• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Black and White 3: Genesis (COMPLETE!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I haven't played the game yet due to the new upcoming release not being compatible. But are abilities present in game? I didn't see them mentioned on the OP. If not, are you planning on adding them in eventually?

Your hack is so amazing regardless. It's legit my favorite Crystal hack, and I haven't even played it yet. Looking forward to its release!

Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't played the game yet due to the new upcoming release not being compatible. But are abilities present in game? I didn't see them mentioned on the OP. If not, are you planning on adding them in eventually?

Your hack is so amazing regardless. It's legit my favorite Crystal hack, and I haven't even played it yet. Looking forward to its release!

Thanks! The current version won't have abilities, though after I finish this build, I'm planning a port to the Polished Crystal engine. This will include a lot of new features, including abilities, as well as things like a larger Pokedex, larger pool of available moves, Gen 3 style box system, HGSS style Pokedex menus, as well as other smaller things.

This won't be doable yet, since the folks at Polished Crystal are still working on adding some of these things to their own engine, so I'm working on finishing up this version in the meantime.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Do you have any new map updates? Loving the design so far! What's the last map you designed?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, sorry for the delay, I always forget to update this thread since I'm usually browsing on my phone, but all the hack stuff is on my PC, lol.

Most recent maps have been the Dragonspiral Tower interiors.
    Floor 1:
    ysNJIUx.png

Floor 2:
    tv5CnW2.png

Floor 3:
    DIvkCeZ.png

Floor 4:
    4gt9FZS.png

Floor 5:
    8iOhxIj.png

Floor 6:
    LixlGz0.png

Roof:
    ueuYwcx.png

Roof at night:
    wVTc9yJ.png

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey, sorry for the delay, I always forget to update this thread since I'm usually browsing on my phone, but all the hack stuff is on my PC, lol.

Most recent maps have been the Dragonspiral Tower interiors.
    Floor 1:
    ysNJIUx.png

Floor 2:
    tv5CnW2.png

Floor 3:
    DIvkCeZ.png

Floor 4:
    4gt9FZS.png

Floor 5:
    8iOhxIj.png

Floor 6:
    LixlGz0.png

Roof:
    ueuYwcx.png

Roof at night:
    wVTc9yJ.png

This looks absolutely gorgeous! I'm so excited for next release!

Years
    • Seen today
    A question would give us a clue as would be the new Badges

Here's the source image for all of the badges, there are only 2 that weren't in the previous Unova games.
    badges.png

From top to bottom:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Don't forget to keep this thread updated! ;)

Also, is there another place I can follow this hack? Would you consider making a discord for BW3?

Years
    • Seen today
    Whoops, I forgot again...
    Most recently, I've been scripting out some of the big climax cutscenes, and working on a big overhaul of the trainers to remove a lot of the Johto-style sprites/classes, and make it more Unova feeling.

I've also been working on mapping the last few areas, most recently the Victory Road entrance. It's not finished yet, but here's where I am so far.
    XqN156F.png

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Whoops, I forgot again...
    Most recently, I've been scripting out some of the big climax cutscenes, and working on a big overhaul of the trainers to remove a lot of the Johto-style sprites/classes, and make it more Unova feeling.

I've also been working on mapping the last few areas, most recently the Victory Road entrance. It's not finished yet, but here's where I am so far.
    XqN156F.png

That looks so amazing. Love what you've done with this!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Whoops, I forgot again...

XqN156F.png

This looks gorgeous. I'm so eager to play the next version when it comes out!

Years
    • Seen today
    The past few weeks, I've been working on an overhaul of the trainer classes. The goal is to replace the Johto specific classes with ones from Unova, and update the sprites for the classes that are shared to better fit with Unova's look. Here's the new trainer sprites I've been working on so far. A good bit of them are from JaceDeane's sprite sheet, which he's allowed me to use. Some were unfinished sprites from his sheet that I've edited further. Others are done by myself from scratch, and the 2 scientist sprites specifically are from Internet Goblin, who designed them for this hack.

2tPQ8CY.png

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    The past few weeks, I've been working on an overhaul of the trainer classes. The goal is to replace the Johto specific classes with ones from Unova, and update the sprites for the classes that are shared to better fit with Unova's look. Here's the new trainer sprites I've been working on so far. A good bit of them are from JaceDeane's sprite sheet, which he's allowed me to use. Some were unfinished sprites from his sheet that I've edited further. Others are done by myself from scratch, and the 2 scientist sprites specifically are from Internet Goblin, who designed them for this hack.

2tPQ8CY.png

Oh my goodness! These are all so awesome! :D

Years
    • Seen today
    plss tell me ur still developing the game 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Yes, this game is still in development. Most recently, I've been working on overhauling the trainer classes to remove the Johto specific classes and add more of the ones from Unova. I posted some of the new trainer sprites last week, but I've made more since then. After the trainer update, I'll also be updating all of the trainer/npc text, so it's not a lot of copy/paste from Crystal anymore.

At the same time, I've been mapping out the last few overworld areas. Currently, I've been working on the entrance to Victory Road (I posted a work in progress pic a couple of weeks ago), and I'm now nearly done with that map.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • I've been playing the demo for a while and I can only say, beautiful romhack. I'm not exaggerating when I say it looks better than several GBA ROM hacks. As I said before, this game is the dream I once had, but I could never fulfill because of limitations of the early romhacking era and I wasn't talented enough to do something like this.

I'm pretty eager to see this project completed. Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been playing the demo for a while and I can only say, beautiful romhack. I'm not exaggerating when I say it looks better than several GBA ROM hacks. As I said before, this game is the dream I once had, but I could never fulfill because of limitations of the early romhacking era and I wasn't talented enough to do something like this.

I'm pretty eager to see this project completed. Keep it up!

Thanks! I know the feeling, I first tried to get into ROM hacking back when there were only binary tools available, and never got anywhere. The pokecrystal disassembly has really made things so much easier!

Back