• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Where can I find the following TM's in the January 9th demo???
    TM02: Dragon Claw
    TM13: Ice Beam
    TM14: Blizzard
    TM15: Hyper Beam
    TM21: Dazzling Gleam
    TM23: Stone Edge
    TM24: Thunderbolt
    and TM25: Thunder

Years
    • Online now
    Where can I find the following TM's in the January 9th demo???
    TM02: Dragon Claw
    TM13: Ice Beam
    TM14: Blizzard
    TM15: Hyper Beam
    TM21: Dazzling Gleam
    TM23: Stone Edge
    TM24: Thunderbolt
    and TM25: Thunder

Those are all in locations past where the demo ends.

Years
    • Online now
    Where can I find a Dusk Stone for my Lampent???

Dusk Stone isn't in the current version. Due to the small dex, I only used the stones that were around in Gen 2, so Lampent uses a Fire Stone instead.

In the Polished version, with the massively expanded Pokedex, I'll be adding back in all the newer stones though.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Is there any of the following TMs in the January 9th demo??? If so, where are they???
    TM26: Earthquake
    TM35: Flamethrower
    TM38: Fire Blast
    TM47: Flash Cannon
    and TM50: Focus Blast...

Years
    • Online now
    Is there any of the following TMs in the January 9th demo??? If so, where are they???
    TM26: Earthquake
    TM35: Flamethrower
    TM38: Fire Blast
    TM47: Flash Cannon
    and TM50: Focus Blast...

Those are also in areas beyond where the demo ends.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Super excited about this eventual release! Is the ETA still set for end of this year? I don't usually ask for dates because I know it can be annoying but this rom hack is just amazing. Haven't played the demo yet and unsure if I should as the save isn't transferrable to the final.

Years
    • Online now
    Super excited about this eventual release! Is the ETA still set for end of this year? I don't usually ask for dates because I know it can be annoying but this rom hack is just amazing. Haven't played the demo yet and unsure if I should as the save isn't transferrable to the final.

I was originally hoping for end of year, but due to a network change at work, my amount of time available to work on it was reduced to pretty much just the weekends, so it'll probably be early 2022 now. Though I did manage to get a lot done last week (finished the final Gym), and I'm making decent progress on the final few areas, so I'm hoping it won't be too far delayed.

The demo won't be transferrable though, I changed a lot of things (like adding trainer rematches, and re-organizing the encounters list), so it won't load properly in the final version, unfortunately.

Years
    • Online now
    It's been a while since I've posted an update here, but I have been busy working on things. Most of the new additions have to do with the battle engine, including new ball types, new items (Wide Lens, Rocky Helmet, weather rocks, Expert Belt, and others), adding Hail, things like that.

I've also made the change to the newer Unova style Pokecenter with combined Mart. This means that the cities and towns will need to be adjusted to remove the separate marts and add different buildings in their place. I'm currently working on filling out all of the new buildings in the towns, but here's a printout of how the new Pokecenters will look:

Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Question: Where do you originally get TM for Roar? I know it became TM for Hail at one point, but I'm just curious...

Years
    • Online now
    Question: Where do you originally get TM for Roar? I know it became TM for Hail at one point, but I'm just curious...

Roar (in the current demo) is on Route 16, at the end of the road near where the Marvelous Bridge used to be. In the next version though, Roar won't be a TM anymore, and I put a different item there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    There are 2 Marlon encounters at Undella Town at the start of the game. One was "when you first enter Undella Town and reminding you about challenging him at Humilau Gym". I don't know what was the other one. Is it during the next release or is it skippable? I don't obviously know...

Years
    • Online now
    There are 2 Marlon encounters at Undella Town at the start of the game. One was "when you first enter Undella Town and reminding you about challenging him at Humilau Gym". I don't know what was the other one. Is it during the next release or is it skippable? I don't obviously know...

Hm, there should just be the one encounter, it's when you first enter the town. There's also an encounter with him after the first Infer battle, but that's on Route 12. After the Undella Town encounter is finished, he should just go off to the gym and you won't encounter him in the overworld anymore.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I saw it on Github about one of the constant events that say "Met Marlon Undella" and the other one being "Marlon Undella". Which part of the game was the "Met Marlon Undella???"

Years
    • Online now
    I saw it on Github about one of the constant events that say "Met Marlon Undella" and the other one being "Marlon Undella". Which part of the game was the "Met Marlon Undella???"

Oh, I see. One of those flags (the "met_marlon_undella" flag) is used to check whether or not that encounter has been done yet. The other (undella_town_marlon) is the visibility flag for the Marlon object in the Undella Town map. It basically controls whether his sprite is there or not. So after the scene is over, that flag is set, which makes his sprite disappear from that map.

There are similar visibility flags for pretty much every other NPC that can disappear from a map (like the Infer encounters, Cheren in Castelia, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Question: Was the item ball across the Humilau City fence in which it requires Surf the Mystic Water or is it something else? If something else, how do you get the Mystic Water in Humilau???

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Question: Was the item ball across the Humilau City fence in which it requires Surf the Mystic Water or is it something else? If something else, how do you get the Mystic Water in Humilau???

If I recall, I believe that to be a Lucky Egg, which can be obtained once you can use Surf. You do need to go to an area with trainer's a bit overleveled to where you would be at the time (with most or all being able to avoided), and you can enter an island cave that can exit you in Humilau to obtain said Lucky Egg.

I'm not sure where the Mystic Water is, though.

Years
    • Online now
    If I recall, I believe that to be a Lucky Egg, which can be obtained once you can use Surf. You do need to go to an area with trainer's a bit overleveled to where you would be at the time (with most or all being able to avoided), and you can enter an island cave that can exit you in Humilau to obtain said Lucky Egg.

I'm not sure where the Mystic Water is, though.

The Mystic Water is in Humilau, you need surf to reach it. The Lucky Egg is in Undella Town, but it's beyond a cliff. To reach it, you need to surf through Route 21 and pass through the upper floor of the Seaside Cave.

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The Mystic Water is in Humilau, you need surf to reach it. The Lucky Egg is in Undella Town, but it's beyond a cliff. To reach it, you need to surf through Route 21 and pass through the upper floor of the Seaside Cave.

Gotcha. Got my memory turned around.

Back