• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Black Onyx. (Need Staff!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaniacv3

PyRo, Lord of all that is Fire
Years
  • Pokemon Black Onyx. (Need Staff!)

Pokemon Black Onyx is a new fan game currently in production. We've been working on it for about...5-9 months now. We've got quite a bit done on it, But not enough. I'll show you all some screenshots and a small portion of the storyline. Black onyx isn't like most other pokemon games, official and un-official. We hope to introduce some new ideas never before seen. Few changes like no more elite four (What?!), That's right. We've replaced them with a new idea. And we're also hoping to have new travel ideas that won't be given out til the game is released due to idea theft. Now on to the goodies.
    Before I get started on those though, I'd like to point out that we do infact need more staff. We're looking for the following:
    1. Good Spriters
    2. Artists
    3. Ruby Scripters
    You can apply by joining our forums and filling out an Application here.

First we'll see a small chunk of the story.
    How It all Began....

Professor Danielle one day while researching...Discovers DNA of A new species of pokémon. However in Sinnoh region she finds no sign of any new species. She researches and searches for days...Still finding NOTHING. So she travels through other found regions such as Kanto and Johto, Still revealing no sign of new species. One day while in the Hoenn region she had over heard someone talking about a new region discovery. She didn't quit understand what he had said but what she was

Male's voice "This is top secret. I'm not supposed to tell anyone, but a new region has been discovered.

Male's voice "Nice, Where'd you here that from?"

Male's voice "I can't say but they say it has new species of pokémon. I think the name of it was...Aom----"

At that moment someone Bumped into Danielle and knocked her off her feet making enough noise that the two turned and seen her and walked away.

The next day she set out in search for the two who were talking about the "new region" to find out if it was true. So persistent to find them she did not give up. Several days later she went back to her cottage in the mountains near the Hoenn Region. She sat back for a few hours trying to decide whether to give up looking for the two whom were talking about the new region and trying to put a full name together.

Danielle "I wonder where that region could be...And where those two people could have gone."
    She decided to give up finding the two people and look for someone else who may have heard about it.

About a week later it seems as if that one fellow was the only one who had heard about it. SO she resumes research on the new species finding no more evidence.
    One lucky day while in town to get some supplies she spotted the young fellow who had been talking about the new region. She was so overjoyed and run to him as quickly as possible and began an interview.

Danielle "Hello there young fellow...I'm sorry to bug you, But the other day I was walking by and couldn't help but over hear you say something about a newly discovered region and newly discovered Pokémon? I only ask because I am a Pokémon Professor. I live to study pokémon and to discover new pokémon no one has ever seen"

Male "Well...I'm not really allowed to tell you. But I WAS told they need some help in the region for some research. I can contact...someone and find out if we can get you there, Sound good?"

Danielle replies with an overjoyed screech "YES!!! That sounds amazing. Let me give you my number and you call me when you find out. *Gives Number*"

Male "I'll keep in touch!"

As he slowly walks away Danielle realizes she hasn't gotten his name...But by the time she realizes he's vanished again. So Danielle head's back home and researches while waiting for a reply.

Several days pass and still she's not yet heard anything.

Precisely one month after talking to the male her phone rings, She answers
    "Hello?"

Male "Still interested in the New Region?"

"YES!"

Male "There's a secret air strip right outside of the Kanto region...Hidden Very well within a Forest...Go to Kanto's Professor Oak and He shall take you there. Once there you'll board a Plane that will Fly you to the new Region. You will be dropped off in Onyx Town. And given a Place to live and stay, As well as research. The Region's name is "Aomori". It is a top secret region. We do not want any discovered pokémon wondering into it or any new pokémon wandering out of it. Thus only entrance for it is by Plane. You are not to tell anyone of the region, pokémon, or anything contained within the region to keep out invaders, intruders, and Poachers. You're not to even tell your own family and friends, Got it? Do not ask my name I will not tell. I'm hanging up now Do not call back! Delete my number and go about with your business!

Danielle arrives in Onyx town. As promised she receives her Place to stay and research. Several years later Aomori region is revealed to many in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh Regions. The new Region is now a very populated region.

Back in Black Onyx town a Mother, Father and their son (Kione) moves in to a house in Onyx Town. At the age of 8, Kione's father dies and Kione inherited everything owned by his father.
    When he was only 9 Danielle the Professor had moved away from Onyx Town for research within the region for several years.

Thus begins our story...

7 Years Later....

Danielle returns to her research building to store all the data she's collected.
    A few days later Kione, now at the age of 16, was outside and had seen her carrying little red and white balls, and immediately knew they were pokéballs hoping they held pokémon within them. A couple of days later he wanders over to Danielle's research facility and starts talking to her.

