• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon berry theory...

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2013
    I have a theory about Pokemon berries...

They are not held by the pokemon like you would be an apple in your nhand as some pokemon do not have arms... So... I think they hold them INSIDE their bodies...

I believe that berries are held inside the body and are actived by a stimilus i.e low health would active the Oran or Struius berries... And being hit by an elemental attack would active the weakening berry...

But that doesn't stop trick/switcharoo... As for frisk... the Pokemn and feel berries...

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Somehow, I think that your theory only applies to berries in-game. I think I've seen a few Pokemon "holding" berries in the anime, in which they use it as a necklace. I don't remember if they actually use the berry, but that should be something.

Again, one of those topics that can spark the imagination of a lot of Pokemon fans! I just hope no-one turns this into some kind of creepypasta. ;;

Cyndaquil312

It's been 7 years... but i've returned once more.
    Years
  • It makes sense, but then again, I'd have to agree with Zeffy about it only applying to "In-game." they've shown Pokemon eating berries in the anime, (although I think it was just to show something other than poke-food).

As for "In-game" what about Fling? "Attacks by throwing the users held item." I think regurgitating and throwing a berry would be a little... awkward. (hope that isn't turning this in to 'some kind of creepypasta')
    On the other hand, I think the attack Nature Gift fits perfectly with this; "Type and attack power varying upon the type of berry" In which case, harnessing the berry's power internally would be understandable (especially for things like fire, water, etc. where the attack is generally powered from inside the body.)
    Your idea of the attack-weakening berries fits well also, it didn't really make sense for a berry to just sit there and alter an attack, but harnessing that for inside the body makes it add up a little better. The overall concept does work better for how the berry is held in general (how can a fish HOLD anything?)
    one last thing before i finish this horribly disconnected rambling, to add to your idea; Perhaps, pokemon have a special organ, pouch or, something to store the berry it's self? instead of just sitting in their stomachs.

Last edited:

TheLegendary35

Legendary and Purple
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2022
    Perhaps Pokemon balance berries and other held items on their head like a seal, or hold it under their tongue. Then again there are some large berries, and I don't think a Joltik would want to hold one of those things either way. They'll find some way of holding onto the items.

Back