• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Birthsigns

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi...

I am using this beautiful script on my project and I have a doubt ...

When i'm trading, the outsider POKEMON comes without a birthsign.
    The only way to configure a random sign in the next POKEMON is as follows?

p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(:RATICATE,
    pbGetPokemon(25).level,$Trainer)
    p.setItem(:NUGGET)
    p.ballused=10 # Luxury Ball
    p.calcStats
    p.setRandomSign

Because if so, I can set the brithsign, but I am forced to determine the level from before, leaving aside the possibility that it match with the level of your own POKEMÓN.

Now this call allows me match the level, but doesn't allow me to select a random sign.

pbStartTrade(
    pbGet(1),
    PBSpecies::JIGGLYPUFF,
    "Jigglup",
    "Marianne"
    )

I am doing something wrong?

PD: Sorry about my english

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi...

I am using this beautiful script on my project and I have a doubt ...

When i'm trading, the outsider POKEMON comes without a birthsign.
    The only way to configure a random sign in the next POKEMON is as follows?

Because if so, I can set the brithsign, but I am forced to determine the level from before, leaving aside the possibility that it match with the level of your own POKEMÓN.

Now this call allows me match the level, but doesn't allow me to select a random sign.

I am doing something wrong?

PD: Sorry about my english

I don't really understand what you're asking, but there shouldn't be a problem setting a birthsign on a traded Pokemon. I don't really know what the Pokemon's Level has to do with anything. For example, I just set up a trade for this Pokemon:
    Code:
    p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(:CHANSEY,
       pbGetPokemon(1).level,$Trainer)
    p.setItem(:LUCKYEGG)
    p.setNature(:BOLD)
    p.ballused=10
    p.pbLearnMove(:LUCKYCHANT)
    p.setBirthsign(12)
    p.calcStats
    pbStartTrade(pbGet(1),p,
    _I("Lady Luck"),_I("Lucy"),1)

And it worked fine. I got a Chansey with 'The Wishmaker' sign with all of the other criteria I listed, and it matched the level of the Pokemon I traded. If you want a random birthsign from your active Zodiac, then use setRandomZodiac. If you want it to have a random sign out of all 33 possible signs, then use setRandomSign. Put the code BEFORE "calcStats" to make sure everything is applied properly. There shouldn't be any reason why the Pokemon's level is being affected, though. If it is, then it must simply be because you're not setting up the event correctly.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't really understand what you're asking, but there shouldn't be a problem setting a birthsign on a traded Pokemon. I don't really know what the Pokemon's Level has to do with anything. For example, I just set up a trade for this Pokemon:
    Code:
    p=PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(:CHANSEY,
       pbGetPokemon(1).level,$Trainer)
    p.setItem(:LUCKYEGG)
    p.setNature(:BOLD)
    p.ballused=10
    p.pbLearnMove(:LUCKYCHANT)
    p.setBirthsign(12)
    p.calcStats
    pbStartTrade(pbGet(1),p,
    _I("Lady Luck"),_I("Lucy"),1)

And it worked fine. I got a Chansey with 'The Wishmaker' sign with all of the other criteria I listed, and it matched the level of the Pokemon I traded. If you want a random birthsign from your active Zodiac, then use setRandomZodiac. If you want it to have a random sign out of all 33 possible signs, then use setRandomSign. Put the code BEFORE "calcStats" to make sure everything is applied properly. There shouldn't be any reason why the Pokemon's level is being affected, though. If it is, then it must simply be because you're not setting up the event correctly.

Sorry, I have a hard time explaining myself in English, but you understood well ... My problem was that I could not reach to this code that you make... and now it works well ... Thank you very much ... :D

Years
    • Seen today
    Sorry, I have a hard time explaining myself in English, but you understood well ... My problem was that I could not reach to this code that you make... and now it works well ... Thank you very much ... :D

Ok, as long as I helped.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2020
    Haha people who can't appreciate your good work :D
    I just discovered this and I might add it to my game later. The script is really creative thank you very much even though you did this 4 years ago :p

Years
    • Seen today
    Haha people who can't appreciate your good work :D
    I just discovered this and I might add it to my game later. The script is really creative thank you very much even though you did this 4 years ago :p

Thanks, hope you enjoy it. I may have posted this years ago, but it's gone through many updates, revisions, and expansions, so it's still an ongoing work.

Years
    • Seen today
    The Fool might be bugged. if you use it's party effect on a pokemon about to evolve it'll trigger again

Ok I just did some testing, and I haven't been able to replicate this bug. Are you sure you aren't just mashing A after the target Pokemon evolves, and activating the command a second time? What were the specific conditions where you noticed this bug?

Pokeminer20

PDM20, Coder of Chaos!
    Years
    Ok I just did some testing, and I haven't been able to replicate this bug. Are you sure you aren't just mashing A after the target Pokemon evolves, and activating the command a second time? What were the specific conditions where you noticed this bug?

I saw the initial bug occur in this video, but I'm unsure if he's mashing A or not. all things considered, I'd expect it to work by forcing you out of the select menu then you'd have to do it again giving how it works

Years
    • Seen today
    I saw the initial bug occur in this video, but I'm unsure if he's mashing A or not. all things considered, I'd expect it to work by forcing you out of the select menu then you'd have to do it again giving how it works

Fair enough. He was definitely mashing in that video, but you raise a good point that it's probably better designed if it cancels out of the selection after an evolution. That's a simple fix, I just have to add a break line in the evolution check. I'll add that in now.

