• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black and White Sneak-Peek tins

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweeties, I bought about +6 tins since I'm working on my TCG collection as well I found out the bases for the figures could either be black or white.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I don't really care for collector tins really as I just wait for the booster packs to be released. I did buy a few some time ago and they work really well for storing cards in and other stuff.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Do they really? I had no idea, now I have to check if I have the white or black ones. I'm pretty sure mine are clear though, is that what you mean by white?
    On a similar note, the new set was released today in North America and I believe we are getting even more tins, reshiram and zekrom. I plan to get them tonight so I'll post some info about what's inside them later.

Years
    Do they really? I had no idea, now I have to check if I have the white or black ones. I'm pretty sure mine are clear though, is that what you mean by white?
    On a similar note, the new set was released today in North America and I believe we are getting even more tins, reshiram and zekrom. I plan to get them tonight so I'll post some info about what's inside them later.

I checked mine and there are indeed two different colors of bases. I have two black bases and a white base myself. I thought nothing of the color difference at the time. Unless Tepig's base is always "white".

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I see, well I seem to have one clear base and I think it came with oshawatt but to be honest I got them mixed up. So I got the zekrom tin, the cards seem to be of even lower quality than what we came to know with the release of diamond and pearl and onwards. The card stock is soft and filmy like fake cards, as opposed to the slick laminate of the high-quality Japanese card stock, and the holofoil shows through in flecks through the non-holo parts of some holo cards. The tins come with a black star promo version of either zekrom or reshiram, and you can get cards of the same text in the packs and as secret rare versions. You still get four packs per tin, but no figure this time.

LAF

:D
    Years
    I got a white base with Tepig and Black with the other two. Rocket, you say you mixed them up? The bases are named.

Regarding whether Tepig just always comes with a white base and the others black, I decided I wanted to keep a sealed copy of the preview pack (I opened mine, and gave the other two to my brother and cousin) so I've bought another Snivy tin. If it comes with a white base we'll know :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Oh yeah lol I didn't even check for names, they are still in the plastic so I didn't see. But yeah, the clear one says oshawott.

Back