various ways to say what you have done within your games (e.g. Beat first gym, second ect, beat the Elite 4, and catch various types of rare Pokemon)
    Comment on if you think this is a good idea, and if you would truly use it. Also, please post any questions you might have, and i'll try to answer them, also post suggestions.

Thanks, Lusidea

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • Sounds like a combination between Smogon/Shoddy Battle and Pokemon Crater...

The idea seems to have already been acted on, but what you should do is check those two sites out to figure out what they're lacking.

Lusidea

Lolwut
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Sounds like a combination between Smogon/Shoddy Battle and Pokemon Crater...

The idea seems to have already been acted on, but what you should do is check those two sites out to figure out what they're lacking.

Thanks for posting. Ive had a look at Shoddy Battle, and i've figured out that it doesn't actually have anything to do with the official games? I might've been mistaken, if i have, just say, but i dont think it does. And i've played Pokemon Crater before, its a fansite basically, this wont be. Its for the official games. You can pick your Pokemon, like Shoddy, and they will appear on your Roster. But, other players can view them and challenge you to battles over Wi-Fi using the official games.

Sorry if the description above confused you, but this is going to be based around battling Pokemon from the official games (D, P & Pl). If you till don't get it, take a look at MLG (Search it on Google), this is what im basing my idea on. But it won't be that commercialized.

Years
  • Well it sounds like a great idea...personally I would participate in a web site like the one you're proposing...I liked the tournament part...congrats great idea!

Lusidea

Lolwut
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    Well it sounds like a great idea...personally I would participate in a web site like the one you're proposing...I liked the tournament part...congrats great idea!

Thanks, if more people like the idea, i'm going to post a page with my ideas, and put up a poll to think of a good name.

Keep posting guys, only 2 users have. :(

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I must say I love the idea, especially the gym leader idea. Good luck with this idea it sounds like it'd be a really cool idea to have. Maybe an idea for the auction is to have "fake" money like pokedollars that you gain by winning etc, then using that towards getting pokemon auctioned off. Just my little thought, other than that it sounds like a really awesome idea.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Woah, good luck with the programming, server, costs, and stuff.

I agree, the concept is good... but did you ever think about your management on it? I'm pretty sure it takes some tough Programming Language to make a website like that. I'm not pretty sure which one though.

If you know you will have the time, money, and dedication, then go ahead and knock yourself out till 2 AM.

If you are only gonna rave on the ideas and not the actions... then just find something else for the sake of the internet.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    That'd be a great place. I really like that Gym Leader idea as well. If you can do it, definitely go ahead!

Back