Years
    Trainer Birthsigns add-on script gives me this error at the start of the game, before tittle screen:
    Pokemon Birthsigns

Code:
      # Trainer sign is set to adventure start month by default
      alias birthsign_initialize initialize
      def initialize(name,trainertype)
        birthsign_initialize(name,trainertype)
        [COLOR="Red"]@zodiacflag=$PokemonGlobal.startTime.mon[/COLOR]
      end
    end

How do I fix it? The essentials v: 17.2 and i tested this with a new game and i do not change anything with your scripts.

Years
    • Seen today
    Trainer Birthsigns add-on script gives me this error at the start of the game, before tittle screen:
    Pokemon Birthsigns

Code:
      # Trainer sign is set to adventure start month by default
      alias birthsign_initialize initialize
      def initialize(name,trainertype)
        birthsign_initialize(name,trainertype)
        [COLOR="Red"]@zodiacflag=$PokemonGlobal.startTime.mon[/COLOR]
      end
    end

How do I fix it? The essentials v: 17.2 and i tested this with a new game and i do not change anything with your scripts.

I'm not sure, I can't seem to replicate this error. I tried starting a new game, even deleting my old save files and playing on a clean copy of Essentials 17.2 and I don't get any errors before or after the title screen or anywhere else. Where is it that you have all the birthsign scripts located in your project? It should be near the bottom, but somewhere above "Main." I personally keep them all in between PSystem_Utilities and Debug_Menu.

Years
    I put them all above main like this:

Pokemon follower
    Pokemon amie/refresh
    Pokemon birthsigns main script
    birthsigns journal
    birthsigns events
    zodiacpowers
    trainers birthsigns.

Main

I will try in between PSystem_Utilities and Debug_Menu to see what happens. By the way, only that one gives me that error, the rest works fine.

EDIT: I obtain some results:
    1- fresh copy of essentials v17.2 don't gave me any errors, like you said.
    2- In my project it seems that some other script are clashing with this one of yours, and it gave crash at the start of the game and a diferent error in debug mode.
    3- To fix the error from the debug mode, i simply call that script in an event after the gender selection and player name, otherwise it will crash for sure.

My game has some old scripts and changes that i lost track, so, i recently "moved" it into a fresh copy of essentials, only the scripts i not moved. Then i'm adding all the plug-n-play scripts first, and i'm putting comments in the scripts with the original codes and my changes, this way i can track them better. But for some reason, your trainer birthsign script gaves me and error and crash the game after i press start a new game option. So, my guess is that some other script is clashing with yours but i don't know what script is. Maybe i should put here a list of my scripts that i added to essentials? What do you say? I will keep searching in the meantime.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I put them all above main like this:

Pokemon follower
    Pokemon amie/refresh
    Pokemon birthsigns main script
    birthsigns journal
    birthsigns events
    zodiacpowers
    trainers birthsigns.

Main

I will try in between PSystem_Utilities and Debug_Menu to see what happens. By the way, only that one gives me that error, the rest works fine.

EDIT: I obtain some results:
    1- fresh copy of essentials v17.2 don't gave me any errors, like you said.
    2- In my project it seems that some other script are clashing with this one of yours, and it gave crash at the start of the game and a diferent error in debug mode.
    3- To fix the error from the debug mode, i simply call that script in an event after the gender selection and player name, otherwise it will crash for sure.

My game has some old scripts and changes that i lost track, so, i recently "moved" it into a fresh copy of essentials, only the scripts i not moved. Then i'm adding all the plug-n-play scripts first, and i'm putting comments in the scripts with the original codes and my changes, this way i can track them better. But for some reason, your trainer birthsign script gaves me and error and crash the game after i press start a new game option. So, my guess is that some other script is clashing with yours but i don't know what script is. Maybe i should put here a list of my scripts that i added to essentials? What do you say? I will keep searching in the meantime.

It definitely seems like there's some script conflicts. I'd be interested in narrowing it down, maybe I can change mine to be more compatible with other scripts. I believe the only other scripts besides my own that are installed in the game I'm using is Luka's EBS and Pokemon Following. So you can probably eliminate those as causes if you're using those.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Wow, this is super cool...I can imagine it driving people who really worry about IVs crazy lol

Years
    I've found the troublemaker. :V

After some tests: The Trainers Birthsigns will only crashes in this 2 situations:

1- Calling the Trainers Birthsigns "player costumization" before genderselection and trainer name event script calls.
    2- It clashes with luka Ultimate tittle screen script.

Even if i put tittle screen script below all the birthsigns script, it will give me an error and crash.
    If i remove that script from the game, the game will run normally.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I've found the troublemaker. :V

After some tests: The Trainers Birthsigns will only crashes in this 2 situations:

1- Calling the Trainers Birthsigns "player costumization" before genderselection and trainer name event script calls.
    2- It clashes with luka Ultimate tittle screen script.

Even if i put tittle screen script below all the birthsigns script, it will give me an error and crash.
    If i remove that script from the game, the game will run normally.

Well the first one makes sense. I guess I should specify that you have to run the selection script AFTER the gender and naming portions. You can't quite give a sign to a trainer that hasn't been established yet. The second one I'll have to look into when I get a chance. What's the specific error that occurs when Luka's script is installed?

Back