Over the next year they get to know each other very well.

One day on the news they hear a report of A pokémon SO Powerful...It's said no one may tame it. Nor even catch it. Legend has it, it's been around since before Johto sitting on a deserted island Sleeping, and was awakened after the mishap in Hoenn between Magma and Aqua. Few have claimed to battle it and say it was so powerful their pokémon had not affected it in anyway. It's said to be larger then any known pokémon and holds more power then Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew, Mewtwo, Dialga, and Palkia. However never seen by human eyes because it's said it's still located on that deserted Island...and no single human has ever even seen this island…Except for one, whom goes by the name of "Gary". He leads a group named "The Mystical Opals (Cult)". This group has one purpose and that's to find the Mystic Opal that propels this Pokémon's powers. It's said that whoever has control over it, has control over this powerful pokémon.

So after watching the news, Kione walks over to Danielle's Lab to chat about this powerful creature. After chatting about it Danielle had a great idea! She ask Kione,
    "Hey Kione, How would you like to help me set out to search for this pokémon, and perhaps capture it for ourselves?"
    Kione responded, "Are you crazy Danielle?!...I know nothing of pokémon. I don't even own one"
    Danielle said, "Well, while I was gone for the last 7 years I've required much data, And even captured 3 pokémon. I would happily offer one to you if you'd help me out?"

Overyjoyed Kione responded "Really?!?! I'd LOVE to do it"
    So Danielle walked Kione to a table containing 3 pokéballs and told him to choose one….

After choosing a pokémon, Kione sets off on his journey….

(Some of this is most likely going to be changed.)

Here's a list of our cities:

Region = Aomori

1. (Beginning point) Onyx Town
    Gym Leader Name: -----
    Gym Leader Type: Unknown
    Badge: Black Onyx Badge
    Effect: ???

2. Taafeit City
    Gym Leader Name: Kileena
    Gym Leader Type: Dark/Steel
    Badge: Tektite Badge

3. Beryl City
    Gym Leader Name: ???
    Gym Leader Type: Fighting
    Badge: GreenStone badge

4. Nephrite City
    Gym Leader Type: Fire
    Badge: Schist Badge

5. Gravite City
    Gym Leader Type: Poison
    Badge: Serpentinite Badge

6. Diamond City
    Gym Leader Type: Grass/Bug
    Badge: Rutile Badge

7. Benitoite City
    Gym Leader Type: Water/Ice
    Badge: Lazurite Badge

8. Ammolite City
    Gym Leader Type: Rock/Ground
    Badge: Bajada Badge

9. Dravite City
    Gym Leader Type: Dragon/Flying
    Badge: Variscite Badge

As for towns,

Amethyst town, Carnelian Town, Labradorite Town, Tanzanite Town, Graywacke Town, Calcite Town and Sugilite town.

And now for some screenshots.

Temp. Menu Screen

Onyx Town

AOMORI MAP!!!!

Onyx Re-modeled

ROute 301 Video

V0.1 Intro System

Project Completion:
    Mapping:
    About 25%

Scripting:
    About 34%

Dex:
    About 93%

Character Design:
    About 5%

Tilesets:
    About 83%

Sprites:
    About 2%

Overall:
    About 30%

If there's anything you'd like to know about the game PM me, Or follow the link to the site/forums in my sig! Thanks for stopping by ^_^

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Looks good.
    But do you have a proper battle system since your resolution was a default one so I think you're not using Pokemon Essential.
    Or are you using Pokemon Script Project ?

pyromaniacv3

Years
  • We do have a battle system right now, But not the greatest...Still needs alot of work lol. We did use a starter kit of some kind. But that's just to get us going. We're actually hoping to get a completely custom battle system. :D

Last edited:

Demonic Budha

semi-good RMXPer (not script)
    Years
  • I see that your Dex is almost complete, how many are there in total?
    And do you have your starters created?
    Thanks

pyromaniacv3

Years
  • There will be about 201 ALL NEW in total. Maybe a little more. Umm, our starter concepts are done, Our grass starter is indeed finalized. Though I may change the starter types, Not sure yet.

Anything else anyone wants to know?

HeavyOctillery

Locked & Loaded
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2018
    Looks pretty cool. If you ever need a Pokemon namer, I'm available - I can pull 2 games worth at once. :P

Also, some of the Fakemon look really un-Pokemon-like - borderline Neopet. DEFINITELY want to avoid that. :P Nice use of Egyptian myth with a lot of 'em, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ...Mh, there's not much impressive, but your game isn't abysmal either. The maps are decent, but the plot seems... fishy. An "undiscovered" region? A Pokemon "more powerful than Celebi, Deoxys, Jirachi, Mew, Mewtwo, Dialga, and Palkia"? An item called the "Mystic Opal"? Sounds more than a little weak, if you ask me. :/ Ah well, at least your fakemon are good...

Though I do wonder: is there any particular reason you're using StellarWind's fursona (the green and brown creature second to the right in the banner)? It just... doesn't strike me as something he'd let people use in a fangame, that's all. :/

But, um. Keep going with your game, despite its shortcomings. ^^

pyromaniacv3

Years
  • Yes there is a reason. Someone submitted it to me and told me they made it -.-...Sorry about that, guess the person was lying...That one will be removed, thank you for letting me know ;o.

And yes, an undiscovered region is the plot, whether you like it or not ;p. The item is still unnamed until we get a little more story written down. I've been thinkin about re-writting the entire story though, so that may change. And "Apokalipse" the powerfu poke, may even be removed. Cause like you say, sounds kind of lame. However, I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this moment. The game has been at a halt the last few months due to personal issues among all of my staff. Been way to busy to even think about the game. But I'm trying to gather them, along with new staff, up to put it back into play. I have quite a few new ideas for it and cannot wait to write them down and start mapping again.

If you have any suggestion, please feel free to suggest them :}

Years
  • (Just so you know: the person who this character belongs to is this guy, very skilled but also very not-tolerant of theft in any way, shape, or form. ...And actually, that particular picture is fanart of his character by someone else. xD; link ...I know these people.)

It is beyond me why, with Pokeballs and the internet and other obviously very high technology that they have in the Pokemon world, they don't have satellite imagery. o_o Undiscovered regions exist only in a world that is pre-space travel. Now, an uninhabited region might make a little more sense (but only a little, mind you.) And why do a legendary-centric plot? Why does there have to be a team of evil guys? Honestly, play around with a generator until you find the basic workings of a plot and go from there, rather than thinking you need all these so-called classic (aka uncreative) themes.

Just my two cents. :3

pyromaniacv3

Years
  • Honestly, I wasn't going to put in a "team of bad guys" to begin with. But I managed to scrounge up a decent idea for them, which is remaining because It's a great idea. The whole idea behind the new legend, was to do something the official games hasn't nor will do. Now I see where you're coming from, but you're the only one who doesn't like the idea (as of now anyway). That idea is bound to change probably, as we don't have an official story base yet. And an undiscovered region? Think about it, when Gold/Silver came out, they were "newly" discovered regions, were they not? Indeed they were, so what's the difference here? I see none.

And about steller's work, again I didn't know it was his. If I had known, I wouldn't have used it. However, someone submitted it to me and told me it was his and that he designed it. Now that he was lying, I will remove it from my dex.

Years
  • Who says it's a great idea? You do, I suppose. Theoretically, evil organizations are a great idea to have in RPGs-- they give the main character something to differentiate himself from, and they have grunts and whatnot that lead up to tougher admins (bosses) and a leader (final boss). They can make good plots, too (see: Mother 3). I don't have an issue with the basic idea of an evil organization. The only problem is that they feature copiously in Pokemon official games and fangames alike, and what was new and innovative over ten years ago isn't so much now. :/ You can make a good Evil Team... if they're developed enough. People who form an organization with the single goal of releasing a legendary Pokemon and achieving World Domination are so one-sided, and often lack motivation other than a lust for power. Okay, okay, so it makes your game look pretty, and you have some interesting screenshots and hype and crap. But when people play your game... there's no emotional factor. "oh yay. I just saved the world. Again. I'll go catch some more Pokemon now." You don't want a game like that-- you want one that stands out.

tl;dr, Evil Teams are cliche and boring unless well-developed, which yours isn't.

...Furthermore, Johto wasn't newly discovered. At all. It was certainly much more rural than Kanto, but honestly, does "Goldenrod City" ring a bell?

pyromaniacv3

Years
  • You don't get what I mean by that. The surely discovered it some how. With the new species, which is what is happening here.
    ANd you don't know the plot behind the "evil team" here. It's not like the normal "evil team" cliche's. There's a reason other then "power' behind it.
    What I have posted here, was MY original thoughts. I have alot of stuff on it changed and alot more going to be changed.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
  • I've always liked how instead of pretty much killing copyright laws by making pokemon games, people come up with their own units and make a same-genre game. nice job i want to help. Ruby? huh... ill look that up, i always like trying new languages. If you need ANY help with web designing though, im your man. HTML, CSS, JS, (PHP, mySQL a little). Ill register on ur forum mate

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back